Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch - Amazon Studios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Still haven't seen the first season! :o

Been watching Blue Bloods lately (great show IMO), Donnie Wahlberg's character reminds me a lot of Harry Bosch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Still haven't seen the first season! :o

Been watching Blue Bloods lately (great show IMO), Donnie Wahlberg's character reminds me a lot of Harry Bosch.

I've been watching Blue Bloods since the start. I am on the most up to date show atm. Starting to get pretty bored of it by now though.

Bosch is just brilliant! I think a re-watch is in order before the new season starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is this from the book the overlook?

Also Titus Welliver is exactly how I expect Bosch to look and sound!

The main story line is from Trunk Music but I think each season is supposed to be a mix of at least two books.

Season 2 is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Will watch it but I found season 1 a little underwhelming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

adox wrote: »
    Will watch it but I found season 1 a little underwhelming.

This. I felt some of it was very cheaply done. Perhaps a bigger budget for this one. I'm still looking forward to this though.

watched the first episode and some of the second. it's better than the first year so far. the main case is much more interesting. and no sign of that annoying love interest character from last year - hopefully she won't turn up!

glasso wrote: »
    watched the first episode and some of the second. it's better than the first year so far. the main case is much more interesting. and no sign of that annoying love interest character from last year - hopefully she won't turn up!

and also has Jeri Ryan in it (7 of 9 from Startrek Next Gen back in the day) who is a right milf at this point.

tumblr_nt46ur8qwF1qa3allo1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

I have some bad news.

• Advertisement

I have some bad news.

the ginger freckle-fest comes back? - oh no...

the ginger freckle-fest comes back? - oh no...

Up to episode 5
    she is an irrelevance so far, only briefly in it, but if anything she is more annoying now than she was last series

Really enjoyed this season and it was a step up from the first.

theteal wrote: »
    This. I felt some of it was very cheaply done. Perhaps a bigger budget for this one. I'm still looking forward to this though.

don't think that it was down to the budget really. The serial-killer story was just poorly done, long-drawn out (how many times did they go back to the initial suspect's house) and frankly boring. (coupled with the annoying rookie ginger girlfriend of course).

finished season 2 - 10 episodes of 45 minutes each doesn't take too long.
    found it a lot better than season 1 - although maybe a lot of things tied together a bit too neatly near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Up to episode 9 of series 2 so far, really enjoying it. Was tempted to bypass after s1 but glad I didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Loved this season. All of it. The ex gf wasn't in it at all really, which was kinda nice. Never liked that angle at all in S1.
    The partner (Marlo Stansfield from the wire) is such a good actor. He's got the midas touch. Solid storyline throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭moby2101

Really great TV, just finished Season two...plenty of material there for another couple of seasons
    I read Connellys books years ago....for anyone interested in crime writers he's one of the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Watched S01E01 last night.
    Have to say I thought the dialogue was terrible. in general, it feels really clichéd.
    My missus thought it was good, so we'll probably stay watching for a couple more episodes to see if it picks up.

Watched S01E01 last night.
    Have to say I thought the dialogue was terrible. in general, it feels really clichéd.
    My missus thought it was good, so we'll probably stay watching for a couple more episodes to see if it picks up.

tbh skip to season 2. you won't miss anything significant. season 2 is a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I would recommend sticking with it rather than jumping to season 2. There's little details that you'll miss out on, case details, backstory etc and if by half waythrough the first one you still dont like it, then you wont really like the second one.

I would recommend sticking with it rather than jumping to season 2. There's little details that you'll miss out on, case details, backstory etc and if by half waythrough the first one you still dont like it, then you wont really like the second one.

I disagree. you're much more likely imo to like the second season, even if you don't like the first one.
    Yes there is some backstory but you could read up on that on the web if you want and I don't think that it's all that important as one might think.
    I'd say then as a compromise - try the first season but if they don't like it at all then try the second season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭moby2101

Defo watch season 1, season 2 is better but all the backstory is there in 1...if it follows the story arc from the novels I read years ago you'll have a better 'read' of the characters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

It has just been renewed for a third season.

Finally finished this today, enjoyed the series but I thought it fizzled out, and seemed very hurried at the end after lots of build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

its back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭irishchris

its back

I think you will find its not.. Why state something like that??
    Bosch season three expected march-may 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Amazon has renewed for season 4

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Amazon has renewed for season 4

Saw that earlier. Still not available on Amazon Ireland?

• Advertisement

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Saw that earlier. Still not available on Amazon Ireland?

Amazon video is only available in 4/5 regions around the world and it's highly doubtful it will every expand past those.

Advertisement