Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

.ak wrote: »
    Thinking of picking this up today for the PS4... Where's the cheapest you can get it, Argos?

And is it worth getting, or should I hold off.. I never owned any of the other Arkham games... Should I have played these first?
    The storylines are seperate, but connected (I haven't finished this one, so I don't know if there's lots of connections or just one big on). I can't really go into detail without spoilers, but you won't understand a fair chunk of what's going on in the backstory if you don't know the previous ones. Arkham Asylum is the best of the trilogy, so it'd be well worth your time picking it up. If you can get the first two for cheap, then you won't regret them. But if you're eager to get stuck into this, read the Wikipedia pages for the previous games and read the plot synopsis.

edit: oh and if you go for the previous games now, then you'll be able to pick up the game of the year edition with all the dlc included for a much cheaper price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Seems rather odd to say this but the car is growing on my quite a bit.
    I feared that they would shove the car down our throats, which they do, but looking back at the previous two games I realised I had been become increasingly disappointed with the combat in the game. I just got over complicated. Go here, beat up some thugs, go there beat up some thugs etc etc. Rinse and repeat. The car changes it up enough that I kind of look forward to getting in there and taking a break from the stuff that has been annoying me for the last two games.
    I enjoy the combat but there are so many things to try and remember to do in certain situations, too many gadgets that should be used. It takes the fun out of it quite quickly.

Hahaha.

I just saw the ad for this game with xtravision/hmv. The guy was trying to do the Christian Bale Batman voice, but you could tell he was struggling with it. I thought it was going to be a joke at the end, but no, totally serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

My copy arrived today from Amazon. You guys weren't wrong; the patch download speed is absolutely appalling.
    I downloaded Borderlands yesterday in less than an hour at 1.5GB....I'm at about the same in 2 & 1/2 hours with this.
    Haven't installed the Scarecrow or Harley Quinn DLC yet. I won't launch the game until everything is installed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I keep pressing L2 to brake :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

tok9 wrote: »

Glad its not just me. I also keep pressing triangle to get out of it....too much GTA for me 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

tok9 wrote: »
    Not the worst thing in the world. It allows you to turn really fast when your're in a tight spot. Like when you crash into a wall while pursuing someone. Battle mode, point in the direction you want to go and then hit up. Then drive off. It basically allows you to whip the batmobile around like a Halo Warthog.

Just me
    Penguin
    for the first time and ended up demolishing a neon sign for the Iceberg Lounge. Ended up spelling out CLUNGE :eek: Hardly a mistake now.

353104.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Do you have to unlock arkham episodes and ar challenges? Both greyed out in my menu

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Do you have to unlock arkham episodes and ar challenges? Both greyed out in my menu

you have to unlock ar challenges through the game. The arkham episodes are dlc like harleys one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

I feel like I'm missing out :(
    Might have to take a trip and get this earlier than I planned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

sheehy83 wrote: »
    you have to unlock ar challenges through the game. The arkham episodes are dlc like harleys one.

Ah cheers (sorry very noon question) Harley Quinn just finished downloading so it's there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

"Please wait while game data is installed" when trying to do the very first Riddler mission.

Bought this from PSN but surely it can't take over 24 hours to install this game? I usually take down a 2gd HDrip in a couple of mins.

Anyone else know what the story is?

Edit: You have to go to System Storage Manahement -> Applications, then highlight the game. Only 30 of 41GB downloaded in 24 hours. I guess going digital only in this day and age is off the cards. Sony's servers are ****e.

Jesus.. nearly shat the pants there. Not going to spoil anything but it just happened out in the open world after I'd completed a part of a mission.

It unlocked the
    Creature of the Night
    mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

My patch is installed....took about 5 hours....nothing wrong with my WiFi either....On to the DLC installs now >.<

ERG89 wrote: »
    My patch is installed....took about 5 hours....nothing wrong with my WiFi either....On to the DLC installs now >.<

Your wifi is likely fine. It's the cap that Sony, and probably MS, puts on DL bandwitdh and speeds that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

anybody else having trouble with the online leaderboards on the ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

"Please wait while game data is installed" when trying to do the very first Riddler mission.

