Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Oh really, didnt know that, cheers for that, do ye recon its too late to pre order on Sunday?

It's €75 there

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Just talking to Amazon because I was wondering when my money came out of my account.They told me that the Collectors Edition isnt delayed.

Im sorry for dispatching your order I have checked that it is not delayed in dispatch process. You will get the order with Guaranteed delivery by: Tuesday, 23 June 2015 as it will release on the same day.

I've checked your order, and have found that "Batman Arkham Knight - Amazon.co.uk Exclusive Limited Edition (PS4)" has not been delayed in the dispatch process. I’ve made our Fulfilment Centre aware of this and they’re processing your order. Once it’s been dispatched, we’ll send you an e-mail confirming the date, contents, and method of delivery.

It will release on 23rd June and you will get the item on the same date.

I hope you'll understand that we do our best to ensure that all of our customer orders leave our Fulfilment Centre as close as possible to the availability and delivery estimates that are listed on our website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Red hood is only available if you preorder in gamestop

The Red Hood pack is also part of the season pass and will be available in August/September with the rest of the retailer exclusives. In all honesty you are better off spending €100 on the digital premium version than the €75 for the base disc copy from Gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I find it hard to believe the red hood DLC wont be released at some point down the line separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I was so excited for this but a combination of the endless list of DLC and The Witcher 3 has me leaning towards waiting for a GOTY Edition or a big price drop.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe the red hood DLC wont be released at some point down the line separately.

As mentioned in my previous post all the retailer exclusive dlc, like the Red Hood story pack, will be on sale once the exclusivity period expires in August/September and will be free for season pass holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Anyone?

You could do what I mentioned above

2 x NSMB wii = €50 (€25ea in CEX)
    Trade both into gamestop and get the 9.99er which means that the total all in is €59.99

Just check first if gamestop will definitely take 2 copies of the same game

You'll get red hood "exclusive" DLC but anyone who has a season pass will get it after 6 months anyway

You could do what I mentioned above

2 x NSMB wii = €50 (€25ea in CEX)
    Trade both into gamestop and get the 9.99er which means that the total all in is €59.99

Just check first if gamestop will definitely take 2 copies of the same game

You'll get red hood "exclusive" DLC but anyone who has a season pass will get it after 6 months anyway
    Applies to purchase of standard edition only. No trade. No multiples. No dealers. Trade-ins are subject to Manager approval. No cash alternative. Trade-ins must be in full working condition to receive full value. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or sale.

From the website

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

That's a hell of a lot of effort to go to to give those shower of chancers money and the chance to rip off some people who don't know any better!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

As mentioned in my previous post all the retailer exclusive dlc, like the Red Hood story pack, will be on sale once the exclusivity period expires in August/September and will be free for season pass holders.

If I pre order in gamestop do I get to use red hood straight away or is it being released later on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Arkham City was tedious imo. I didn't even bother seeing it out till the end. Put me right off the series. Haven't played any since the the first masterpiece.

If I pre order in gamestop do I get to use red hood straight away or is it being released later on?

You get to use it straight away, the timeframe in my post if for people who didn't buy the game with retail exclusive dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

seriously thinking of getting the 100euro premium edition from the store
    I rarely buy games from the store I prefer disks
    but is the season pass stuff gonna be worth it AHHHH i cant make my mind up

wow just seen that this is 18 WTF

biggebruv wrote: »
    seriously thinking of getting the 100euro premium edition from the store
    I rarely buy games from the store I prefer disks
    but is the season pass stuff gonna be worth it AHHHH i cant make my mind up

wow just seen that this is 18 WTF

I suggest you take a look at what exactly is in the season pass before you part with any cash. No way it worth that kind of money. Better off waiting and seeing what people think of it or just getting any story released content on it's own.

From what I recall an awful lot of it was just challenge rooms / races etc.

I suggest you take a look at what exactly is in the season pass before you part with any cash. No way it worth that kind of money. Better off waiting and seeing what people think of it or just getting any story released content on it's own.

From what I recall an awful lot of it was just challenge rooms / races etc.

but there is some story missions and I think this is the first time rocksteady has done a season pass am I right

but there is some story missions and I think this is the first time rocksteady has done a season pass am I right

Believe so yes but the others did have around 40 quids worth of dlc each anyway, but from what I've read even before it's release it's not going to be worth 40 quid. As I say though the story content could well be substantial and I'm jumping the gun on calling it gouging, time will tell I guess but lets face it we've all been gaming long enough and seen enough season passes/ been burned by them to know buyer beware and never buy one sight unseen out of blind loyalty / being a fan of a series.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/04/29/opinion-batman-arkham-knights-season-pass-is-absurd
    This season pass for Batman: Arkham Knight delivers new content every month for 6 months, featuring new story missions, more supervillains invading Gotham City, new legendary Batmobiles, advanced challenge maps, alternative character skins, and new drivable race tracks.”

