Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everton at the Lane

Options
  • 05-02-2014 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Anyway, fcuk all the bickering, I'll be in Dublin airport early on Sunday morning for a beer and to support the love of my life at WHL ;)

YID ARMY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Anyway, fcuk all the bickering, I'll be in Dublin airport early on Sunday morning for a beer and to support the love of my life at WHL ;)

YID ARMY

Enjoy buddy, did the cards arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Enjoy buddy, did the cards arrive?

Indeed they did pal, I owe ye one...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Interesting team to choose from, with both Dembele & Sandro out. According to Physioroom, Verts & Kaboul are fine, though both are maybe lacking game time.

Lloris
    Walker - Dawson - Verts - Rose
    Lennon - Paulinho - Capoue - Townsend
    Eriksen

Ade

Seeing as Seamus Coleman is injured, which should mean Rose will have an easier time, we could stick with Eriksen on the left and have Soldado and Ade up front. I'd imagine that Tim will probably go for Bentaleb instead of Capoue too. This will be a very interesting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Coleman ain't injured? He always plays great against us, Deulofeu and Mirralllas are very threatening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Coleman ain't injured? He always plays great against us, Deulofeu and Mirralllas are very threatening.

Deulofeu is apparently not match fit just yet, Martinez says his cleared from injury but may not feature on Sunday. . . Hopefully

• Advertisement

Emoran wrote: »
    Deulofeu is apparently not match fit just yet, Martinez says his cleared from injury but may not feature on Sunday. . . Hopefully

He'll definitely cause our back four plenty of problems, if he plays? Dembele is back though?

According to Physioroom Dembele and Sandro are not back until the 9th. Oh and Hatch, you get one chance at starting a match thread. If we don't win, Devo takes over again ;)

Belgium midfielder Dembele missed the 1-1 draw with Hull City with an ankle injury.

"He's fine. He's back out training again and he's in the frame to start against Everton," Sherwood added.

So do we go with Dembele & Paulinho? Dembele & Benteleb? I think it has to be the former.

Definitely D & P.

• Advertisement

If Verts is back we're starting to look like a strong team again. Just need Sandro and Kaboul back and that'll be the best of the squad.

Coleman is back :(

Lennon has been shít of late, he really could do with being benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Hatch99 wrote: »

YID ARMY

Is the match on the big screen in the airport?
    Would you not just watch it in your local?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I can see this being a high scoring game. 3-2 or 3-3. I can't say who will win 3-2. It'll be tight.

It's a top 4 'six pointer', both teams have to go for it and both teams play attacking football. An early goal could open the floodgates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 heidiklum

I'm heading over with me ol fella (a toffees fan) for it.......looking forward to him not being able to get animated in the spurs section...ha ha

He reckons they'll spank us. I'm quietly confident now that we have a near fit squad to choose from.

3-1 us I reckon

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

heidiklum wrote: »
    I'm heading over with me ol fella (a toffees fan) for it.......looking forward to him not being able to get animated in the spurs section...ha ha

I'm heading over to it with my brother (a toffee). I'm also looking forward to see him cry in a sea of white!! :D

Is the match on the big screen in the airport?
    Would you not just watch it in your local?
    The forum jinx, last time I get you tickets ye tool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

I'm in London this weekend and still toying with the idea of turning up at the Lane on Sunday and taking my chances on picking up a ticket outside the ground. What do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Everton are good. I am sooooooo happy to see Vertonghan nearly back. We have been terrible without him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

abff wrote: »
    I'm in London this weekend and still toying with the idea of turning up at the Lane on Sunday and taking my chances on picking up a ticket outside the ground. What do you reckon?

Get onto @HotspurTickets on twitter, usually some floating about especially on match day and if all else fails you will find one on the day but expect to be ripped off!

Players that only come back into the squad on matchday from a decent period out off the squad rarely start...
    So

Hugo

Kyle - Jan - Michael - Danny.

Lennon - Mousa - Paulinho - Christy

Bobby - Jermaine -

Bench -

Sandro
    Andros
    Gyfli
    Kyle
    Nabil
    Harold
    Vlad

The first MUST WIN game of the season.
    2-1 Spurs.
    Jan 1st Scorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

"You're only as good as your last performance"

Another unconvincing home performance against a pretty confident Everton team.
    2-1 to the toffees or maybe a score draw (1-1, 2-2, can't see us scoring 3)

Is Ade out? I hope not as the thought of us having to rely on Soldado and Defoe doesn't fill me with confidence, especially Soldado.

Players that only come back into the squad on matchday from a decent period out off the squad rarely start...
    So

Hugo

Bobby - Jermaine -

Bench -

Sandro
    Andros
    Gyfli
    Kyle
    Nabil
    Harold
    Vlad

2-1 Spurs.
    Jan 1st Scorer.

Story with the Togan ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 heidiklum

So

Hugo

Bobby - Jermaine -

Bench -

Sandro
    Andros
    Gyfli
    Kyle
    Nabil
    Harold
    Vlad

2-1 Spurs.
    Jan 1st Scorer.

Vlad for Daws and Ade for Defoe....please.

Just think we are playing Ade every minute and he came off in the 90th min against Hull.. may rest him at home to be fully rested for Newcastle away.
    Will need him to hold it up top that night.
    Just my thinking.;)

No chance - I don't buy this resting thing. If he's not injured, he plays. We could rest him on Sunday, lose the match, he could injure himself in training and miss out on the Newcastle match. He's our most in-form striker and at the moment the only one capable of leading the line.

Every game from here on in is crucial. If our best players, and Ade is definitely one of them, are not injured or knackered, they should all play.

Giroud plays every game for Arsenal, so no need for this resting malarkey. Sure were out of all cup competitions bar EL. If he decides to play two up top then play Defoe, bench the greaser.

Who knows he might pop up with the winner? 3-2 to Tottenham.

• Advertisement

Just think we are playing Ade every minute and he came off in the 90th min against Hull.. may rest him at home to be fully rested for Newcastle away.
    Will need him to hold it up top that night.
    Just my thinking.;)

spoofer forgot about him

Advertisement