Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

chassis ideas

Options
  • 06-02-2014 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hi lads,
    Im half way completing my landy project and I'm looking for my next idea,
    What I'm looking for is a a make of car old skl ofcourse with a full steel chassis iI can take the body off and rebuild it to a kit car..any ideas
    PPreferably something pre 1980

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Triumph Herald/Vitesse/Spitfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Or Dolomite..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Merrion wrote: »
    Or Dolomite..

Hard work trying to find a 1930s car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

I should clarify - Triumph Dolomite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

reliant scimitar

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Merrion wrote: »
    I should clarify - Triumph Dolomite

Thanks, but those Dolomites don't have a separate chassis.

triumph_dolomite_bare_metal_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

London Taxi
    Rover p4

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

2cv or suzuki 4x4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

No one mentioned the VeeDub Beetle, the most famous kit car / buggy donor car!
    VW_Beetle_chassis.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

A neighbour of mine has an early 60s Scimitar project abandoned, he got around to getting the chassis galvanised and has made no progress in the last couple of years and more than likely will sell it, all the car is there and a pity it is not put back together as these early Scimitars are rare enough in these shores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

If you want to rebuilt it to a kit car, should you not buy the kit first, then source the donor car its designed for? or am I taking you up wrong?

If you want to hand build something onto a big old chassis, then a rusty Rover P4 would be ideal. Similar enough to the Landy in size, but a whole lot more comfortable to drive.

Ah, just noticed that hi5 had already suggested it...........

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

thanks for the ideas guys,
    the reason i want a chassis hopefully it has all the suspension/braking brackets in place just renew old/worn bits after that engine then its on to what frame i want to build around it
    really open to ideas on body styling

Advertisement