Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everton at the Lane

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Massive win even though we weren't in form by no means,I think it was a bit of passion that got us the result in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Wonder where we'd be in the table if Ade was still frozen out, considering we had two shots on target, would Soldado have taken that chance...not a focking hope. I've been hugely critical of Ade, at the moment...he's on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Doesn't look like TS is gonna drop Dawson for Kaboul any time soon though

No I agree but I think he will play jan at left bk and Kaboul in the centre.harsh on rose but it would be a better back 4 in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

No I agree but I think he will play jan at left bk and Kaboul in the centre.harsh on rose but it would be a better back 4 in my opinion

Expect a transfer request from Jan in the summer so.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

irishmover wrote: »
    Expect a transfer request from Jan in the summer so.
    I would like to see walker Kaboul Verthongen rose but we all know tim won't drop Dawson.it may be a desicion that costs us fourth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I would have to centre backs of Verts and Cirches,

Kaboul at right back. ( he was brilliant for us there before )

Not sure aboot left back at the moment:confused:

You never know Rose might blossom into a good player ;)

Push Walker more forward to relace Lennon

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

WE were lucky not to give a Penalty near the end.

Goodbye Jermaine, the best of luck and thanks for all your Goals :)

No way was it a penalty. Coleman was almost on his knees before the challenge. Mind you I've seem em given before.

Played badly and won. Prefer that to playing well and losing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

yiddo59 wrote: »
    No way was it a penalty. Coleman was almost on his knees before the challenge. Mind you I've seem em given before.

Yep,twas never a penno.

davycc wrote: »
    always sounded like "easy oh" to me:confused:

Done a few google searches and it's definitely 'Jermain Defoe, He's a yido'

Made much more sense anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Liamalone wrote: »
    lol no problem, you have a twin living a few doors away from me! Enjoy the game, hopefully be a good 'un!

COYB though lol I come in peace :P

Must be a handsome fella ;)
    davycc wrote: »
    always sounded like "easy oh" to me:confused:

easy oh :D:D:D

Thought it looked dodgy at the time, haven't see it on tv yet.

Thought we were very average. Team selection was odd, playing 3 in the middle along with a guy on the left wo always drifts inside too, left us with no width on the left apart from Rose. Everton could have been 2 up before we got started, and even when we eventually settled, we didn't really ever open them up. Even though we won, I'd still be very worried for us, but beat newcastle on wed night and we're hanging in there.

Shattered this morning after the day of beer, getting old :(

COYS

P.S. Went to the members club yesterday for the first time, decent spot if you want a little more comfort than your normal pub or if you have females or kids with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Thats three games in a row now where we have started very poorly. Everton just didn't have the fire power of City to punish us for what was another palry effort. Nobody could have argued had it been 0-3 at half time.

I cannot believe how ordinary we are yet are still in contention, if we click at all we'll be right in there. I'm just not convinced anymore, I think AVB took the mojo out of us and Sherwood's contribution was the re-integrate Adebayor and start Bentelab.

It would be scary to thik of how bad we'd be without Ade really. Only Dembele, Lloris, Verthongen and Ade would have improved an injury hit Everton yesterday, which is a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Must be a handsome fella ;)

easy oh :D:D:D

Thought it looked dodgy at the time, haven't see it on tv yet.

Thought we were very average. Team selection was odd, playing 3 in the middle along with a guy on the left wo always drifts inside too, left us with no width on the left apart from Rose. Everton could have been 2 up before we got started, and even when we eventually settled, we didn't really ever open them up. Even though we won, I'd still be very worried for us, but beat newcastle on wed night and we're hanging in there.

Shattered this morning after the day of beer, getting old :(

COYS

P.S. Went to the members club yesterday for the first time, decent spot if you want a little more comfort than your normal pub or if you have females or kids with you.

