Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Star Lord wrote: »
    There's a counter prompt that comes up as they charge, something like "KO charging thug"

But when do you press it? I'm sure I've pressed it while they're charging and they still flattened me. Or maybe it's just me. The button icon is fairly small that it's difficult enough at times (probably especially in the middle of a fight) to distinguish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I got it by a bit of a fluke, saw an L2 prompt, pressed it and bataranged a charging guy, didn't even see what was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I got it by a bit of a fluke, saw an L2 prompt, pressed it and bataranged a charging guy, didn't even see what was happening.

Well I know that more than a few times during a fight I've pressed L1 instead of L2 to try and throw a batarang and had Batman give out to me for trying to call in the Batmobile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Anybody buy this from Argos? Was wondering if the preorder bonus is included with the Argos version?

max life wrote: »
    Anybody buy this from Argos? Was wondering if the preorder bonus is included with the Argos version?

Yupp, Harely comes with the Argos version (1st batch anyway I'm guessing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Thanks for that. Will get it there so

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Bought this and played it for a few hours last night (console), and its the first game in a while that I am actually in work looking forward to playing again once I get home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

tok9 wrote: »
    Jesus.. nearly shat the pants there. Not going to spoil anything but it just happened out in the open world after I'd completed a part of a mission.

It unlocked the
    Creature of the Night
    mission.

I had headphones on and in darkness when that happened, I jumped haha

• Registered Users Posts: 22,172 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

My game was returned to Amazon before i got it for some reason.

Just going to wait now and get it next year when it should be lower in price

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

Red hood too?

The biggest pain in the arse for me so far was figuring out the DNA sequence thing, took me about 20 minutes!

• Advertisement

Red hood too?

The biggest pain in the arse for me so far was figuring out the DNA sequence thing, took me about 20 minutes!

Red Hood is only with Gamestop I think.

TBH, I wouldn't pay for any Arkham Knight DLC until reading a review after playing the Harley one. Would be absolutely sickend if I paid money for that, worth about €2.50 at most. Harley is a great character, cool moves and her 'detective' mode showing how crazy she is is a class touch but it reeks of 'cmon, we need a 20 minute gameplay section, put her up against a few cops' cmon chop chop, gotta make that money.

Feels like such a waste after the work they put into her with her move set.

Red Hood is only with Gamestop I think.

TBH, I wouldn't pay for any Arkham Knight DLC until reading a review after playing the Harley one. Would be absolutely sickend if I paid money for that, worth about €2.50 at most. Harley is a great character, cool moves and her 'detective' mode showing how crazy she is is a class touch but it reeks of 'cmon, we need a 20 minute gameplay section, put her up against a few cops' cmon chop chop, gotta make that money.

Feels like such a waste after the work they put into her with her move set.

I could have gotten the Red Hood DLC but it was an extra €20 in GS so I said bleh, I doubt it was anything major, I'll play Harley later, I hope its good as she's my favourite from the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

48 Hours later and my download still isn't finised :mad: damn playstation is so SLOW for downloading it's ridiculous, even in rest mode... Have downloaded about 400MB in an hour there usually I should be downloading about 1.8GB an hour... Got to 19% in the game now I have to wait for the download to be complete to play the rest...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

48 Hours later and my download still isn't finised :mad: damn playstation is so SLOW for downloading it's ridiculous, even in rest mode... Have downloaded about 400MB in an hour there usually I should be downloading about 1.8GB an hour... Got to 19% in the game now I have to wait for the download to be complete to play the rest...
    My patch/Harley Quinn and Scarecrow DLC took about 9 hours to download yesterday....I played about 20 minutes then at about two in the morning.
    Hate the tank sections for the Batmobile, just unenjoyable & I'm disappointed knowing they focus on it so much in this game. Gliding was a big part of City but that was something you were constricted from in Asylum but it wasn't a good first impression

Changing the tank controls is a game changer!

Changing the tank controls is a game changer!

YES! I kept using L2 to brake and ended up going into a Tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    YES! I kept using L2 to brake and ended up going into a Tank.

