Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling of Travelling Alone

Options
  • 06-02-2014 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey people i'm 22 and thinking of travelling to either Thailand or Australia..or both either this year or next year. None of my friends want to travel because there all home birds or just have no interest...i dont really want to travel alone so i was just wondering can anyone help on me on some sites to look up for people travelling alone as i have had no look what so ever..or even give me some advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Phil UGC

If you're backpacking you will meet plenty of people along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Hostels are hives of activity and really, really easy to meet people in places like that! You're the perfect age for it so my advice - go for it! You'll never regret it.

When/if you return, you may notice that your homebird mates will still be there doing the same old thing in the same old surroundings.

When I came back after a year in Aus it was a shock....nothing had changed, and I had. A lot.

Aaaah I want to go back so much. But can't at the minute, personal circumstances.

Set sail, young man, and experience the wooorrrld!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gem19

Hi there

Planning on traveling on my own to australia on my own as a friend let me down and other friends have no interest its a big step but its now or never

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Anthony1993

Hi im travelling to Australia on a working holiday visa for a year if your looking for a travel partner, getting my passprt renewed and then applying for visa.

when are you planning on going anthony

• Advertisement

Hi gem not too sure yet, it depends when i get my visa and stuff, i go tmr if i could but im not going to rush it but id like to go in April maybe May. When were you thinking?

Hi Anthony

Was thinking of March but my friend let me down nothing set in stone was looking up flights etc was hoping to go to perth as a few friends said its good for work etc but im easy going as I say nothng booked yet have to send my passport away this week jt discovered its out of date in june so better gt cracking on that

Hi Ashx91,

Wer all in the same boat its a big step and I am for one quite nervous I hoping to go to Australia in March /April time hoping to travel and work there is a few good sites out there and there a few diff sites on facebook also. Have u any dates set etc

hey Gem, private message sent :)

Just said id send a PM as dont want tot clog up your thread :)

• Advertisement

ue message arent coming thru anthony

hey gem did you get that messages?

Advertisement