Hey, the tripadvisor is my job!!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I didnt think Dembele was all that good yesterday at all.
    Holds onto the ball faaaar too long, the amount of times he should have released the ball but did his usual 360 turn and then play it sideways was very frustrating for me.
    Dont get me wrong, im a big fan of his but yesterday him and every other player were floating around like headless chickens.
    We had no pattern of play or any game plan or nowt!!
    At least with AVB, we had the ball for the majority of the time, and we did create lots of chances..ie Newcastle and Cardiff, both keepers created new records for shots saved in 90 mins.
    Yesterday we couldnt string 3 passes together, and as for the formation, shape and team selection??????
    I hadnt a clue, and actually never do have a clue who does be playing where!!!
    Still think we'll beat Newcastle on Wednesday though!!!
    coys-thfc-ttid-ynwa.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 heidiklum

Was at the game yday. Adebayor outside the goal was hopeless, he kept losing the ball. Don't know why sherwood doesn't play 4-4-2. He invites pressure. On bigtime with 1 up top. Bentelab contributed nothing yesterday the kid needs a break. My team for toon

Hugo walker vert daws (kaboul when fully fit) rose Lennon dembele paulinho Townsend bobby and Ade

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Dembele put in a huge shift yesterday, the team shape was puzzling. It's almost like he's trying to please everyone. We'll probably continue in this pattern for the rest of the season, not playing great and winning/drawing. Appalling slow starts continue, but that goes back to AVB's time in charge.

I presume Sandro will reclaim his spot when fit which will see Bentaleb return to the bench. He's a good prospect, but should be used more so as a sub, integrated slowly as he has a long way to go before becoming a regular starter.

They did do a good job at restricting Coleman and Baines, that's one thing that stuck out yesterday. Lennon needs a size 12 up his back side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Its been mentioned a few times already on this thread I know but Walker's attempts at crossing yesterday was beyond a fukn joke, especially in the 2nd half. It's a problem Spurs seem to be suffering from for a long time and not just Walker. Do they not have some sort of debrief and watch the game again to see the good and bad of the game? Or have we just got players with crooked feet that can't be straightened? Really amazed we got all three points yesterday.

Hope we sell Walker, Dawson and Lennon in the summer. Ade has been doing well since brought back in ( who wuda believed?). Thought he was stone fukn looney mad when he said he'd be number one striker before end of season. I'd sell him off too at end of season. Definitely wouldn't risk giving him another big contract. Or if he was to stay would link a major part of his pay on performance and goals. There are lots of new players need to prove their worth also or consider shipping some of the out in summer.

Can see liverpool and Chelsea ripping us apart next month if we don't improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Its been mentioned a few times already on this thread I know but Walker's attempts at crossing yesterday was beyond a fukn joke, especially in the 2nd half. It's a problem Spurs seem to be suffering from for a long time and not just Walker. Do they not have some sort of debrief and watch the game again to see the good and bad of the game? Or have we just got players with crooked feet that can't be straightened? Really amazed we got all three points yesterday.

Hope we sell Walker, Dawson and Lennon in the summer. Ade has been doing well since brought back in ( who wuda believed?). Thought he was stone fukn looney mad when he said he'd be number one striker before end of season. I'd sell him off too at end of season. Definitely wouldn't risk giving him another big contract. Or if he was to stay would link a major part of his pay on performance and goals. There are lots of new players need to prove their worth also or consider shipping some of the out in summer.

Can see liverpool and Chelsea ripping us apart next month if we don't improve.

We are 2 points better off this season than we were at the same stage last season. Long way to go yet. Enjoy the ride!
    COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We are 2 points better off this season than we were at the same stage last season.
    COYS

I just cannot believe that. I can't believe for all the awful results, the hammerings we have taken, the dodgy performances that we are only 1 result behind Liverpool, the same Liverpool team that's been hailed by all and lauded as this seasons surprise success story.

It's a funny old game.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Liverpool and arsenal are 14 points better off though. Everton are 3 points better off i think. We're better off yes but not improving massively

• Advertisement
Advertisement