Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Premier

Options
  • 06-02-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

I just received an SMS from BOI welcoming me to BOI Premier. I also received info in the post a week or two ago, telling me the same.
    • Is this going to cost me?
    • What is it?
    • How is this different from normal Banking365?

When I say what is it. I don'pt need the marketing spin. Is this just a new name for BOI current accounts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

RangeR wrote: »
    I just received an SMS from BOI welcoming me to BOI Premier. I also received info in the post a week or two ago, telling me the same.
    • Is this going to cost me?
    • What is it?
    • How is this different from normal Banking365?

[*]

When I say what is it. I don'pt need the marketing spin. Is this just a new name for BOI current accounts?
    [*]
    Hi RangeR,

Thank you for contacting us through Boards.ie.

Can you send us a PM with your branch name and phone number.  We will be happy to arrange for a representative from our Premier Banking team to call you to discuss this.

Many thanks

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Nah, yer ok. It was just a general question. I don't really want to discuss this with them [sales, I reckon]. I'll just ignore the SMS as I did the posted "welcome pack".

RangeR wrote: »
    Nah, yer ok. It was just a general question. I don't really want to discuss this with them [sales, I reckon]. I'll just ignore the SMS as I did the posted "welcome pack".
    Hi RangeR,

Ok thats no problem we understand you don't want a phone call.  If you do wish for more information you can find it here.

Many thanks

Seán 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

With the greatest of respect, that link doesn't tell me what Permier Banking is. I had already checked that briefly before posting.

It says
    What is Premier Banking?

Premier Banking is designed to make banking more convenient, supportive and rewarding with a team of experienced Relationship Advisors available to you 24/7.

I'll be honest, it seems like it's absolutely nothing new other than the current marketing drive. Seems like a lot of money is being spent hyping it up but not actually saying what it is. Your marketing guys need a lesson in marketing.

I can only imaging it's to do with my Pension as I had to dig down to find this
    Service the way you want it

As a Premier Banking customer, our dedicated Premier Banking Team is here to assist you in managing your ongoing banking requirements, advising on your financial needs, as well as ensuring you have access to our Premier Banking Wealth Management Services when required.

The Premier Banking Team is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  In addition, the Team will ensure that your queries will be turned around quickly (within 24 hours where possible).

The Premier Banking Team can handle your queries over the phone on 1890 365 121 or if you prefer, they can set up a meeting with a Premier Relationship Advisor in a branch close to you. If it does not suit you to visit a branch, the Premier Relationship Advisor can meet you at a time and location that suits you

Hi RangeR,

There is key information included in both your welcome pack and the Bank of Ireland website.  The Premier Banking service is only offered to customers who meet certain criteria.  But at a very high level one key benefit of Premier Banking is that you have access to a BOI representative over the phone 24/7.  

Again we would love the opportunity to get our colleagues from the Premier team to give you a ring to discuss this further, if you change your mind just send us a PM.

Many thanks

Seán 

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Hi RangeR,

There is key information included in both your welcome pack and the Bank of Ireland website.  The Premier Banking service is only offered to customers who meet certain criteria.  But at a very high level one key benefit of Premier Banking is that you have access to a BOI representative over the phone 24/7.  

Again we would love the opportunity to get our colleagues from the Premier team to give you a ring to discuss this further, if you change your mind just send us a PM.

Many thanks

Seán 
    I got info on this too which I had ignored until they sent me a new debt card (unasked for).

I thought that Banks couldn't change the terms of your bank accounts unless expressly set out in the original contract i.e. changes to fees and internet banking.

I also got a big whack of a bill of fees in or around the same time.

So is premier banking:
    a) cheaper;
    b) more expensive; or
    c) the exact same as before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi johnnyskeleton,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

Your account will be updated to a Premier account when you meet certain criteria and there are no changes to your fee structure. You mention you have received a new debit card, this would be a Premier customer debit card and there's no charge for receiving this card. 

You can find the benefits of our Premier Banking service here such as Qualified Advisors available to you 24 hours a day who are available to assist you in your banking requirements. You can also speak with a dedicated Premier Advisor in your branch. 

I hope this clarifies this for you and please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement