Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lied to about e fibree fibre

Options
  • 06-02-2014 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

i was told when i agreed to a new 12 month contract that we would get upgraded to e fibre before february and we would be guaranteed 7mb internet but we still only have our 1mb (which we only get about .7mb) and when i live chat on the eircom site im told that our line is not getting upgraded in the foreseeable future. also our house phone has been broken for about 3 weeks. the only reason i signed up to the new contract is he said we would get a free upgrade when line was upgraded before february. so i was lied to when i agreed to the contract.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

Conchurl wrote: »
    i was told when i agreed to a new 12 month contract that we would get upgraded to e fibre before february and we would be guaranteed 7mb internet but we still only have our 1mb (which we only get about .7mb) and when i live chat on the eircom site im told that our line is not getting upgraded in the foreseeable future. also our house phone has been broken for about 3 weeks. the only reason i signed up to the new contract is he said we would get a free upgrade when line was upgraded before february. so i was lied to when i agreed to the contract.

Well anybody from eircom want to answer me?

Well?

Well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Conchurl
    Apologies for delay in responding here, can you PM me your line number and we can have this checked out. We should be able to advise on both issues.
    Tony

our phone was fixed after about a month which was last saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

our phone was fixed after about a month which was last saturday.
    Hi Conchurl
    yes I can see it did take a while to get this resolved, I am afraid your own area is one of those hit hard by high numbers of faults due to recent weather.. The repairs should have resolved this. I can also see that there was some testing to connection to modem. I can see what is the best speeds available to you.
    Tony

Hi Conchurl
    yes I can see it did take a while to get this resolved, I am afraid your own area is one of those hit hard by high numbers of faults due to recent weather.. The repairs should have resolved this. I can also see that there was some testing to connection to modem. I can see what is the best speeds available to you.
    Tony
    I was told on live chat a few weeks ago that our line can handle 4mb. But the problem I have is when we were offered the new contract I was told we would have a minimum of 7mb before February. Also I was told if we wanted to move from our 1mb up to 4mb package we would have to pay extra. But I was told we would get a free upgrade to a minimum of 7mb before February

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Conchurl
    Tony
    I was told on live chat a few weeks ago that our line can handle 4mb. But the problem I have is when we were offered  the new contract I was told we would have a minimum of 7mb before February. Also I was told if we wanted to move from our 1mb up to  4mb package we would have to pay extra. But I was told we would get a free upgrade to a minimum of 7mb before February
    HI Conchurl

I understand what you mean, can you PM me your account number and I'll check for any planned possible upgrades for your line/area?

Al

Hi Conchurl
    Tony
    I was told on live chat a few weeks ago that our line can handle 4mb. But the problem I have is when we were offered  the new contract I was told we would have a minimum of 7mb before February. Also I was told if we wanted to move from our 1mb up to  4mb package we would have to pay extra. But I was told we would get a free upgrade to a minimum of 7mb before February
    HI Conchurl

I understand what you mean, can you PM me your account number and I'll check for any planned possible upgrades for your line/area?

Al
    i just sent you the om with account number

Hi Conchurl
    Tony
    HI Conchurl

Al
    i just sent you the om with account number
    Hi Conchurl

I have yet to receive you PM, are you sure it sent earlier?

Al

• Advertisement

have you got a chance to see when we are getting e fibre?

have you got a chance to see when we are getting e fibre?

any update?

any update?
    Hi Conchurl

I'm still awaiting information on efibre for your area, I hope to have more information tomorrow morning and I will be straight back to you here.

Thanks

Al

Hi Conchurl

I've finally had confirmation from the efibre roll out department and efibre operations that at this moment in time there is yet to be an established date for the launch of efibre to customers served by the BallyMakeera exchange.

I'm very sorry to say that I can confirm that there are no plans made to bring efibre to your area at present however efibre operations did advise me to ask you to get back to me in September when more plans will be released and hopefully I will have better news for you then.

I have also looked further in to the possibility of improving your current speeds.

I am also very sorry to confirm that due to your lines distance from the exchange the maximum speed your line can possibly hold is up to 2 or possibly up to 3MB). Distance from the exchange always contributes to speeds and I'm afraid there are no possible improvements that can help prevent this.

At present your exchange is not upgraded to NGB (next generation broadband) NGB offers a basic speed of up to 8mb compared to regular broadband offered over three platforms - 1MB 3MB & 7MB.
    At present you have 1MB. From the tests I've run I can see that an upgrade to 3MB is available to you however I'm unaware of prices. If you are interested in upgrading I highly recommend calling sales on 1800503303 to discuss your options.

I'm very aware you stated that you were advised efibre will be available however under the terms and conditions accepted there is no mention of a guaranteed upgrade to efibre. Should you wish to bring this further and make a complaint about what you were advised please contact eircom complaints on free phone 1800200481.

I do hope this information helps

Thanks

Al

Do have to honor the contract as when they rang offering me the new contract they said we would get a free upgrade to efibre before February and now I'm being told there is no plan to get it to my area and to get back to them in September.

Hi Conchurl

I've finally had confirmation from the efibre roll out department and efibre operations that at this moment in time there is yet to be an established date for the launch of efibre to customers served by the BallyMakeera exchange.

I'm very sorry to say that I can confirm that there are no plans made to bring efibre to your area at present however efibre operations did advise me to ask you to get back to me in September when more plans will be released and hopefully I will have better news for you then.

I have also looked further in to the possibility of improving your current speeds.

I am also very sorry to confirm that due to your lines distance from the exchange the maximum speed your line can possibly hold is up to 2 or possibly up to 3MB). Distance from the exchange always contributes to speeds and I'm afraid there are no possible improvements that can help prevent this.

At present your exchange is not upgraded to NGB (next generation broadband) NGB offers a basic speed of up to 8mb compared to regular broadband offered over three platforms - 1MB 3MB & 7MB.
    At present you have 1MB. From the tests I've run I can see that an upgrade to 3MB is available to you however I'm unaware of prices. If you are interested in upgrading I highly recommend calling sales on 1800503303 to discuss your options.

I'm very aware you stated that you were advised efibre will be available however under the terms and conditions accepted there is no mention of a guaranteed upgrade to efibre. Should you wish to bring this further and make a complaint about what you were advised please contact eircom complaints on free phone 1800200481.

Thanks

Al

Do have to honor the contract as when they rang offering me the new contract they said we would get a free upgrade to efibre before February and now I'm being told there is no plan to get it to my area and to get back to them in September.
    well?

Hi Conchurl

Thanks

Al

well?

Hi Conchurl

In the PM you have included in your post above I had advised "Should you wish to bring this further and make a complaint about what you were advised please contact eircom complaints on free phone 1800200481".

This position remains and as efibre is not a guarantee and was not in the terms and conditions of service there is nothing further I can contribute to this.

Thanks
    Al

any update when we will be getting the minimum of 7mb we were told we would have in feburary?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

any update when we will be getting the minimum of 7mb we were told we would have in feburary?
    Look, Eircom sales reps are out for themselves... they'll tell you anything to get you to sign up... it's the same with the vast majority of sales people... the reality is they don't know when / if you'll get fibre broadband or line upgrades but some vague, smoothly-worded statement might close the sale...

Unless you have proof you were told you'd be getting 7mb minimum by February, you have zero case and there's nothing the guys here can do about it. All you can do is write a formal complaint and hope that someone at Eircom does something for you as a gesture of goodwill.

Hi Conchurl

As I have previously advised in the PM which you had included in your post number 16 -  the max your line can hold is up to 3MB. There will be no improvements on this due to your lines distance from the exchange.

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement