Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is best to get BD-R / DVD+R

Options
  • 06-02-2014 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering where is best to get blank media, going to put all the home movies on disc, looking for Verbatim BD-R & DVD+R disc's , anywhere you would recommend?. ive been looking around but prices vary a lot!. where do you use?

Comments

Verbatim DVD+Rs are reasonably cheap on Amazon, £18 for a 100 spindle.

BD-Rs I usually get from Japan ebay sellers, its one of the cheapest ways of getting good MIJ discs.

Verbatim BD-R are LTH which is junk, they don't burn well and don't last long.

You want HTL Bluray media, they burn better and will last much longer than LTH. Panasonic are the best. Sony are good, Taiyo Yuden have some good BD50s (but avoid their BD25s).

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Thank's for the reply, I ended up getting the verbatim DV+R's from amazon which id spotted before, as for the blu rays i had never thought about panasonic until you recommend them, had a look around and ended up getting http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004E1TFN4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which seem to get good reviews. thanks for the help, mick ;)

Advertisement