Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

Options
  • 06-02-2014 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

Well, the latest bull**** out of EA is that the new game for the World Cup will ONLY be coming out on PS3 and Xbox 360, and that the gameplay will be the same as FIFA 14.

As someone who doesn't use his 360 anymore, this pisses me off. I love the tournament games, and as we didn't get one for Euro 2012, only broken DLC, I was expecting something this time around. I still think 2010 FIFA Word Cup South Africa is the best football game I played, the game play was great for the time and the atmosphere in game was unmatched.

Annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

I read earlier the gameplay will be different
    The game not only lets you take a country through the qualification process (you can also do this by taking control of a single player on the squad), but also features some gameplay improvements and changes from FIFA 14. Both passing and dribbling are being refined from last year's title to allow for more control and more precise animations and movement, and new flicks and "Brazilian-inspired" skill moves are also being added.

In response to one specific complaint of FIFA 14, players' acceleration on and off the ball is being reworked. Some players complained that players' first touch in FIFA 14 was too slow and cumbersome.

Another added gameplay feature is set piece tactics that tells your teammates to make runs during corners (near post, far post, edge of box, and crowd the keeper). Similar to the last EA World Cup game, penalty kicks are also being revamped from the core title – including better keeper AI and the ability for keepers to try and throw off kick takers on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I cant believe I keep buying (and playing) EA games...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

1st they stumped us on Tournaments on the PS4 version now there not going to even give us a new World cup game on next gen , I'd have been foolish enough to buy it , and then there gonna offer us Ultimate team content , I don't even play Ultimate Team :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

In fairness to them, the FIFA studio are one team. People complain that they are releasing a world Cup game and people complain that there is no next gen version.

Games companies just cant win sometimes. Complaining if there are too many games, complaining if there are too little.

What would you rather? They release it across all formats and that it could end up being too buggy to even enjoy?

As much as people like to think releasing games is easy, alot of work goes into making these games even to make the smallest changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'm less bothered by this than Fifa 14 in general. In some ways the bugs in this are worse than the BF4 issues that were happening. At least DICE are actually trying to fix their game though.

3 updates for Fifa on the X1 & seasons gameplay is as intermittent as ever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ah Bollocks. I was planning on getting a PS4 around April and getting this for it because I already have Fifa 14 for the 360 and wanted at least a slightly different version.

It also makes it more strange that tournament mode is left out of the PS4 and xbone versions, or at least I believe that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Just an update regarding PS4 & Xbox One;
    [UPDATE] Though the official 2014 FIFA World Cup game won't be available for the Xbox One or PlayStation 4, EA Sports confirmed on Twitter that FIFA 14 on those platforms will have a "range of World Cup content and tournaments" within FIFA Ultimate Team. More news will be shared as the tournament approaches.

And their reason for not releasing the full game on next-gen;
    When questioned about the lack of Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions, producer Matthew Prior told GameSpot that due to the international appeal of the game, they expect the vast majority of fans to be playing on current-gen systems. Emerging markets, such as host nation Brazil, had prohibitively low next-gen adoption rates.

The game features;

Road to the FIFA World Cup - Choose from 203 national teams and play through regional qualification, all the way to the World Cup Final.
    Story of Qualifying - Play through more than 60 real-world scenarios from the qualifying stages of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, each featuring unique commentary.
    Story of Finals - Updated within an hour of the end of each game, this mode allows you to replay every game in the tournament, each with unique challenges based on the day's events.
    Road to Rio de Janeiro - A bespoke online tournament held across the 12 host cities of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
    Captain Your Country - Progress your custom player from a bench warmer to captain of his country.
    Online FIFA World Cup - Play through the 2014 FIFA World Cup against competitors online.

Nineteen international managers will have their likenesses in the game, including Roy Hodgson, Joachim Low, and Luiz Felipe Scolari. Even the subsequently sacked Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni will appear during Irish qualification matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Regarding the UT content for next gen, that's nothing to do with anything. They will run a World Cup themed tournament and release special MOTM versions of players. If they are really nice about it they will release a team of the tournament.

Lets call a spade a spade that's just a cynical money making exercise to squeeze a little bit more before they release FIFA 15. Sorry but answers like that really annoy me.

It's simple, current adoption rates of next gen consoles aren't high enough to justify a port.

