Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 BenHK

On the GameStop website it says the Xbox one version is out of stock in every store in Ireland??

So much for the 9.99 deal

Ah Jaysus....."Xbox One"......"Gamestop"......

I've heard enough....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

All this talk about splash screens..... just boil the kettle or something :pac:

You're gonna be playing for a few hours anyway, not like you're gonna be seeing them every 30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

So erm did anyone actually play the game yet..........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The playing isn't the fun part.. it's the fixing so you can play.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

tok9 wrote: »
    The playing isn't the fun part.. it's the fixing so you can play.

Could just be a very well disguised Riddler Puzzle...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

sheehy83 wrote: »
    All too familiar now of going into a thread on the day of a game launch only to find people giving out about performance, patches, console vs PC and little to zero talk about the actual game. Not directing at the posters here but I miss the days a game would release and everyone would be chatting about the actual game on launch.

You pick it up yet Sheehy? You going Argos? Going to pop out here at lunch and get it there, 60 eur is pretty good in fairness hopefully few copies left in Cork store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Saw this on Gamestop...

BOC_Bray_BatmanAK_04.jpg
    https://www.gamestop.ie/batmanakseasonpass

The games you have to trade in are pretty newish (so it is not a very impressive offer), but there are a few that might make it worthwhile.

I am thinking of TLOU, The Order and Evil Within -- maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

God Damn updates!!! this is taking forever. :(

You pick it up yet Sheehy? You going Argos? Going to pop out here at lunch and get it there, 60 eur is pretty good in fairness hopefully few copies left in Cork store.

One of the lads is collecting it for me, won't get to give it a lash til tonight but if I notice with my bare eyes that it is 29 fps or below, by golly yer all going to hear about it! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

And damn, Euro is so ****ing **** right now. I always buy my console games of Amazon(I've bought this PC) and see Amazon selling for £39 which I thought was great, until seeing how **** the conversion rate is, comes in at just over €55.

Also in terms of the game, feedback from those who have no issues on PC, or console players, is immediately "fantastic"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads my steam download of this reset itself to zero percent after about 15gb had already been downloaded. Anyone else experience this?

Same here. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Has anyone on here made meaningful inroads into Batman yet? I'm tempted but It looks very similar to Arkham city which I enjoyed but thought wasnt as focused as Asylum.

I got that too from City, it just didn't feel as focused as Asylum. Couldn't actually finish City but I loved the 1st game.

I hope this has some sort of happy medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

Got mine, just 3 more hours until patch is dl, come at me bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Picked mine up in Argos Mahon Point, had over tenty in stock, in fairness 59.99 for a new release on PS4 is good value compared to others..will be where Ill be picking up my games from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

Traded in Evil Within & Spiderman 2 purchased for 53 euro in CEX along with a Tenner for the game in GameStop. Comes with Harley Quinn and Red Hood dlc. They are selling this version for 75 euro which is a total rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have the game..... but not I'm too afraid of the framerate being so bad I can't play it or it distracts me so much I have to stop playing to complain about it on neogaf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Still god damn updating, is it me or is the PS4 wifi ****e?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Still god damn updating, is it me or is the PS4 wifi ****e?

its probably not the wifi, its more likely that their servers cant push out all that data to so many users at once, xbox live suffers from the same thing occasionally, usually when you've a new game with a massive day one patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Decided to verify the game cache and now it's downloading ALL 33 GB again. This better be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

This looks to be available from Tesco.ie for €67.99, years Harley Quinn etc version. Assuming the same prices and availability are in-store as online then it could be purchased for €57.99, if one could avail of a €10 off €50 spend voucher from Lidl or Aldi. Obviously not everyone will have one lying around but if you do, not a bad deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

got in argos selling it for 60 euros

with harley quinn and scarcrow missions not bad at all

argos are the main guys for all my ps4 releases

cant wait to play later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

PzycP1s.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Folks I've moved (I hope) all the PC performance issues posts to a separate thread and over the PC gaming: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057451211#

Please keep discussion of those issues there, and keep this for more general chat about the game!

Apologies if I missed any posts or a few more general ones were moved in the process. Thanks.

Being a purely (daycent) console gamer, I hope the PC boys get a fix fairly soon. I know people are saying just play something else til a fix but a lot of people were waiting a long time to play this on launch day.

To the game itself, can anyone confirm if the Harley Quinn stuff is a prequel to the main story, should it be played first or does it really matter? Not looking for spoilers, would be just nice to know before starting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

sheehy83 wrote:
    To the game itself, can anyone confirm if the Harley Quinn stuff is a prequel to the main story, should it be played first or does it really matter? Not looking for spoilers, would be just nice to know before starting up.

It's a prequel set in bludhaven and supposedly is only 20 to 25 minutes long same with the red hood dlc

Also my xtravision copy that was dispatched last night arrived today. Won't go near it yet as patch will take few hours to download and I nearly have witcher 3 finished

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Its become a thing for me not to bother getting big games on launch days as shit like this always happens, so i just wait until it drops in price, the game is usually fixed/ready at this point and i get a much better gaming experience.

Watching people going nuts at the issues in these threads amuses me in the mean time :D

33GB patch on release, what a joke, stop pre ordering and feeding into this habit of poor quality releases, i haven't pre ordered a game in my life, its never necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

nix wrote: »
    Its become a thing for me not to bother getting big games on launch days as shit like this always happens, so i just wait until it drops in price, the game is usually fixed/ready at this point and i get a much better gaming experience.

Watching people going nuts at the issues in these threads amuses me in the mean time :D

33GB patch on release, what a joke, stop pre ordering and feeding into this habit of poor quality releases, i haven't pre ordered a game in my life, its never necessary.

is the 33gb on pc only? or consoles too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

This game is ****ing great. Someone on neogaf summed it up better than I ever could.
    Knight really feels like the game City and Origins wanted to be. It's fantastic and fully has a grasp of Batman and what it is to be Batman. If you just want to boot it up and swoop around the city fighting thugs, you can do that, and it's great. If you want to do the detective stuff, you can just go do that, and it's great. Plus the story is really surprising me, considering the criticisms levelled at it.

Also the Batmobile. I goddamn love it. Basically it's a license to feel cool as **** and it's super responsive and brilliantly integrated with on-foot Batman. You can do stuff like fight 10 goons in a street, get blindsided by shots from a drone-tank, hit the Batmobile button, it systematically batters through the streets to you, you leap and seamlessly land in it, blast the drone-tank in one shot, then fire off doing 0-60 down a street, hit the glide button and launch hundreds of feet into the air, swooping away across rooftops to find more baddies.

I mean what the ****. The whole experience is utterly seamless and there's nary a frame-drop on PS4.

It's just so ****ing great. So far I'm not understanding any of the Batmobile criticisms. Even when you're forced to use it the context always feels right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Been downloading on ps4 all day as I went out to work. It's on the last 16gb but has slowed to a crawl. Doing about half a meg per second with estimated 23 hours left.... Disgusted!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm downloading the DLC before starting since I've no idea when the scarecrow or Harley Quinn DLC take place.

Advertisement