Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-box live question.

• 06-02-2014 9:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I got my daughters a 360 for Christmas and they now want a X-box live subscription do I need to get one each or would one account cover both girls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

dinorebel wrote: »
    Hi
    I got my daughters a 360 for Christmas and they now want a X-box live subscription do I need to get one each or would one account cover both girls?

Do they both use the same account on the 360? As in the same profile name? If they do, then you only need the one subscription.

There is a thread in the Xbox forum on where to get cheap xbox live subscriptions too! I hope this helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Do they both use the same account on the 360? As in the same profile name? If they do, then you only need the one subscription.

There is a thread in the Xbox forum on where to get cheap xbox live subscriptions too! I hope this helps :)
    What they are looking to do is download skins ect for minecraft what I really need to know is 1 live account going to allow them to do that on 2 individual x-box profiles?

dinorebel wrote: »
    What they are looking to do is download skins ect for minecraft what I really need to know is 1 live account going to allow them to do that on 2 individual x-box profiles?

Well if they have 2 individual profiles on the one xbox, then you will need 2 xbox live subscriptions, one for each profile. Otherwise if you buy one subscription, only one of the profiles will be abe able to download skins etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Well if they have 2 individual profiles on the one xbox, then you will need 2 xbox live subscriptions, one for each profile. Otherwise if you buy one subscription, only one of the profiles will be abe able to download skins etc.

Is purchased content available to all profiles on the console by way of a local license? I know it is with downloaded games etc, not sure about DLC though?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Is purchased content available to all profiles on the console by way of a local license? I know it is with downloaded games etc, not sure about DLC though?

I'm not too sure about that one. Technically the content would be on the same hard drive, but whether or not all profiles have access to it is another question. Maybe you could test this by putting a song or something on the hard drive and seeing can both profiles access it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm not too sure about that one. Technically the content would be on the same hard drive, but whether or not all profiles have access to it is another question. Maybe you could test this by putting a song or something on the hard drive and seeing can both profiles access it?

Well it definitely works with purchased digital games, I'm not sure about the likes of skins/dlc though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Looks like it.

This forum thread has more here, with the consensus being that you can share them.

See here.

Advertisement