The fact that there is still no online knock out tournament mode is purely so they can get people to buy the euro/world cup games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah its a load of horse **** to be frank , alot of people don't even play UT I'm one. 1st I felt rode by the fact they took out tournament mode ....Shouldn't have bothered getting next gen Fifa :/

Parawind wrote: »
    Regarding the UT content for next gen, that's nothing to do with anything. They will run a World Cup themed tournament and release special MOTM versions of players. If they are really nice about it they will release a team of the tournament.

Lets call a spade a spade that's just a cynical money making exercise to squeeze a little bit more before they release FIFA 15. Sorry but answers like that really annoy me.

It's simple, current adoption rates of next gen consoles aren't high enough to justify a port.

The fact that there is still no online knock out tournament mode is purely so they can get people to buy the euro/world cup games.

They could have easily released a next gen version of FIFA world cup...and if it wasnt up to standard what would that be called?

Honestly they cant win.

Its a money making exercise either way you look at it going by that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

joe123 wrote: »
    They could have easily released a next gen version of FIFA world cup...and if it wasnt up to standard what would that be called?

Honestly they cant win.

Difference is even porting the same 360 game over costs money, but the UT approach makes them a fortune and costs almost nothing to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

joe123 wrote: »

Honestly they cant win.

I've been defending the team that makes fifa for years. "No, it's not perfect but they fixed this and that.....It's difficult to fix that.....Atleast they are trying...." etc. etc. Im done doing that. They aren't trying anymore. This years fifa was a complete cop out.

All the neat stuff they showed in the months leading up to release was scrapped. Fifa 14 is Fifa 13 with a facelift. That's it. It's nearly identical and it's a f*cking disgrace. The replays look a lot better....but the game plays terribly. This World Cup game will be no different. I just don't trust them anymore. They do the same thing with Madden. Same Engine, same flaws that we've had for years. No improvement. No guts to try something new.

Parawind is right. Money grab in the extreme.

Kirby wrote: »
    I've been defending the team that makes fifa for years. "No, it's not perfect but they fixed this and that.....It's difficult to fix that.....Atleast they are trying...." etc. etc. Im done doing that. They aren't trying anymore. This years fifa was a complete cop out.

All the neat stuff they showed in the months leading up to release was scrapped. Fifa 14 is Fifa 13 with a facelift. That's it. It's nearly identical and it's a f*cking disgrace. The replays look a lot better....but the game plays terribly. This World Cup game will be no different. I just don't trust them anymore. They do the same thing with Madden. Same Engine, same flaws that we've had for years. No improvement. No guts to try something new.

Parawind is right. Money grab in the extreme.

A money grab in the extreme would be to have the world cup game across all formats.

I to dislike this years FIFA btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I won't be buying any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Parawind wrote: »

Ah lad, coming from a fella who owns both Xbox versions and only plays the 360 version for cheaper UT packs!

Hopefully Pro Evo can start regaining their market back from Fifa. I used to love Playing Fifa but the last few games have been a joke based upon greed over gameplay.

Only Current-Gen versions of the World Cup game is probably a wise business decision to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

trailer for the game here just checked for prices and the game will be 60euro on gamestop which is expensive

New game modes trailer;
    Witness the deepest set of game modes ever in an EA SPORTS tournament title.

Pre-order the official 2014 EA SPORTS FIFA World Cup Brazil game: http://http://www.easports.com/2014-f...

Launches on April 16, 2014.

29c0c130c46c3315f6e3ba28459a9d88.png

364487.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Id hope this isn't going to be a full priced €50 game, but its ea, so it probably will be.

Tinie wrote: »
    Id hope this isn't going to be a full priced €50 game, but its ea, so it probably will be.

Oh it is full priced indeed, €59.99 in GameStop.

sugarman wrote: »
    EA really shooting themselves in the foot with this one

...PASS

Well EA have been releasing World Cup games for well over 20 years now, they wouldn't be doing so if it wasn't generating worthwhile revenue.

Kids (and some adults too I'm sure) will always want, and pay for, the latest and greatest even if the upgrade is minimal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

sugarman wrote: »
    Probably so, but can't see anyone who has a ps4 or xb1 splashing out 60quid on it when its not being releashed on next gen. Well I wont be anyway. If it were somewhere between 30-40, I more than likely would.

I won't be either, and I absolutely love tournament games, so I would imagine if even I am not getting it, then most who have a XO/PS4 won't be either.

I probably would if it was €30-40 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I see it will be €50 in smyths. Do smyths allow you to pre-order in store ? How reliable are they ? I've never bought a game on release day from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Just played a few games with the demo. Seems really fast compared to the last Fifa I played but I like it. Graphics seem poor though. Is PS3 Fifa 14 similar graphically?

