Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What vehicle do you use to transport your dogs and have you it modified?

• 05-02-2014 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I want to change to something more apt for the dog - I have been using my saloon for long enough.

I don't know how I should modify the van or anything or if I should just use a crate - if I was to use a crate how would I stop it from moving around and is there a way to reduce possibility of injury if, god forbid there was an accident.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Hooked wrote: »
    hugobus.jpg

null_zpse8189708.jpg

We opted for a BMW touring, albeit an older car - I'm a bit of a softie on the E46 model. I've owned 3, 2 coupes and now the touring version.

My point is - it has a removable divider that retracts behind the headrests (attaches to 2 grooves in the ceiling) and the glass opens separately to the entire boot (very handy). And two hooks near the back seats - that we use to lock Hugos harness to. Acts like a seatbelt...

3 very handy features.

Oh - and get yourself a genius device called a ventlock! Like a little extension that let's the boot (and car) be fully locked yet technically open to let air in. Handy for short stops at the shops or having a swim with the car in sight.

I dug out this old reply of mine. Husky number 2 will for comfortably... Not sure how many dogs you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

I dug out this old reply of mine. Husky number 2 will for comfortably... Not sure how many dogs you have?

I have one german shepherd - your car is beautiful - have you any pics without that tint? I want to get one that looks like that - it seems a lot of them aren't with the sport kit.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I've a fiesta (new shape) and I can fit my two easily (medium and small dog), as well as daughters friends border collie. Only mod is a dog guard, and boot is lined with vet bed, to make it comfy and easy to clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

euser1984 wrote: »
    I have one german shepherd - your car is beautiful - have you any pics without that tint? I want to get one that looks like that - it seems a lot of them aren't with the sport kit.

Thanks.
    I'd been after a 5 series touring when I spotted this e46 with 'potential'.

null_zpsd62c6faa.png

Stuck an mtech front, mv2 5 series wheels, eibach lowering springs and tinted the rear windows. Spent about another grand on her (thank you eBay and done deal) and I'm happy out.

null_zps803e4e70.jpg

null_zps9e0dfa90.jpg

Another old post above. She was bought as a standard enough e46. There's still a boy racer trapped in me, trying to get out.

I had the windows done myself along with some other modifications...

Advertisement