Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Having trouble destroying the helicopter. Have tried around 10 times and keep dying. Soul destroying!:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Bad Horse wrote: »
    I thought the ending was perfect. It sacrificed gameplay for story but it was definitely worth it in my opinion.

Id say adequate rather than perfect :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

i dunno it felt all over the place i get that was the intention but i was just going WTF through it all LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It was a far better ending than the ending of Arkham Asylum, that's for damn sure.

I thought it ended the trilogy brilliantly, was incredibly risky but delved into the characters of Batman and Joker, and perfectly characterised Batman's relationship with fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I haven't gotten the knightfall protocol ending yet but i loved the regular ending. Brilliant way to finish up the trilogy. Best portrayal of Mr. J out of any Bat stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I haven't gotten the knightfall protocol ending yet but i loved the regular ending. Brilliant way to finish up the trilogy. Best portrayal of Mr. J out of any Bat stuff.

Yeah found the ending sequence with Joker to be brilliant. The scene
    where the batman statues appear every time you turn around reminded me of the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Will the Red Hood dlc come as part of the season pass, or have I completely missed out as I didn't buy from Gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Will the Red Hood dlc come as part of the season pass, or have I completely missed out as I didn't buy from Gamestop?

It'll be in the season pass come august same with the Harley Quinn DLC
    Was reading online that the season of infamy DLC villains supposedly are:
    Killer Croc
    Mad Hatter
    Black Mask
    Mr Freeze
    Ra's Al Ghul
    Prometheus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Staying out of this thread for fear of spoilers.

But the Riddler race tracks and Batmobile bits are so bad. Spoiling the game nearly having to use the car so much. I hate the fecking thing.

I just stick to the rooftops, because any time I drive that thing I get into Tanks Battles and wreck half the city in the process or simply by my driving. Wrecking Cities is for Superman. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeah i really dislike the bat mobile, it seems forced. Like a pony that's learned a new trick all it wants to do is show it off.
    have just taken down the cloudburst and that was such a chore for me, i cleared the cobras, then died and i re-spawned at that exact spot not having to take out the cobras. I then checked when was the last save and turned off the game as i had to go out knowing that's great, i'll come back, the 6 tanks will be gone and i'll just kick the cloud burst's ass. booted back up and there were the 6 tanks again. I nearly gave up there and then. If it wasn't for the games other bits being so damn great I would have

• Advertisement

Creamy, there's a BMobile upgrade that when you shoot the canon, it adds as a beacon for the Cobra to check out so shoot it at a wall away from you, the cobra will go to check it out and you disable it nice and quick, makes the battles much easier.

As for the saves, got caught with that a few times as well. When you press start and exit, it tells you when the last save was. If it was a good bit back, I try to something quick like solve a near riddle, something that forces a save.

ERG, Some of them sound interesting but after the shyte quality of the side quests in the main game, I'll definitely be waiting for a review. Going by the main game, we will get introduced to one of the new villains and then have to do a combat/predator room or race and then do the same thing 4 or 5 times before getting to lock up the villain. Hope I'm wrong though and each has a nice little story to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Just started this this morning? Do you have to find the firefighters in Bleake island in order? Gone to a few of the locations and no thugs to be seen? Also is advancing the main story by selecting the mission at 12 o clock on the mission wheel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just started this this morning? Do you have to find the firefighters in Bleake island in order? Gone to a few of the locations and no thugs to be seen? Also is advancing the main story by selecting the mission at 12 o clock on the mission wheel?

I don't know if there is an order, I generally just end up spotting a large wedge of goons and it flags as a rescue when you get close enough. Use the detective vision and look for large groups that don't move much (rioters on the streets will run around).

Yeah, the 12 o clock is the main campaign story.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Creamy, there's a BMobile upgrade that when you shoot the canon, it adds as a beacon for the Cobra to check out so shoot it at a wall away from you, the cobra will go to check it out and you disable it nice and quick, makes the battles much easier.

Just noticed that after the battle and have upgraded, still was a pain in the proverbial bat ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

This game has made me hate the batmobile :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Same, the only good thing about it, is you can boost eject out of the rotten thing at some speed and glide to where you need to without having to drive it.

Out of Tank Mode I actually don't mind it but seriously its so ****ing forced on you.
    Oh building on fire, that bomb in the ground, better tow down that makeshift bridge/elevator or something stopping progress like turrets your forced to use the Batmobile

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just started this this morning? Do you have to find the firefighters in Bleake island in order? Gone to a few of the locations and no thugs to be seen?

They're not necessarily at the point, they're near there, so you've to go there and check the surrounding areas for a gang of thugs. Often you'll overhear them and it'll point in the direction that it's coming from, or a quick glide around with detective mode on should show them up. Order is irrelevant.

I must be one of the only people that grew to love the Batmobile... Switching it to 'toggle' rather than 'hold' made the world of difference with controlling it, so that LT/L2 became the brake/reverse.

