Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband issue!!!!

Options
  • 06-02-2014 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

I placed an order with eircom on 21st January for the basic phone & broadband package. Upon placing the order with the salesperson I was told that my number would be X. The phone line was installed on 24th January and when I went to make a call, the number didn't match the number I was given in the first place. I thought grand, maybe it will be switched over to the original number in a couple of days. Called eircom a couple of days later to inform them that my original number was still not set up on the phone line installed. No big issue as I was still able to make calls using the incorrect number. Received my router last monday and this is where the issue becomes a problem. Obviously my broadband is enabled on the original number that I was given when the account was set up so when I connect the router to the phone line (which is still using the incorrect number) there is no broadband coming through. Have tried calling eircom the last 3 mornings to highlight the issue and keep getting the same response - they acknowledge there is an issue with my account, they will highlight to their supervisor and I will get a call resolving the issue by the end of the day. However, have yet to recieve a call back.

Any suggestions on how I can get this chased up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I placed an order with eircom on 21st January for the basic phone & broadband package. Upon placing the order with the salesperson I was told that my number would be X. The phone line was installed on 24th January and when I went to make a call, the number didn't match the number I was given in the first place. I thought grand, maybe it will be switched over to the original number in a couple of days. Called eircom a couple of days later to inform them that my original number was still not set up on the phone line installed. No big issue as I was still able to make calls using the incorrect number. Received my router last monday and this is where the issue becomes a problem. Obviously my broadband is enabled on the original number that I was given when the account was set up so when I connect the router to the phone line (which is still using the incorrect number) there is no broadband coming through. Have tried calling eircom the last 3 mornings to highlight the issue and keep getting the same response - they acknowledge there is an issue with my account, they will highlight to their supervisor and I will get a call resolving the issue by the end of the day. However, have yet to recieve a call back.

Hi HcksawJimDuggan

I'm sorry to hear of this and the difficulties you have had in getting this resolved. I you would like to PM me any account details and the phone numbers in question I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

Hi HcksawJimDuggan

I'm sorry to hear of this and the difficulties you have had in getting this resolved. I you would like to PM me any account details and the phone numbers in question I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks

Al
    Alan,

Any chance of a response to the PM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi HcksawJimDuggan

Thanks

Al
    Alan,

Any chance of a response to the PM?
    Hi HcksawJimDuggan

Thanks for taking my call, I'll need to look in to this further and get bcak to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement