Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone cable splicing buttons?

Options
  • 06-02-2014 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to get something like the below (on Amazon) here in Ireland? :-

tuzlNeY.jpg

Preferably a shop in Dublin City or southside or Bray.

Thanks.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

Yea any good electrical wholesalerd will stock them. Usually called U Y connectors or gel crimps

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

I was in radionics yesterday and they had them. Otherwise pm me your address and I'll pop a handful in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks very much Radionics looks easy enough to get to from here and looks like the kind of place i'd like to poke about anyhow, thanks!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Don't expect to see much.Its essentially a showroom of catalogues.You pick what you want from the catalogue and they go get it for you,a bit like Argos only with no stuff on display:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

superg wrote: »
    Don't expect to see much.Its essentially a showroom of catalogues.You pick what you want from the catalogue and they go get it for you,a bit like Argos only with no stuff on display:D

2 things to watch out for with Radionics. The first is that they now have a minimum order of €15, which can be a pain if you only need a few small items, and the other is that the actual stock in Ireland is now considerably lower than it used to be, so you will get a lot of "available for dispatch within 24 hours", which means that it's not in Ireland, and will have to come over from the UK overnight, which is a pain if you are at the trade counter.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks, i only want 4 of the things (one cable to splice together), maybe 6 in case i mess up a couple, perhaps i should take up E.Fudd on his kind offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Supercell wrote: »
    Thanks, i only want 4 of the things (one cable to splice together), maybe 6 in case i mess up a couple, perhaps i should take up E.Fudd on his kind offer.

Honestly it's no hassle, I can pop them in the post on Monday no hassle at all.
    Not worth having to spend €15 in radionics just to get half dozen uys or ulgs (that's what they're actually called)

Advertisement