Bought this from PSN but surely it can't take over 24 hours to install this game? I usually take down a 2gd HDrip in a couple of mins.

Anyone else know what the story is?

Edit: You have to go to System Storage Manahement -> Applications, then highlight the game. Only 30 of 41GB downloaded in 24 hours. I guess going digital only in this day and age is off the cards. Sony's servers are ****e.

You could try pause the download, reboot your router, resume it then and it should hopefully fly down then, as you said a few posts before - the PSN servers are odd at the best of times, I assume your hardwired?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ended up demolishing a neon sign for the Iceberg Lounge. Ended up spelling out CLUNGE :eek: Hardly a mistake now.

353104.jpg

Thats no coincidence. Developers put stuff like that in all the time as inside jokes.

I remember on the cover of Super Mario Galaxy. There were stars on some of the letters which spelled out U R MR GAY when you put them together. :P

Fieldog wrote: »
    You could try pause the download, reboot your router, resume it then and it should hopefully fly down then, as you said a few posts before - the PSN servers are odd at the best of times, I assume your hardwired?

Yeah, hardwired. The problem is that once you get past the 16gb, it comes out of your active DLs and I can't find it elsewhere to pause and restart. Only other mention of it I can find is in applications and you can't pause it there. First 16gb came down okay using this method, very frustrating.

Still early in this game as I've advanced all the side quests as far as possible and Rocksteady have already left enough hints as to what they could be doing next.

What I'm going to say is 1-2 missions after the ACE Chemical mission
    There already seems to be some mention of Lex Luther by thugs on the street but when you go to Wayne Tower you can check your messages and Batman received a call from Lex Luther himself.

I'd imagine this game will either have a Superman cameo in it or it will set up for a Superman/Justice League game.

• Advertisement

Put in some more time into this tonight, still not all that far in be honest but really struggling to get into this. I don't think it's the games fault as such.

Partly me struggling to care 3rd or 4th time around the block I think :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 BenHK

This game has stopped being sold on PC as of right now. Warner Brothers have pulled it down altogether. You can't buy it anymore. Not surprised really. Judging by others estimates I'd reckon this needs at least another 6-8 months in development. Such a horrible, broken mess.
    At this point WB are making Ubisoft look credible. Absolutely shameful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

BenHK wrote: »
    This game has stopped being sold on PC as of right now. Warner Brothers have pulled it down altogether. You can't buy it anymore. Not surprised really. Judging by others estimates I'd reckon this needs at least another 6-8 months in development. Such a horrible, broken mess.
    At this point WB are making Ubisoft look credible. Absolutely shameful.

At least they removed it from sale, Ubisoft didn't with watchdogs or AC: Unity.
    Steam now has a release date of Fall this year for the PC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

tuxy wrote: »
    At least they removed it from sale, Ubisoft didn't with watchdogs or AC: Unity.
    Steam now has a release date of Fall this year for the PC version.

Thats not true. I wish people would stop parroting that. I've seen it a hundred times in an hour.

That release date is for the Linux and Mac version of the game and has been there for months.

Regardless, this only happened because of the steam refund feature being recently added. (Which valve had to legally add by the way.) So many people applied for refunds and so many negative reviews on metacritic, steam, amazon, etc. that it forced their hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

they should have used the shítty port repellent from their utility belt

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

How are you guys playing it, ive gone as far as the riddler but am considering doing most the side missions to rank up then return to the main story.

That's the way I play pretty much every game.

Do some of the main mission then if there is a side mission, go do that. Did the exact same thing with the witcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

This worth getting? I did play 2 previous games on the 360 but I don't know about this one. Every video I see is player driving around in the car disarming bombs and blowing up enemy tanks. I prefer the whole sneaking around like the games.

Is it a big game?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My main complaint about the game so far, those charging thugs. I can't seem to counter them. Do you press L2 before or after they hit you? Are you just supposed to Quick Batarang them?

I've just been dodging them so far, but would like to know what I'm doing wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There's a counter prompt that comes up as they charge, something like "KO charging thug"

Advertisement