I gave the demo a real test last night, played with mates. Some 1v1 games but mostly 2v2.

It's weird. By and large the game is the same as FIFA 14, but different in a few key areas. Crossing is WAY less effective. Which I think is a good thing. It seems that the majority of crosses we put in were poor crosses, and nobody scored from any. LB+Y is still there, but its also different, seems to be a lot slower, more floaty perhaps. There were a few goals from them. Shooting is also different, honestly, the crossing, passing, and shooting it all feels like its either way under powered or over powered, rarely just right.

Maybe I need to really get used to the game to get the feel down, but I won't be doing that as I'm not buying it unless the price drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Downloaded the demo and only played 1 half.
    How anyone could fork out for this who already has FIFA14 ill never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Downloaded the demo and only played 1 half.
    How anyone could fork out for this who already has FIFA14 ill never know.

I have only played fifa on pc since 12, South Africa was the best fifa game imo, I was really disappointed with the euro add on , am on the fence here, I do my gaming on PC have an Xbox and might go for it.

bennyc wrote: »
    I have only played fifa on pc since 12, South Africa was the best fifa game imo, I was really disappointed with the euro add on , am on the fence here, I do my gaming on PC have an Xbox and might go for it.

You're not far wrong with that statement.

WC 2010 followed FIFA 09.

09 was the best for me, mainly based on the fact I played it for the entire year without getting fed up off it.

WC 2010 for a ''.5'' upgrade was a great game, I played that for a good few months.
    It brought some new features which made it superior to 09 in ways.

I personally think FIFA has been on the slide since the WC game.
    08 was a good game, but surpassed by 09, then WC for a slight upgrade gave you your moneys worth.

10 is where the momentum started to become a big problem which in turn lead to the games flaws becoming a bigger problem then they should have been.

However 10 -13 were still pretty decent games with 13 even having some improvements to see a slight increase in quality since FIFA 08 > FIFA 09.

14 then really threw the work down the pot, and from reading this thread it seems they've put in zero work into this new WC game which isn't the least bit surprising tbh.

When the WC 10 game came out, it was still debatable to some whether PES or FIFA was better.
    Some fan boys were still having trouble admitting PES was pants at that period and EA's work reflected that.

Now that they've no real competition, again they put no effort into the WC/Euro game.

Roll on Aug, looking forward to seeing what PES offers.
    I'll be honest in that PES 14 looked like something I was interested in trying until I read it was current gen only, the first since PES 08 that looked promising.
    Hopefully they can build on that for 15 as FIFA 15 is going to be more or less the same as 14 with the ****e dribbling/lofted balls and momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

You're not far wrong with that statement.

WC 2010 followed FIFA 09.

09 was the best for me, mainly based on the fact I played it for the entire year without getting fed up off it.

WC 2010 for a ''.5'' upgrade was a great game, I played that for a good few months.
    It brought some new features which made it superior to 09 in ways.

I personally think FIFA has been on the slide since the WC game.
    08 was a good game, but surpassed by 09, then WC for a slight upgrade gave you your moneys worth.

10 is where the momentum started to become a big problem which in turn lead to the games flaws becoming a bigger problem then they should have been.

However 10 -13 were still pretty decent games with 13 even having some improvements to see a slight increase in quality since FIFA 08 > FIFA 09.

14 then really threw the work down the pot, and from reading this thread it seems they've put in zero work into this new WC game which isn't the least bit surprising tbh.

When the WC 10 game came out, it was still debatable to some whether PES or FIFA was better.
    Some fan boys were still having trouble admitting PES was pants at that period and EA's work reflected that.

Now that they've no real competition, again they put no effort into the WC/Euro game.

Roll on Aug, looking forward to seeing what PES offers.
    I'll be honest in that PES 14 looked like something I was interested in trying until I read it was current gen only, the first since PES 08 that looked promising.
    Hopefully they can build on that for 15 as FIFA 15 is going to be more or less the same as 14 with the ****e dribbling/lofted balls and momentum.

This post sums the last good few years for me, if I can get the wc game for under 40 i might go for it, I got pes14 in the xv 4 for 12e deal so I might kick off on that for a week or two after wc game comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Does this have the content(clubs, ultimate team etc) from normal fifa 14 in it or WC only?

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Does this have the content(clubs, ultimate team etc) from normal fifa 14 in it or WC only?

WC only.

Advertisement