Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathmines: Two Newsagents gone. (Bo's DayToday and Bonaza)

Options
  • 06-02-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Bo's are moving to O'Connell St.
    Bonanza has been replaced by an e-cigarette store.

Always thought that was a great spot for a newsagent, with the the bus stop right outside the door.

Is mini marche the last of the independent newsagents left?

2BuAeTs.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Bonanza had a big overhaul and then closed weeks afterwards. It was empty for a long time, then it was a Cash for Gold place for a while; the e-cig place is relatively new.

I noticed that Bo's DayToday was closed but I looked in the other day and it was being fitted with new units, etc. I figured they were going to reopen again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Bo's are moving to O'Connell St.

Well that's good. There's such a lack of newsagents on O'Connell Street. Massive gap in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

Lidl and Aldi selling papers must hurt independent shops! Good kiosk in Swan centre has all newspapers and seems to do OK.
    Why does the Swan Centre not have automatic doors it must be a nightmare for women with prams and invalids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Lidl and Aldi selling papers must hurt independent shops!

How? It takes about 5 mins of waiting to pay for your shopping in the German supermarkets. Where as a newsagents it's nearly instantly. And you don't really go into lidl to pick up a few things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I didn't like Bo's, the staff where rude and they didn't have much of a selection really, the shelves have been half empty for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

hfallada wrote: »
    How? It takes about 5 mins of waiting to pay for your shopping in the German supermarkets. Where as a newsagents it's nearly instantly. And you don't really go into lidl to pick up a few things

Still taking sales from someone else Newspaper sales are falling as well. Bo's was a miserable shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Sorry that there is no more Bonanza. It was really handy if you were waiting for the bus into town - coffee, the papers, and best of all, an awning to keep off the elements.

The gold shop didn't work out, so maybe the vape shop won't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Galadriel wrote: »
    I didn't like Bo's, the staff where rude and they didn't have much of a selection really, the shelves have been half empty for a long time.

They were absolute robbers too...

Advertisement