Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I see they cancelled the Batmobile edition. Something to do with the quality not being good enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

Does this need to be pre ordered to get the extras lads, i remember buying games without pre ordering and you got the stuff anyway.

Also where will be the cheapest place to get it from, smyths i suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Does anyone know where the statue edition will be available? Thought amazon would have it available to preorder by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Does anyone know where the statue edition will be available? Thought amazon would have it available to preorder by now!

It actually sold out on Amazon a good while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I see they cancelled the Batmobile edition. Something to do with the quality not being good enough!

If it is as bad as the last 2 collectors editions that Triforce did(Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition) it's not suprising.

Don't know much about the Witcher CE, but the Dragon Age one was an abomination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Don't know much about the Witcher CE, but the Dragon Age one was an abomination.

Really? What was wrong with it.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Really? What was wrong with it.

Can't really comment on the Witcher one.

The DA:I one had a poor box and a significant number of them were damaged beyond sellable condition due to poor packaging and the contents being made of low quality materials.

My local Gamestop got 8 copies of DA:I and 3 of them were unsellable. Gamestop Germany refunded all preorders as they refused all of their stock due to the qiality issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Day One Patch is 3.5GB

According to the patch notes, this update will improve performance, fix issues, and add some new features:

Improved Performance
    Stability Fixes
    New feature: Rival Points
    New feature: Original Batsuit skin available to select
    Support for “A Matter Of Family” additional content
    General gameplay, graphical, audio, UI, and localization fixes

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/06/18/report-batman-arkham-knight-update-1-01-3-5gb-improves-performance/

UUgvMWG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I should be more excited that an arkham game is out in a few days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya same although I'm going to put that down to E3.

I've finished the Witcher so I'm looking forward to getting into it.

Also I have to say I didn't like the trailer they showed at the playstation conference but it did get me back into the story a bit. Still would have preferred to see in game.

• Advertisement

watched the Gamespot live demo which showed a cool feature with the batmobile and a much improved detective mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Should reviews start dropping this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

IGN have said their review should be out today. I'd imagine the rest will too.

humanji wrote: »
    IGN have said their review should be out today. I'd imagine the rest will too.

IGN review is just out got a 9.2 Amazing score

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Ha, bizarrely I went to a non-IGN site to see when the IGN review was out.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Polygon say it's the best game of this console generation. They've previously only given 10/10 to two games last year and another two in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've glossed over a few bulletpoints of reviews and unsurprisingly they all mention the Batmobile not being that great to being bad depending on the review.

GameReactor -9

GamesRadar – 4/5

IGN – 9.2

Videogamer – 10

Gamespot – 7

IGN and Gamepot have some big character reveal spoilers in their reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I'm a bit dubious about these reviews really. I absolutely loved Arkham Asylum. It was tight, focused, and almost claustrophobically tense at times, and the general tone and treatment of the character was spot on - genuinely up there with the Nolan movies and Miller comics in my opinion.

In trying to go "bigger" (open-world gameplay, multiple antagonists), Arkham City lost everything that made the first game so refreshing, and was a big disappointment for me. So if this is just more of the same with a bit more polish and a Batmobile, I really can't see how it'll be anywhere near "the best game of this console generation".

Being overly pessimistic about games I've never played isn't usually my thing, and I'll have my hat ready in case I need to eat it next week. But even if it turns out to be great, I'd love to see them go back to the drawing board for the next game, and do something completely different with the IP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I thought City was far better personally. Didn't spend 90% of the game in Detective mode, and had a brilliant world with loads to do.

Looking forward to getting stuck into this now.

• Advertisement

Does this need to be pre ordered to get the extras lads, i remember buying games without pre ordering and you got the stuff anyway.

Also where will be the cheapest place to get it from, smyths i suppose?

Anyone?

Anyone?

You will get the Harley Quinn dlc.
    To get anything else you wil need to go to the retailer who has the specific piece of dlc or buy the Season Pass. All of the retailer exclusive dlc will be released seperately in August/September.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Batmobile sounds like a big misstep.
    The stealth tank parts sounds torturous before I play them spoiler

Anyone?

I actually said only a few days ago its cheapest at Amazon atm.
    Nobody rightly knows the Argos or Smyths prices yet. Smyths were like €67 based on their site but that's not in store

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Just got an email from Amazon about my statue edition order:
    Hello,

We wanted to let you know that Batman Arkham Knight - Amazon.co.uk Exclusive Limited Edition (Xbox One), (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00R64HB9Q) from your order #xxxxx will be delayed as the manufacturer has advised us that there's been a packaging quality issue.

We want to ensure that your order reaches you in pristine condition and your item, with the updated packaging, should be with you no later than 14 July, 2015.

To ensure that you get to play your game on the release date, we'll be sending you a code via e-mail on Tuesday 23 June, that you can use to download the full game from the Xbox Live.

We realise that this is not what you were expecting when the order was placed, and if you have any further questions, please reply to this e-mail.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
    Got to love their CS for sending a download code. Anywhere else would just tell you to wait.

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Just got an email from Amazon about my statue edition order:

Got to love their CS for sending a download code. Anywhere else would just tell you to wait.

How bad you could sell the physical copy once received and youre laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Just got the email there from Amazon I glad they are giving us a download code as well as the CE.Another place would be tough luck and you will have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It seems like the main gripe reviewers have is with the Batmobile and the repetitive uses of it, drone killing sounds like it will be very tedious, still looking forward to picking it up next week.

You will get the Harley Quinn dlc.
    To get anything else you wil need to go to the retailer who has the specific piece of dlc or buy the Season Pass. All of the retailer exclusive dlc will be released seperately in August/September.

So you dont get to play as red hood if you buy without pre ordering?

Also are you saying that if you dont pre order you will miss out on free stuff that others who have pre ordered will get?

So you dont get to play as red hood?

Red hood is only available if you preorder in gamestop

• Advertisement

Red hood is only available if you preorder in gamestop

Oh really, didnt know that, cheers for that, do ye recon its too late to pre order on Sunday?

Advertisement