Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warning to dog owners

Options
  • 06-02-2014 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Yesterday I witnessed the drowning of a family pet at the cove. A dog owner out for a walk saw her dog drown at the cove. The dog went down the path to the seashore and was swept out to sea by storm force waves. It was quite upsetting to see a dog struggle with the might of the sea. It didn't have a chance. Let other dog owners beware that a dog off the leash near dangerous seas is extremely risky.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Thank you for posting. That must have been horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

The poor dog :mad: that is horrendous... for the dog and its family.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Jesus that's awful. Never mess with the power of the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Should be on a lead. But poor dog awful way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    Should be on a lead. But poor dog awful way to go

This is the first thing I thought of too but accidents can happen and i sure the owner feel utterly terrible.

• Advertisement

On Sky news something similar nearly happened, in England I presume.
    Woman with her dog on the lead almost getting dragged into the sea, what's with people's fascination with getting so close to something so unpredictable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'd never get over that. Nearly died last year stupidly going in after mine. Poor owner :( Thanks for the warning. Might put one on fb too. :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    On Sky news something similar nearly happened, in England I presume.
    Woman with her dog on the lead almost getting dragged into the sea, what's with people's fascination with getting so close to something so unpredictable?

I think that was Waterford. (The pier at Tramore). Whats worse is a guy did something similar wth his children earlier in the week :( I dont know why people are such adrenalin junkies. Then again, I have memories of standing on that pier as a kid and being thrilled when wave spray would crash over and we'd have to run. Maybe people just dont appreciate how suddenly things can change.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I think that was Waterford. (The pier at Tramore). Whats worse is a guy did something similar wth his children earlier in the week :( I dont know why people are such adrenalin junkies. Then again, I have memories of standing on that pier as a kid and being thrilled when wave spray would crash over and we'd have to run. Maybe people just dont appreciate how suddenly things can change.[/QUOT

I've seen people do crazy things with there kids whilst I'm out fishing, all for the sake of a photo. It's only pure luck that there's not more accidents and fatalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

cocker5 wrote: »
    This is the first thing I thought of too but accidents can happen and i sure the owner feel utterly terrible.

I have a friend in the coast guard and she was devastated. I run Wicklow lost it found animals FB page, I was going to post but was afraid I'd upset the is era if they read it.
    I posted in a round about way though

• Advertisement
Advertisement