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think this game has finished me ever buying a physical copy again (aside from the ones with cool statues, etc). I bought this from cdkeys.com on the 3rd of May, Premium Edition PC, which if i'm not mistaken is the base game and season pass. And it only cost me €33.65. Can't believe it's going for €100!

Edit: €80 on GMG, €81 on Steam including a 10% discount!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just got my key from cdkeys. Ready to roll on steam for when it unlocks. Premium edition for half the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

just seen an offer on gamestop there. Arkham Knight + season pass for €20 when you trade in 3 games

http://www.gamestop.ie/batmanakseasonpass

Have it preordered from XtraVision for 59.99 (15% off voucher) already and money has been taken from account so can't cancel it. But was thinking of buying this offer, keeping the season pass and selling extra copy on adverts. Any thoughts ?

anyone know the argos price yet?

• Advertisement

Won't know till tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

just seen an offer on gamestop there. Arkham Knight + season pass for €20 when you trade in 3 games

http://www.gamestop.ie/batmanakseasonpass

Have it preordered from XtraVision for 59.99 (15% off voucher) already and money has been taken from account so can't cancel it. But was thinking of buying this offer, keeping the season pass and selling extra copy on adverts. Any thoughts ?

I think they're robbing you; looking for 3 games now on these offers? They would make you angry

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

65 euro (a friend works there). That's where i'm getting mine.

I think they're robbing you; looking for 3 games now on these offers? They would make you angry

Well, it includes the season pass.

But to put that into logic, say the three cheapest games are 25, 25, and 30, thats 80. Plus 20 quid, thats 100 (assuming you don't already own the games in question). + 60 for the copy you bought on xtravision, thats 160. Assuming you sell your extra copy for 50 quid, thats 110 for the game and the season pass.

Assuming the season pass is 40 (I don't know) and argos has it for 60/you already got it for 60, not much savings.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Well, it includes the season pass.

But to put that into logic, say the three cheapest games are 25, 25, and 30, thats 80. Plus 20 quid, thats 100 (assuming you don't already own the games in question). + 60 for the copy you bought on xtravision, thats 160. Assuming you sell your extra copy for 50 quid, thats 110 for the game and the season pass.

Assuming the season pass is 40 (I don't know) and argos has it for 60/you already got it for 60, not much savings.

I was thinking of trading in AC Unity (€15 cash in CEX), Last of Us (€17), and Dragon Age (€20) which equals €52. Gamestop selling game for 75 and season pass is 40 which comes to €115 if bought without deal. Then sell xtravision copy for €60. Or I could just trade in AC Unity and Last of us for the €10 deal meaning getting game for €42, sell other copy for 60 and get pass with that.

Ugh think I will leave it until I get better idea of what the Season pass content is or season pass goes on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

You can easily get this game for €20 on PC online. No out of region purchase needed.

Due to Batman & Witcher 3 codes being included with GTX970 and 980 graphics cards over the last few weeks there are loads of sellers looking to move them on. I bought Witcher 3 for €20 and Batman for €20.

Look on adverts, Ebay, etc.

Also G2A are selling it for €22.
    I am not getting all these season pass and dlc stuff. Maybe in a few months time if people say it's very good. I am tired of buying season passes and being let down with the offering.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Was going pick this up off G2Play for €21 but its coming free with my new graphics card next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

I was thinking of trading in AC Unity (€15 cash in CEX), Last of Us (€17), and Dragon Age (€20) which equals €52. Gamestop selling game for 75 and season pass is 40 which comes to €115 if bought without deal. Then sell xtravision copy for €60. Or I could just trade in AC Unity and Last of us for the €10 deal meaning getting game for €42, sell other copy for 60 and get pass with that.

Ugh think I will leave it until I get better idea of what the Season pass content is or season pass goes on sale.

Those trade in games usually have to be from a specific list of games; I know a few months back I tried to trade in Dragon Age and they were no longer taking it as part of the deal

Those trade in games usually have to be from a specific list of games; I know a few months back I tried to trade in Dragon Age and they were no longer taking it as part of the deal

they are all on the list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Does anyone think they'll have it tomorrow by early delivery??

Advertisement