Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation order not found

Options
  • 06-02-2014 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I signed up for Eircom e-fibre and e-vision for my home last week and was told a technician would be in contact on the 5th of February to confirm the installation on the 6th.

I have not yet heard from tthe technician, so I rang 1901 and was told that despite arranging everything and signing onto an 18 month contract that they had no indication of my order on the account and that I would now have to wait 2 to 10 working days before escalations would contact me.

I'm working in a store in Cork that was hit hard by the storms, and I'm not exactly in a position to take random days off because a technician can't be bothered to call or text me about this.
    At the very least they could have said they would not make it.

Is there anything that can be done to be contacted sooner?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Hi there,

I signed up for Eircom e-fibre and e-vision for my home last week and was told a technician would be in contact on the 5th of February to confirm the installation on the 6th.

I have not yet heard from tthe technician, so I rang 1901 and was told that despite arranging everything and signing onto an 18 month contract that they had no indication of my order on the account and that I would now have to wait 2 to 10 working days before escalations would contact me.

I'm working in a store in Cork that was hit hard by the storms, and I'm not exactly in a position to take random days off because a technician can't be bothered to call or text me about this.
    At the very least they could have said they would not make it.

Is there anything that can be done to be contacted sooner?
    Hi Sonics2k

I'm sorry to hear this, I can understand the level of dissappointment this can create and inconvenience this can cause. If you would like to PM me your account/order details I will double check this for you.

Many thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Hi Sonics2k

I'm sorry to hear this, I can understand the level of dissappointment this can create and inconvenience this can cause. If you would like to PM me your account/order details I will double check this for you.

Many thanks
    Al

PM sent.

Hi Sonics2k

Many thanks
    Al

PM sent.
    Hi Sonics2k

Thanks for the details, I will request clarification on this from efibre planning and as soon as I have an update I'll let you know right away.

Thanks

Al

Hi Sonics2k

Thanks for the details, I will request clarification on this from efibre planning and as soon as I have an update I'll let you know right away.

Thanks

Al

Hi Alan,

I received a message this morning to let me know the installation will be done tomorrow, but as I wasn't contacted in advance I'm not going to be there for it.

I've tried calling 1901 and speaking to care, but its apparently down for maintenance and redirects me to Meteor customer care.

Hi Sonics2k

Thanks

Al

Hi Alan,

I received a message this morning to let me know the installation will be done tomorrow, but as I wasn't contacted in advance I'm not going to be there for it.

I've tried calling 1901 and speaking to care, but its apparently down for maintenance and redirects me to Meteor customer care.
    Hi Sonics2k

If you cannot be there for the appointment you will need to contact the efibre team on free phone 1800503303 to re-schedule an appointment.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 KORKYKAT

Hi,
    I have been reading your posts with gr8 intrest and have now decided to warn you that disappointment is only around the corner with these people.

I ordered e-visioning early December and have had nothing but untruths incompentance and contempt from Eircom's so called customer service team . They create the illusion that there are separate and dedicated divisions within the company to deal with e-fibre e-vision and e- mobile etc etc nothing could be further from the truth. They all live in Telepone house in Marlbourough street.

All you get is non informed personal who in fairness to them sing of a well rehearsed hum sheet.

Do yourself a favour and stay well away from Eircom when it comes to TV as this system is only in its infancy as I have found to my great regret

Regards

Korkykat

KORKYKAT wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have been reading your posts with gr8 intrest and have now decided to warn you that disappointment is only around the corner with these people.

I ordered e-visioning early December and have had nothing but untruths incompentance and contempt from Eircom's so called customer service team . They create the illusion that there are separate and dedicated divisions within the company to deal with e-fibre e-vision and e- mobile etc etc nothing could be further from the truth. They all live in Telepone house in Marlbourough street.

All you get is non informed personal who in fairness to them sing of a well rehearsed hum sheet.

Do yourself a favour and stay well away from Eircom when it comes to TV as this system is only in its infancy as I have found to my great regret

Regards

Korkykat
    Hi KORKYKAT

I'm genuinely sorry to hear of your negative experience, if there is anything I can help with please PM me the details.

Thanks

Al

Hi Sonics2k

If you cannot be there for the appointment you will need to contact the efibre team on free phone 1800503303 to re-schedule an appointment.

Thanks

Al

Hi Al.

I recently contacted Eircom about it and arranged installation for the 19th instead. Can you please confirm this for me.
    A technician has arrived to activate the line previously.

He also informed me there was no way I could have been quoted a speed on my line because it was not active. Can you please check this for me

Hi Sonics2k

Thanks

Al

Hi Al.

I recently contacted Eircom about it and arranged installation for the 19th instead. Can you please confirm this for me.
    A technician has arrived to activate the line previously.

He also informed me there was no way I could have been quoted a speed on my line because it was not active. Can you please check this for me

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Sonics2k

Yes I can see that an appointment has been rescheduled to the 19th.

It is only possible to offer you an indication of what speeds to expect, I can see from tests done on your line that your line may be capable of holding up to 70MB speeds. The term 'up to' is used as speeds can vary from time to time.

Thanks

Al[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

Advertisement