Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kobo won't accept EPUB or PDF

Options
  • 06-02-2014 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi,
    I got a Kobo Mini, but I can't add any free ebooks in the EPUB or PDF file to it. I used the drag & drop method, then used Calibre, but no go. I added my books to ADE, but when I plug the Kobo in if ADE is open, it instantly shuts down. Does that mean it's corrupt/ is there any way I can get the books onto it? They show up in my folder, but aren't present in the library when I turn it on.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

ChloeElla wrote: »
    Hi,
    I got a Kobo Mini, but I can't add any free ebooks in the EPUB or PDF file to it. I used the drag & drop method, then used Calibre, but no go. I added my books to ADE, but when I plug the Kobo in if ADE is open, it instantly shuts down. Does that mean it's corrupt/ is there any way I can get the books onto it? They show up in my folder, but aren't present in the library when I turn it on.
    Thanks!

Hi Chloe,

A poster on this thread was having the same problem and it was solved by ejecting the Kobo Mini properly before unplugging it from the PC. When you eject properly first, then unplug the Kobo, it should update itself and the books will be available to read. Also when you plug the Kobo into the PC make sure to press CONNECT on the Kobo's screen.

I use Calibre exclusively to manage my ebooks/ereader so can't help on the ADE issue. I eject the device from within Calibre and it has always worked perfectly, there's a little arrow next to the 'Device' Icon on the top bar with a drop down menu containing an 'eject' option. When you eject the device and then plug it out it should update your device library.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

Gamayun wrote: »
    Hi Chloe,

A poster on this thread was having the same problem and it was solved by ejecting the Kobo Mini properly before unplugging it from the PC. When you eject properly first, then unplug the Kobo, it should update itself and the books will be available to read. Also when you plug the Kobo into the PC make sure to press CONNECT on the Kobo's screen.

I use Calibre exclusively to manage my ebooks/ereader so can't help on the ADE issue. I eject the device from within Calibre and it has always worked perfectly, there's a little arrow next to the 'Device' Icon on the top bar with a drop down menu containing an 'eject' option. When you eject the device and then plug it out it should update your device library.

Hope this helps.

Hi Gamayun,

I feel like an absolute idiot now, at first I though "Sure I have been ejecting it properly." but whenever I ejected it through Calibre, or My Computer, it would still stay it was connected. So I switched off my laptop while it was connected, & then it 'properly' disconnected. Lo & behold, 65 new books were added! Thanks a million :D

Advertisement