Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of approved/registered veterinary medicine used in Ireland?

Options
  • 05-02-2014 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am not sure if such a thing exists or not, but is there a list of approved medicines that are used on Irish farms today?, for both cows and sheep. Surely medicine manufacturers go through strict regulations to be allowed market their medicines in Ireland?
    If so I was hoping there would be a list of them, or does anyone know where i could find out where to look?

I have done a bit of search into the matter on my own but I have had no luck.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭the al kid

If you google Irish Medicines Board scroll down to veterinary Medicines it will give you a full alphabetic list of all vet meds currently approved complete with access to data sheets giving withdrawl times etc.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aido222

Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

IMB can be abit behind time for some reason as often using new to the market products that are not listed:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Base price

IMB can be abit behind time for some reason as often using new to the market products that are not listed:confused:
    If not listed in the IMB then they should be listed on the EMA's site.
    http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Base price wrote: »
    If not listed in the IMB then they should be listed on the EMA's site.
    http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/

Thanks for that Base price, have not seen that site before. If its licensed in EU are we nearly always good to go here? as in the actives anyway, brand names will obviously differ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Thanks for that Base price, have not seen that site before. If its licensed in EU are we nearly always good to go here? as in the actives anyway, brand names will obviously differ
    Also withdrawal periods can differ between member states!!!!!!

Advertisement