Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ocean Fm

Options
  • 06-02-2014 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Remember how much they criticized North west radio ? Now they have more country music in the evening than north west radio ever had !

Comments

It's awful ,I have never heard such inarticulacy anywhere else, although I do listen to BBC Radio a lot so I am spoiled.I suppose its a local station for local people but I can't stand that sort of stuff, I like to know whats going on in the rest of the world.Thank goodness for BBC radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

woeful stuff but the late night music is good and some daycent tuunnnneeesss sat night.
    it's local radio with an older demographic so i guess them's the breaks
    outdoor pursuits show is good

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

I'm only a young one and I much prefer some of the shows to our national stations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

promethius wrote: »
    woeful stuff but the late night music is good and some daycent tuunnnneeesss sat night.
    it's local radio with an older demographic so i guess them's the breaks
    outdoor pursuits show is good

I never listen to Ocean Fm, but is the outdoor pursuits show relating to pursuits in the locality? I might tune into that, when's it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

Thursdays afaik!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Lazy Afternoon (Francie Boylan) show is usually very good and not like anything they had on NWR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Ocean, in fairness, is as good as any regional radio station. It all boils down to what gets the listener figures up in order to attract advertisement revenue. They'll never totally satisfy us all, but God forbid we'd ever revert back to Nwr.
    That was facepalm stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

thebuzz wrote: »
    Lazy Afternoon (Francie Boylan) show is usually very good and not like anything they had on NWR.

It's not the best to be honest, I am sure he's a sound guy but he tries too hard to be funny sometimes, that show has not been the same since David Murtagh left it some time back, he was the real anchor man, I wonder what ever happened to him? seems he just disappeared off the face of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You lot are complaining about Ocean Fm. Thank ye're lucky stars ye don't have to listen to the rubbish that is Mid-West Radio:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    It's not the best to be honest, I am sure he's a sound guy but he tries too hard to be funny sometimes, that show has not been the same since David Murtagh left it some time back, he was the real anchor man, I wonder what ever happened to him? seems he just disappeared off the face of the earth.
    He's back, just not on as often. Don't see how you could say he's the anchor man, he comes across as not the sharpest knife in the drawer and just there as a joke factor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

He's back, just not on as often. Don't see how you could say he's the anchor man, he comes across as not the sharpest knife in the drawer and just there as a joke factor.

Exactly, and that's why he is so well liked, the ratings for that programme jumped not long after he started, the programme even won an award!! I have a feeling the Francie Boylin knew that as well and seen Murtagh as somebody who had stole his thunder!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dr Golden

Its a piss poor rip off bogger version of Ray Foley, Kc etc, as for Francis boylan, there is a reason he got fired from the den after 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

francie's a good skin alright. he used present the den on rte years back

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    Exactly, and that's why he is so well liked, the ratings for that programme jumped not long after he started, the programme even won an award!! I have a feeling the Francie Boylin knew that as well and seen Murtagh as somebody who had stole his thunder!! :eek:
    Francie and David get on very well, it was Francie who got him back on the show. <snip>

Advertisement