Star Lord wrote: »
    I must be one of the only people that grew to love the Batmobile... Switching it to 'toggle' rather than 'hold' made the world of difference with controlling it, so that LT/L2 became the brake/reverse.

I grew to kind of like the Batmobile too. Agree that changing the control seriously improves the use of it. And it was used pretty well in some of the riddler sections or trophies.

Let's face it, it's the 4th Batman game, and the city is f*cking huge. They had to bring in the Batmobile to vary up gameplay at the very least. Whether it stands up to the rest of the game, almost definitely not, but I thought it was a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Yo Dawg, I hear you like Platforming Riddler Challenges? So we put the Batmobile in your Platforming Riddler Challenges!!!!

• Advertisement

Yupp, same with me, I came around to the batmobile around 65% through the game. Changing the control scheme and upgrading it full ASAP made it much more bearable and now I'm actually finding it handy while I'm hunting down the riddles. Man, the riddles on this one are way cleverer than the other games.

Man, the riddles on this one are way cleverer than the other games.

One of them I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out. When it finally dawned on me how to do it, all I could do was laugh. So simple, but you have that many gadgets that I was convinced I needed to use a remote batarang to break something when I actually needed explosive gel on something I'd pulled out with the Batmobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Spent most of today playing this for first time even though got it on release; really enjoying it and that's taking it slow trying to figure out controls etc! Game seems huge and really keeps your attention; barely noticed the day sloping away! Looking forward to progressing in it! Doesn't seem to be too much of a hindrance that I didn't play previous games

Bad Horse wrote: »
    One of them I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out. When it finally dawned on me how to do it, all I could do was laugh. So simple, but you have that many gadgets that I was convinced I needed to use a remote batarang to break something when I actually needed explosive gel on something I'd pulled out with the Batmobile.

Oh was that one in the shipping container and you and to turn off the steam, felt like a right fool when I saw the tiny green ? on the piece I'd pulled out.

Oh was that one in the shipping container and you and to turn off the steam, felt like a right fool when I saw the tiny green ? on the piece I'd pulled out.

That was the one. Spent ages throwing in remote batarangs and hitting the part that said it was fragile. Also spent a while trying to block the vents with freeze grenades.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I actually liked the Batmobile. I just hated that it was shoehorned into the story so much, especially in regards boss fights.

tok9 wrote: »
    I actually liked the Batmobile. I just hated that it was shoehorned into the story so much, especially in regards boss fights.

Just been playing the Arkham Knight tank boss fight...turned it off after 3 attempts fúcking stupid that he basically is up your arse even when you fly across the map I hit him 4 times & then he catches me when he spams missiles....its basically this game at its very worst.
    Spent the last hour in the Batmobile & nearly want the game to be near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Am I the only one finding the AR Challenge "Road Rage" (one of the very 1st ones you come across, where you need to Slam into manned cars with rockets driving around Chinatown) to be stupidly hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

ERG89 wrote: »
    Just been playing the Arkham Knight tank boss fight...turned it off after 3 attempts fúcking stupid that he basically is up your arse even when you fly across the map I hit him 4 times & then he catches me when he spams missiles....its basically this game at its very worst.
    Spent the last hour in the Batmobile & nearly want the game to be near the end.
    I was stuck doing that for a bit yesterday. It's a moronic boss fight. The fact that he teleports behind you no matter what was driving me mad. I eventually got him when I found a small square that had a kind of tower in the middle of it that was the width of the tank. So I'd peek out one side, fire a shot and then just keep him on the other side until my gun reloaded and his missiles fired. I still died several times during it.

It just such a let down after the
    film studio
    section that had brilliantly dark story elements in it. I've still more to go, so I'm hoping it picks up (and has less batmobile sections, but I still have the Riddle races to deal with :( )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

batgirl-620x264.jpg

http://www.arkhamverse.com/news/2015/07/8155/

The Batgirl DLC will be set in a Theme Park and will have her and Robin team up to rescue Commisioner Gordon from Joker and Harley Quinn. Hacking will be a big part of her skills
    “We wanted to recreate the feeling of being trapped in a bizarre and unique open environment playing a game of cat and mouse with the Joker,” says design producer Justin Vazquez.

“Hacking is really what separates her from the other characters. It’s a gameplay mechanic with which the player can create situations for Batgirl to really shine,” Vazquez says. “Our intention was that Batgirl should be less powerful than Batman, but that Batgirl plus hacking could give her opportunities do things that not even Batman can pull off.”

“Seeing these four iconic characters together at the same time will be a real thrill,” Vazquez says. And for the first time in the Arkham series, Harley will be sporting her trademark black and red ensemble from Batman: The Animated Series.

“[It’s] a love letter to the original game that started this incredible franchise,” Vazquez says.

Advertisement