Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kent Station parking

Options
  • 06-02-2014 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

FAO regular train users

For catching a 7am train, where would be the best place to park Saturday morning 6.30am until Sunday mid morning?

There is a car park at the station which is €8 per day but I can't see if it is open Sunday to get a car out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

kcb wrote: »
    FAO regular train users

For catching a 7am train, where would be the best place to park Saturday morning 6.30am until Sunday mid morning?

There is a car park at the station which is €8 per day but I can't see if it is open Sunday to get a car out!

Has to be open on a Sunday. The main car park park anyway. Not certain about the overflow one round the back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

I used the over flow 3 weeks ago as the front one was full around 11am. It should be open sunday but no exit from midnight to 6am. Not sure if you can park for more than 24 hours and btw ticket machine only takes coins 9 euro or 8 by txt

vince wrote: »
    I used the over flow 3 weeks ago as the front one was full around 11am. It should be open sunday but no exit from midnight to 6am. Not sure if you can park for more than 24 hours and btw ticket machine only takes coins 9 euro or 8 by txt

That last point is good info. The machines used to take credit cards but as said above just coins now. However the pre booked parking system online is pretty handy I must say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Cheers lads.

Yes, Sunday doesnt seem to be a problem. Still not sure if pre-booking whether a 6.30am Sat to 10am Sun park is regarded as a "day" (€8).

Cheers lads.

Yes, Sunday doesnt seem to be a problem. Still not sure if pre-booking whether a 6.30am Sat to 10am Sun park is regarded as a "day" (€8).

I reckon you'll get stung for two days there.

I just checked some previous notifications when I parked by text and its 24 hrs. So its 06.30 on day you park to 06.30 the next day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

There is a carpark on penrose quay 8euro for a day maybe you could ask for 48 hours worth there. Realy supprised the railway dosent offer multipal days of parking. Could enquire at station I suppose. You could end up clamped if your ticket ran out after 6.30 am sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Read on another thread somewhere that q-park is offering 25% off parking this weekend. Think there is one on carrolls quay near the station. You could check that out

sorry just checked, its not open til 7am so no good to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Cheers all.

Got onto the Parkbytext gang and it's possible to do one day and then a seperate 4 hrs!

Another option, which I might just do, is park on the street and use Parkmagic app to keep the "disc" updated. A little more hassle but seems the cheapest!

Cheers all.

Got onto the Parkbytext gang and it's possible to do one day and then a seperate 4 hrs!

Another option, which I might just do, is park on the street and use Parkmagic app to keep the "disc" updated. A little more hassle but seems the cheapest!

you could park up on sydney park just off wellington road. no disc required at weekend. only 5-10 min walk

• Advertisement
Advertisement