Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Anyone start this on hard? Kinda wish I did but too late now

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anyone start this on hard? Kinda wish I did but too late now

See my last post :(

Not nearly as challenging as previous games.

Can you not just change the difficulty now in game options?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Fieldog wrote: »
    Not sure tbh, most if not all games do preload by a few days when bought digitally AFAIK ...

I got a copy from Argos and PSN is telling me its gonna take 13 hours now to download a 3.5gb day one patch...

Might get a go tomorrow at this stage... ;o

Edit : Paused it for about 2 minutes and restarted the download without rebooting router and now it's saying 50 mins, that's better.... :)

I couldn't wait Tuesday so I played without the patch for a while, once it was done I just installed and continued.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just finished Ace Chemicals. Well that was fairly epic :O

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just finished Ace Chemicals. Well that was fairly epic :O

The end of that made me crap my pants... So many jump scares in this game outta nowhere... Especially when you have your PS4 headset on with full volume and use the Batman settings for it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

tok9 wrote: »
    Jesus.. nearly shat the pants there. Not going to spoil anything but it just happened out in the open world after I'd completed a part of a mission.

It unlocked the
    Creature of the Night
    mission.

Yeah that caught me but
    the fact that the joker will do it to you randomly some time after it is hilarious and scary

In fact
    the random non story actions by the joker are the highlight of the game, between the twisted good cop bad cop vibe he has going in most dialogue scene, he makes some great jokes on some of the rooftops. Also as you progress through the game you'll start seeing him in adverts and posters, which is both cool and creepy in a subtle way

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Anyone playing this on PC? I heard the port is utter rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

Yeah the updates for the physical version were bad enough and i thought i saw somewhere there was no preload in europe which would have been a bit mental if true.

I tried to do a firefighter mission earlier but no waypoint appeared on the map. This happen anyone else?

Yup happens me a lot now but im thinking maybe its coz i havnt progressed enough in the game yet but i dunno.

Im trying to do all the riddler missions but the fecking bridge wont lower for me but again i think its a progression thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hard is the way to go in every game!

At worst you can just turn difficulty down in most games.

• See my last post :(

Not nearly as challenging as previous games.

Can you not just change the difficulty now in game options?

No not that I could see. I'm raging, was looking through the menus. No option to turn difficulty up.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No not that I could see. I'm raging, was looking through the menus. No option to turn difficulty up.

It's definitely there on the Xbox version. Start / Game options / 5th option on the list is difficulty.

• It's definitely there on the Xbox version. Start / Game options / 5th option on the list is difficulty.
    I will check again this evening, I have the Xbox version.
    Can you turn the difficulty up if you started on Normal? Sorry if I'm repeating myself bit all over the place this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Jlayay wrote: »
    Anyone playing this on PC? I heard the port is utter rubbish.

I seem to be managing alright compared to a few people online. Fairly smooth, except for the stutters when loading areas but have put up with them for years now so its nothing much to me. Will compare my friends PS4 copy (when it arrives hehe) to see if the graphics are as downgraded as people say.
    Yup happens me a lot now but im thinking maybe its coz i havnt progressed enough in the game yet but i dunno.

Im trying to do all the riddler missions but the fecking bridge wont lower for me but again i think its a progression thing.

The waypoint not appearing is because you have to discover the firefighters locations first, listen out for radio chatter of goons threatening them, it will show the direction and Detective mode to find a large clump of people. A lot of the objectives wont give a direction if you have not found any of the points, just get up high and either detective mode or zoom (push right analogue) and they should flag up.

Bridges lower as part of the story missions, and a lot of the items are unlocked as you progress. Last item you obtain is
    electric gun from GCPD
    . Plus
    for the puzzles involving the Riddlers robots around the city
    destroy one and you get a chip to enable you to command them using the voice synthesizer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You should be able to turn the difficulty up. It's in game options on PS4.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    The waypoint not appearing is because you have to discover the firefighters locations first, listen out for radio chatter of goons threatening them, it will show the direction and Detective mode to find a large clump of people. A lot of the objectives wont give a direction if you have not found any of the points, just get up high and either detective mode or zoom (push right analogue) and they should flag up.

Excellent thanks, dunno why but I was execting this game to hold my hand more. It's good that you have to go searching things out....like an actual detective.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I wouldn't bother turning up the difficulty on the first play through as when you unlock New Game +, that mode is locked to the hardest difficulty but all your upgrades carry over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

2 Quick Questions:

Should I install the DLC before I boot up the game if they are indeed Prequels

Should I just start on Hard Difficulty, seeing as the only other game I played was City on Normal? I want the command prompts cause I'm pretty rubbish, are these on hard?

Cormac... wrote: »
    2 Quick Questions:

Should I install the DLC before I boot up the game if they are indeed Prequels

Should I just start on Hard Difficulty, seeing as the only other game I played was City on Normal? I want the command prompts cause I'm pretty rubbish, are these on hard?

There are no prompts on hard mode.

I started with the HQ DLC and it makes no odds really to the story that I can see, it's very, very short. About 20mins and that's being slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I really don't like using the Bat-tank-mobile. So I'm not going to enjoy doing any missions where it has to be used.

To be honest I think it's a terrible addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I really don't like using the Bat-tank-mobile. So I'm not going to enjoy doing any missions where it has to be used.

To be honest I think it's a terrible addition.

Personally think its a great addition and so far one of my favourite vehicles to drive in any game.

• Advertisement

I was anti-batmobile and still am sometimes as it seems to be tied into nearly everything I do. Saying that, it does have some very interesting uses like helping to shut off a pipe emitting toxic gasses.

However, I can't stand the 'fight 10 tanks in this area before you can proceed' bits, just a waste of time and feels very un-Batman.

Things are made easier with the 60's Batmobil skin though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

irishmover wrote: »
    Personally think its a great addition and so far one of my favourite vehicles to drive in any game.

I'm just glad they made a lot of the environment destructible.

CRASH INTO ALL THE THINGS!

Things are made easier with the 60's Batmobil skin though :)

What does that do? I was tempted to not even redeem it

• Cormac... wrote: »

Nothing just visual I think

Cormac... wrote: »

Oh nothing....besides look AWESOME with go faster red lines and the red bat symbol. Only thing that would make me change costume and car is if they brought out FREE Keaton/Burton Bat stuff.

CIXAWN7W8AM3BMF.jpg:large

Is there a Bat-Dance Emote Available? :p

I have that skin unlocked. Don't know how though as I didn't buy any DLC just all the free stuff installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I seem to be managing alright compared to a few people online. Fairly smooth, except for the stutters when loading areas but have put up with them for years now so its nothing much to me. Will compare my friends PS4 copy (when it arrives hehe) to see if the graphics are as downgraded as people say.

Bridges lower as part of the story missions, and a lot of the items are unlocked as you progress. Last item you obtain is
    electric gun from GCPD
    . Plus
    for the puzzles involving the Riddlers robots around the city
    destroy one and you get a chip to enable you to command them using the voice synthesizer

sound man you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

However, I can't stand the 'fight 10 tanks in this area before you can proceed' bits, just a waste of time and feels very un-Batman.

That training simulation at the start drove me up the ducking wall.

• Advertisement

I have that skin unlocked. Don't know how though as I didn't buy any DLC just all the free stuff installed.

Think you get it for logging in / connecting to that wb online thing. I know you get something for doing that.

Where do you actually set a skin?

Advertisement