Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't download photos from yahoo emails

Options
  • 05-02-2014 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hey - really bogged down with this.

I have a number of photos on emails I want to save to a memory stick.
    When I try to save them it is only giving me an option to Save As Type Web Page, HTML Only; or Web Page, Complete.
    The default file extension is .htm I'm trying to change to jpg but it still won't let me save as any other type than Web Page.

I think the problem is the pictures are in the emails as scripts rather than files - although they appear in emails as file attachments...

Does this make sense to anyone?
    Any idea how I can save these to a usable format on a memory stick?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Do you see the thumbnails of the images.

you should be able to click on the download icon (bottom right of the thumbnail) and then click save to my computer.

Can you take a screenshot if the option is not there (there is also an option to download all attachments).

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭patg

hearny wrote: »
    Do you see the thumbnails of the images.

you should be able to click on the download icon (bottom right of the thumbnail) and then click save to my computer.

Can you take a screenshot if the option is not there (there is also an option to download all attachments).

Hearny - thanks for the reply.
    All very strange. Yes I could see images in the email but couldn't right click and save as anything other than a web-link; script type record.

I've sorted by forwarding all to an outlook account where I can do any of the basic processes that I would have thought should have been possible first off - copy & paste, dragging, save as jpeg...

Not sure why couldn't do that on yahoo.. Not hugely impressed with yahoo these days..

Thanks anyway for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If you were viewing them online on the Yahoo server then most likely they would just be link. It would only be when they were downloaded to an email client that the attachment would become a file.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭patg

Thanks FSL

Advertisement