Yeah I always done this too, ya would think going into tank mode would be circle in the first place and L2 to break...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Great call.. Battle mode on makes things a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just one things that bothers me.. nitpicking here. Hair. Hair in this game just looks odd. It's as if it's see through or something.

tok9 wrote: »
    Just one things that bothers me.. nitpicking here. Hair. Hair in this game just looks odd. It's as if it's see through or something.

The hair is very last gen, some snaps I took look super realistic, then the hair gives it away, noticed it on Harley.

• Advertisement

Finished the Harley Quinn dlc there, not too memorable I thought. Going on the offence & dodging bullets isn't my idea of fun. I'm really not enjoying what I played of it so far...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yeah, hardwired. The problem is that once you get past the 16gb, it comes out of your active DLs and I can't find it elsewhere to pause and restart. Only other mention of it I can find is in applications and you can't pause it there. First 16gb came down okay using this method, very frustrating.

Load of gick,

Went to Argos in Pavilions and picked it up for 60 notes, I'm sure I'll have a shedload of updates anyway before I get to play it!

I wonder could slow downloads be related to this Drive Club thing?

http://n4g.com/news/1748851/sony-investigating-slow-psn-download-speeds-in-europe

Fieldog wrote: »
    Load of gick,

Went to Argos in Pavilions and picked it up for 60 notes, I'm sure I'll have a shedload of updates anyway before I get to play it!

http://n4g.com/news/1748851/sony-investigating-slow-psn-download-speeds-in-europe

DriveClub only launched today & the download speeds Tuesday & yesterday were absolutely shocking with the Day 1 patch for me and others.
    I hope they sort it out soon

Fieldog wrote: »
    Load of gick,

Xbox isn't much better in fact the same in my experience. I would have thought both companies would be heavily invested in terms infrastructure , microsoft certainly are so I'd imagine sony are too and one of the main areas cloud/similar technology can be utilised is scaling up to demand at a moments notice almost to cope with high demand for new releases so load on servers should not be an issue for either, and I'm sure both have massive bandwidth to cope with it too.

Interesting the article linked specifically mentions EU though, makes me wonder if there is something broken/ under pressure somewhere that is affecting them both.

Xbox isn't much better in fact the same in my experience. I would have thought both companies would be heavily invested in terms infrastructure , microsoft certainly are so I'd imagine sony are too and one of the main areas cloud/similar technology can be utilised is scaling up to demand at a moments notice almost to cope with high demand for new releases so load on servers should not be an issue for either, and I'm sure both have massive bandwidth to cope with it too.

Interesting the article linked specifically mentions EU though, makes me wonder if there is something broken/ under pressure somewhere that is affecting them both.

I think it's something with UPC and PS4, the speed is crap on the consoles but flies on the PC.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I think it's something with UPC and PS4, the speed is crap on the consoles but flies on the PC.

Nope, I seem to be affected here also....

Granted I'm not on UPC, I'm on 50mb hardwired Magnet fat pipe fibre - I usually get around 35mb down on PS4 with homeplugs.

Look what I'm getting!

Gonna pause it and reboot the router, I've never seen it is as bad....

A 3.5gb update taking that long?

On ps4 did this not have a 2 day preload for the digital version?

On ps4 did this not have a 2 day preload for the digital version?

Not sure tbh, most if not all games do preload by a few days when bought digitally AFAIK ...

I got a copy from Argos and PSN is telling me its gonna take 13 hours now to download a 3.5gb day one patch...

Might get a go tomorrow at this stage... ;o

Edit : Paused it for about 2 minutes and restarted the download without rebooting router and now it's saying 50 mins, that's better.... :)

Yeah the updates for the physical version were bad enough and i thought i saw somewhere there was no preload in europe which would have been a bit mental if true.

I tried to do a firefighter mission earlier but no waypoint appeared on the map. This happen anyone else?

• Advertisement

38 upgrade points in the bank, I plan on hoarding them until I actually get locked out of completing something on hard difficulty to see how worthless they are compared to previous games where you needed upgrades to progress,

Advertisement