Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Craft Beer Walking Tour

Options
  • 06-02-2014 12:26pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm not connected to this and know nothing about it beyond what's in the link, but I thought some people here might be interested:

A walking tour of Dublin craft beer pubs, every Monday. Free, but you pay for your own beer. Link.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Any idea where they went can't seem to find anything there other than that they started at the Ambassador!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I don't think the first one has happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

BeerNut wrote: »
    I don't think the first one has happened yet.

Link says there was one on the 3rd. Looks like some good reports on their Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

jimmii wrote: »
    Link says there was one on the 3rd. Looks like some good reports on their Facebook page.

I see one report?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Starting at the Ambassador, the first stop could be anywhere from The Black Sheep to The Brew Dock.

Other Northside craft beer emporiums are The Beer House, Capel St. The Living Room did at least one Brew Dog beer last time I was in, but that hardly qualifies it as a "Craft Beer Pub" (Czech and Polish lagers can't be considered "craft beer" just because they aren't the usual lagers).

There are two ways to go then, down O'Connell St, divert around to Brew Dock, then over to Messrs, Cassidy's next around to Dame Street and divert into Temple Bar for Farrington's then back out to Christchurch for the Bull & Castle.

Or, Black Sheep, down Capel St and cross the river, Merchant's Arch, Farrington's, B&C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Bit of a strange starting point. is it a money making thing in the hope for tips or do they get paid in pints from the pubs i wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

So, they do 4 different pubs each week, depending on what's pouring

Advertisement