Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noisy High Heels

• 06-02-2014 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

I've just started wearing heels in the office (usually I'm in little flat pumps) and they are loud in the very very quiet office and I'm a bit self conscious about it!

Is there anything I can put on the bottom to stop them making the clickity clack noise when I walk?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Are the heel tips plastic or metal? If they're metal you can bring them to the cobblers and have plastic ones put on instead. But you're probably just self conscious because you're not used to them. Also bear in mind a stiletto (skinny) heel will always make more noise than one with a larger surface area at the heel tip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Thanks Dee_Mc, they're plastic on the sole. Yeah they're probably not that bad it's just the office is super quiet and with only one other woman so the only noise people here is me clip clopping around:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Still worth calling in to the cobblers, just remembering I had boots with quite a soft sole and he applied a thin rubber layer to the sole and heel to make them stronger, as a side effect it also made them quieter! Maybe that would work for yours too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Yeah no harm in trying! Thanks a mill for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭mollymaloney

Don't even dream of doing anything about you noisy heels. Heels make a statement [devil wears prada etc] . I used to work in an office where nearly all the girls wore heels and the air was filled with ''clik-clak'' constantly. I don't think anyone paid too much attention to the sound [ i hate to call it noise ]. I know that in your working envoirnment it is different but personally I'd like to wear my heels uninhibited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

If you can fix it I'd go for it. Nothing more annoying than trying to concentrate on something and all you can hear is the echoing of a clack clack clack as someone approaches from ages away!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭PinkCat86

why do women get annoyed if I wear high heels? I always get comments like why do you wear shoes like that? Is it just sarcasm or plain rudeness :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 86Sarah

Cos wimminz is B A D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭PinkCat86

LOL true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Sure the clickity clack noise is good for attracting business? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement