Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler

Options
  • 06-02-2014 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hello,

I am just wondering about getting a New Gas Boiler installed into my house, could you please provide me with a quotation.

Also a quotation for a 3 bed room house Attic Insulation

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Niamh,

Thank you for your interest. The cost depends on various factors, so it would be best for our Home Services department to speak with you. If you private message us your telephone number, we will organise a callback from them to you ASAP.

Also, some general info regarding boiler replacement (with our Quick Quote facility) is here on the home Energy Services section of our website.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

Hi Niamh,

Thank you for your interest. The cost depends on various factors, so it would be best for our Home Services department to speak with you. If you private message us your telephone number, we will organise a callback from them to you ASAP.

Also, some general info regarding boiler replacement (with our Quick Quote facility) is here on the home Energy Services section of our website.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Hi Thank you Una for getting back to me i Rang the Home Services Department, so i have an someone calling out,

do i need to get a Digital Controller unit in to get the Grant. if i was to go and get the Boiler Replaced 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Niamh,

No problem. I just checked that with Home Services for you and they confirmed yes, the digital controls would be mandatory for qualifying for the grant.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

EI: Una wrote: »
    Hi Niamh,

No problem. I just checked that with Home Services for you and they confirmed yes, the digital controls would be mandatory for qualifying for the grant.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Hi did you get the new boiler and did you get the grant.  I need a new gas boiler (25year) old boiler needs replacing.  Was told if i changed over to electric ireland i would get a big grant but if i am getting the seai one for 700euro  I am doubthful.  I would have to pay out €2600 first and then claim the grants. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi microtoyota,

Thanks for your interest.

Our dedicated Home Services team are the people to put such a query to - their telephone lines are open until 6pm Monday to Friday, and their contact number is 1850 30 50 85.

There is also an updated Home Energy Services page in relation to gas boiler upgrading on the Electric Ireland website.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Nassau

Hi Electric Ireland

Do you have to pay the 2.5-3K up front for a new boiler or can it be paid any other way.  Our boiler went kaput, it's freezing and we don't have a lump sum of 3K to hand over.

Your website says "[font=Arial, 'Arial Narrow', sans-serif]At Electric Ireland, we understand that replacing a boiler can be expensive, so that's why we've created a Gas Boiler Replacement Package".  So is there a finance package with this?[/font]

Hi Nassau,

Thank you for getting in touch - this link provides details on that bundle, and our dedicated Home Services team can advise in further detail, on 1850 30 50 85.

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland,
    Una

Hi Una

Thanks for the link but it doesn't say anything about financing the replacement and when you call Electric Ireland they say you have to pay up-front.

Hi again Nassau,

Sorry about that. Thanks for clarifying.

Electric Ireland does not offer financing on the boiler replacement - it might be worth contacting the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) in this regard.

Una

________

Thanks Una

SEAI Grant €700.00 according to website - still a long way off the full amount.

Looks like we'll be freezing for a while longer then (and paying more to ye for using electric blow heaters to heat up the rooms).

Ah well, pneumonia here we come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

My gas boiler is coming in and out. It will work only sometimes so you can't trust it. Is there a grant for replacing it. It is a potterton neta about 25 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi micratoyota,

Thanks for your message.

Customers can apply for a gas boiler replacement with Electric Ireland, and this is covered under the SEAI Better Energy Homes grant (if your home was built before 2006, and you have not previously claimed this grant).

More information on the gas boiler replacement can be found online here.

If you would like to discuss this further, we recommend calling the Electric Ireland Home Services team, as they would be in the best position to assist you. They can be called on 1850 372 333, from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions regarding Electric Ireland, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

Advertisement