Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorde Monto

Options
  • 06-02-2014 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone been? Near Faro in Portugal, looks like a nice spot, thinking of going over Easter, 12-19 April

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Thinking of going over myself. I hear it can get absolutely jammer around easter time though...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Got a great quote for it, €240 for half board, with flights, pool and bike hire its about €700

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Easter time is a busy time for sure with alot of athletics clubs from across Europe descending on it.

In terms of facilities perfect for athletes/Triathletes with an extensive network of trails (think we normally could get atleast 15 miles continuous without looping back ourselves). In terms of pools the hotel pools for the most part are pretty poor in size (with the exception of the Dunamar) but you are the sea for that.

Access to the track, HP Gym and indoor facilities is a PAYG but you can buy week pass working out about 3-4e a day so not bad at all. there is also a physio on site (not sure what they are like but a few of the group I went with attended and had no complaints)

The town itself is great training atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Cheers Ecoli,
    According to the travel agent "50mt swimming pool, in Vila Real de Santo António, near the Sports Centre, about 3 km from Monte Gordo", €12.50 for the hour and available for four of the seven mornings at 8am, ideal.

Whats the cycling like there?

Also we're looking to boost numbers so if anyone is interested drop me a PM, hope to book early next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Green&Red wrote: »
    Cheers Ecoli,
    According to the travel agent "50mt swimming pool, in Vila Real de Santo António, near the Sports Centre, about 3 km from Monte Gordo", €12.50 for the hour and available for four of the seven mornings at 8am, ideal.

Whats the cycling like there?

Also we're looking to boost numbers so if anyone is interested drop me a PM, hope to book early next week

That must be right beside the track to the best of my knowledge so (strictly a runner so didn't look into this aspect)

Cycle lanes are generally of good quality in the area though a word of warning a number of rental bikes stolen over the years in our groups so just be careful where you lock them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement