Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wooden floor fitting cost

Options
  • 06-02-2014 12:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16

I recently bought 37 sqr meters of American walnut lamanent flooring for my living room and main bedroom , got a very good deal ( I think ) , my next step is to find someone to lay the flooring

any idea how much this area would cost to fit , I presume their is something to be done with skirting etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 findersteve

It depends with the skirting Dale, depends if you have carpet there at the moment or existing flooring.
    You need to fit underlay and ideally remove existing skirting and reapply skirting tight with your new walnut laminate Floor.
    If you tell me your town in a PM i'll give you a list of a few guys who price to do it for you. My rough estimate
    would be about 2 days MAX work. I advise to not pay more than €350 for the labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Laminate Flooring, do it yourself, its pretty easy and you will save a fortune!

Edit: Do the bedroom first though in case you make any mistakes, easier to hide and you should be fine for the living room then, a friend or someone in the family has probably done this before, see if they can help you do it, you will get a great sense of satisfaction from doing it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

10 euro per square meter is about right are you planning on painting your room soon ???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 dale_scully

Carpenter wrote: »
    10 euro per square meter is about right are you planning on painting your room soon ???

yes , plan to paint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

yes , plan to paint

Well then get the skirting removed and re fitted it looks a lot better than a slip

• Advertisement
Advertisement