Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please recommend a BB cream

• 06-02-2014 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'll be on maternity leave soon and probably won't have time/energy to do make up every day! But I'd like to keep a bit of a fresh face (and possibly hide tiredness!)

I was thinking of buying a BB cream? There are so many on the market, I don't have a clue which one to chose!

I am quite pale, oily skin on the foreheard with open pores (so I need something light that wouldn't clog pores) and dry skin around nose and chin.

Budget is 20 euros max.

What do you think of the one that can be bought in Boots, ie N7, Rimmel, Revlon, L'Oreal, etc... ?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

I use the Garnier for oily skin BB cream and find it really good. Much better coverage than the normal one. Around €13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

+1 for garnier oily skin one. Only thing is it slightly oxidises on the skin and runs a little dark even in the palest shade. I've a pale but kinda creamy skin time so I just about get away with it.
    Dr Jaart do lovely ones also. Think it's about 20-25€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I got the Mac prep n prime compact BB cream. It was the first BB I've tried.

My skin is exactly as you've described yours and I absolutely LOVE this BB cream. I'm not a huge fan of MAC bases but this I LOVE.

I can't remember exactly the cost as I bought it when I picked up a couple of other bits n bobs.

Also heard great things about the Maybelline and garnier BB creams!

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I have pale skin too (Mac NW15) & really like the Vichy BB Cream. I can't remember how much it cost (I think it was around the €20 mark), and the shade I use is Light. I usually reach for foundation before BB cream but the Vichy one is really lovely. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I love the garnier one the original one.

Also like the dermalogica tinted stuff.

I tried and hated the loreal one as try as I might i couldn never seen the stuff on my face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Love the NO7 BB cream. Feels nice and light and not to hard on the purse either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Skin79 is the best I've ever used, they're Asian BB Creams, the big bottles cost €12 including shipping off EBay and they're all I use!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Another vote for the Garnier BB cream, love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I'm in the same boat as the OP, baby on the way and want to look half presentable if I have visitors! Has anyone tried the La Roche Posay BB cream? It's quite new, I like their cleansers and moisturisers. I currently use the L'oreal one, but I find it to be more like a foundation than a BB cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Asian BB creams are a million times better than the majority on the market here IMO. I really like Missha Perfect Cover and Skin79 Gold. I've very pale skin and the Missha one is a better colour match (shade no. 13), but the Skin79 Gold is good too - both have great coverage. I have a serious amount of redness on my face and these cover it up really well for everyday wear. Both are available on ebay for less than a tenner incl. delivery.

Re: BB creams available in shops here, I like the Gosh one. Coverage isn't great but it's the best shade match I've found. It's a nice consistency too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

ncmc wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as the OP, baby on the way and want to look half presentable if I have visitors! Has anyone tried the La Roche Posay BB cream? It's quite new, I like their cleansers and moisturisers. I currently use the L'oreal one, but I find it to be more like a foundation than a BB cream.

I haven't tried roche posay BB but I tried their new CC cream and I have to say I was disappointed. At first the shade looks fine but within a half an hr it was much deeper and a bit orangey. Also there is a very strong smell off it which is unlike Roche Posay. Someone even commented that they thought I was wearing Sunflowers perfume by Elizabeth Arden, it's that pungent!
    The coverage is very good and quite matte which I don't like either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

For the skin 79, is there any particular seller on eBay you would recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

pampootie wrote: »
    For the skin 79, is there any particular seller on eBay you would recommend?

Personally, I've used ideaseller_kr for the past couple of years and have never had any problems!

I have comparison posts on the Skin79 bb creams, if you want the link dm me

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Thank you all! will check those out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

There is a fab cc cream in lidl at the moment I think its. 3.99 . Makes skin look really nice and healthy and very natural looking and at that price you can't go wrong. It is in a purple tube

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

There is a fab cc cream in lidl at the moment I think its. 3.99 . Makes skin look really nice and healthy and very. Natural looking maturatmaturnmattwmaturatmaturnmaturatmaturnmattwmattpatmattmamaturatmat

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

I bought the oil of olay bb cream today to see what it's like...i'll post a review later in the week

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I use the Mac one, love it! Just repurchased a second time. They do Extra Light which us good for pale gals. The Light Garnier BB was still far too dark for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

I bought the No 17 one and I must say I really like it! I took the fairest shade for oily/combination skin. I tried the Garnier one but same as Twee, it looked too dark for me :-) Thanks again for the recommendations!

Advertisement