Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Logo - I'd love your opinions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,038 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

di11on wrote: »
    Are either of these an improvement?

C:

er_new_2.png

I quite like that. If you had your cards embossed with the outline of the top logo with the E included that could look pretty sweet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

That E just gets lost in the white space imo, on first glance at the top one above (C) I see the R, I see the bit of chord to the right and I think Energy or power etc but the E then just becomes the 2 prongs of a plug top and the actual 'E' is secondary and goes unnoticed. Without the actual name underneath I probably would miss the E completely. On a business card you could emboss it but on headed paper etc it will be flat and still be lost. Thats just my 2 cents anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

di11on wrote: »
    Are either of these an improvement?

C:

er_new_2.png

D:

er_new_3.png

You probably need another suggestion here like a hole in the head.. but here's a couple anyway. In the 1st one (or even the 2nd one) change graphic to the right of the R to green and then the word consultants or consultancy or consultant services to green as well.

This one you won't like. Put a straight green line to the left of the image. Two reasons. It makes the E obvious and employes that the plug is pluging into green energy. I would also change the smaller words to green on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Thought I'd give this a bash (very rough obviously but you should get the idea!)

4YWCcUi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Nice one Cianos - I like the idea - I've sent it on to the designer. I'm thinking If the cable was a solid colour, it could be interesting.

Although the nice thing of the original design is the simplicity, I'm ware of over complicating it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

maybe 208 is the best - people will think they recognise it and therefore you stick in their memory more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 mary30

Hi di11on

I like the 208 looks very good.

Good luck with it !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 mary30

Well that of cianos is not bad idea 2 I liket it !

Thanks Mary and others for the feedback.

The problem I have with developing the plug idea is that a plug is not the best symbol for my business... it's too low level (as someone else said, it suggests electrician). It's ok if it's a subtle inference but not so suitable when it's the main thrust of the logo.

Thanks again to everyone that's posted - I've really found the responses, thoughts and comments extremely helpful. We've narrowed the choice down to 2... 1 is the sunny e design and the other, a variant of the orange plug.

I've posted a link to a poll on these 2 designs over in the design forum, so please feel free to head over there to post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057144282

Thanks again all.

EDIT: Here's a link to the new poll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

id say the first logo in the survey link is better than passable but i wouldn't call it great.. its about as good as i'd expect from a energy consulting firm if you know what i mean..
    (like it does not need to be CokeCola etc. )

the second logo: the ER does not work until you read Energy Reform, the E is lost (as you know) the shape to the right of the R is pointless i'd definitely remove it.

If you persevere with the 'ER' i'd use the profile of the E you use in 'energy' (consulting) the shape is nicer and it may be more visually recognisable.. to aid the e stand out you could use a thin line highlighting the profile of the left of the E.. the line can be short and thin...it will make the E apparent tho.

if you google image search energy logo; yours will fit in in terms of aesthetic.. but it won't stand out...

see this one is similar :

http://www.google.com/imgres?start=137&client=safari&sa=X&rls=en&biw=1249&bih=629&tbm=isch&tbnid=gDddvQaQKbnzoM%3A&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cprandpartners.com%2Fwork%2Fdont-tread-on-me%2Fdiversified-energy-logo-web%2F&docid=PmuMpvA3v8H8OM&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cprandpartners.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F09%2FDiversified-Energy-Logo-Web.jpg&w=800&h=800&ei=OMD2UuP3LoOS7QaZ1YHgAQ&zoom=1&ved=0CJgBEIQcMDE4ZA&iact=rc&dur=4223&page=9&ndsp=20

Advertisement