Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

ERG89 wrote: »
    Just been playing the Arkham Knight tank boss fight...turned it off after 3 attempts fúcking stupid that he basically is up your arse even when you fly across the map I hit him 4 times & then he catches me when he spams missiles....its basically this game at its very worst.
    Spent the last hour in the Batmobile & nearly want the game to be near the end.
    humanji wrote: »
    I was stuck doing that for a bit yesterday. It's a moronic boss fight. The fact that he teleports behind you no matter what was driving me mad. I eventually got him when I found a small square that had a kind of tower in the middle of it that was the width of the tank. So I'd peek out one side, fire a shot and then just keep him on the other side until my gun reloaded and his missiles fired. I still died several times during it.

It just such a let down after the
    film studio
    section that had brilliantly dark story elements in it. I've still more to go, so I'm hoping it picks up (and has less batmobile sections, but I still have the Riddle races to deal with :( )

I was stuck on this for ages yesterday as well. What eventually worked for me was to wait till the tank was in a narrow area (e.g. between a couple of buildings), then shoot it and afterburner away. Keep driving till the tank's overcharge bar runs out and it stops chasing you. The tank is really fast, but it doesn't seem to handle corners as well as the Batmobile, so take advantage of that.

It really is stupidly tedious though. I was actually enjoying the Batmobile bits up till that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I just used tank mode and dodging... found that pretty easy, taking out the cobras to get to him without getting caught by a few of them and his tank was harder...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

arkham knight tank boss fight is annoying, but there is a later one in the batmobile that I found much more enjoyable but it was also a mode that didnt use the tank mode at all.

It's weird sony remaking battlezone when Rocksteady already did here, no point to make another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

tailgunner wrote: »
    I was stuck on this for ages yesterday as well. What eventually worked for me was to wait till the tank was in a narrow area (e.g. between a couple of buildings), then shoot it and afterburner away. Keep driving till the tank's overcharge bar runs out and it stops chasing you. The tank is really fast, but it doesn't seem to handle corners as well as the Batmobile, so take advantage of that.

It really is stupidly tedious though. I was actually enjoying the Batmobile bits up till that point.
    Just finished that battle last night too. Was driving me f**king nuts! Stupid and annoying.
    Not a fan of the story line immediately leading up to that either to be honest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Will it be worth getting the Season Pass? I'm enjoying the game but the Batmobile sections are pants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

faceman wrote: »
    Will it be worth getting the Season Pass? I'm enjoying the game but the Batmobile sections are pants.

The season pass is overpriced at €40. You're better off waiting a few months and see what type of content is released or wait for it to go on sale .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    Just finished that battle last night too. Was driving me f**king nuts! Stupid and annoying.
    Not a fan of the story line immediately leading up to that either to be honest.

Yupp the
    looking for a tree root, the protecting the tree from waves of drones, then taking out the Cobra tanks while leaving the Arkham Knights Cloudburst Tank until last for a cheap boss fight.
    I didn't mind the Joker bit with Jason Todd but honestly its like its thrown in at the last minute because the Arkham Knight & Scarecrow are such boring villains in this they had to use the Joker again.
    Honestly even without the Batmobile the only thing saving it from being worse than Origins was the bugs in that game but even Origins had an amazing Boss fight with Deathstroke which alone tops anything I've played so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Most of the posts here make the game sound like a big pile of meh. For someone who loved Asylum but found City a bit dull and monotonous, I presume this game wouldn't be for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Most of the posts here make the game sound like a big pile of meh. For someone who loved Asylum but found City a bit dull and monotonous, I presume this game wouldn't be for me?

I'm thinking the exact same.

Delighted I picked up The Witcher instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The game is brilliant lads, yeah the batmobile takes some getting used to but it's still a class game game with a great main story that closes up the trilogy nicely. It's a bit short and the sidequests are a bit repetitive but still a great game. (All imo of course)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This. For me this game is a let down and a big step back overall, yes it is good but for me Asylum is still the best game of the lot. I wasn't too mad about City either, couldn't bring myself to even finish it. Asylum was a classic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Corvo wrote: »
    I'm thinking the exact same.

Delighted I picked up The Witcher instead.

i played the witcher and found it so boring
    go here talk to this person
    go back to the person who asked you to talk to that person
    so on so on

the side quests tracking the monster are all basicly the same yet its ok for the witcher to do it and like 90% of these open world games but for this game its a different story its side missions are repetitive but so are all the other open world games

open world as a thing in general is something im gettjng highly bored with

give me a strong meaty single player story
    tombraider
    last of us
    dead space etc and i will replay it for sure

open world s like

assassin creed
    far cry
    watchdogs

not a chance id go through those again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

biggebruv wrote: »
    ...the side quests tracking the monster are all basicly the same yet its ok for the witcher to do it and like 90% of these open world games but for this game its a different story its side missions are repetitive but so are all the other open world games...

But just because the boring side quests are like other open world games (OWG), that doesn't make it OK in my opinion. I'm not the biggest fan of OWG either but for some reason The Witcher has just sucked me in. It hasn't felt like a chore to play. However I agree with the rest of your post. I quickly lost interest in games like Far Cry & GTAV despite it being the best GTA to date from a technical perspective.

Getting back to Batman. I'm surprised Arkham City got the review scores it did. Not a patch on Asylum. Maybe that's what influenced Rocksteady to keep to the same formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm surprised Arkham City got the review scores it did. Not a patch on Asylum. Maybe that's what influenced Rocksteady to keep to the same formula.

Fanboyism and It gives initial good impressions.... I doubt most reviews actually finish games tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So with PSN being broken yet again I went back and put another hour in Batman. I've really been struggling to get into it and the main reason is the Batmobile. There are no redeeming features of this mechanic. And worse it appears the whole game has been built around it.

I'm still getting through the ACE Chemicals mission but you can't walk 10 steps without being told you need the Batmobile to progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I preferred City over Asylum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I would also agree that the game is great. I'm only sharing the negatives because of how much I like Batman in general and wish the game could have been made even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

It's good but also bad, at times I'm like woooo and 20 mins later ughhhhh then wooo again.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

tok9 wrote: »
    I would also agree that the game is great. I'm only sharing the negatives because of how much I like Batman in general and wish the game could have been made even better.

Playable batwing DLC would be sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

no its not.

I'm not saying its a bad game, but it is the sequel to city and carries more elements from that then Asylum, its an open world game and not a metroidvania.

which is enough if you didnt like city to consider giving it a pass unless something sticks out that really looks good to you.

simple as...

on the flip side taking the above but talking spoilers for the overall plot
    The game needed Arkham to be a playable area midgame, look the flashy jason todd hullicinations were nice but there needed to be a point in the middle/latter half of the game where someone (maybe not batman) went to arkham just to mix the pace and focus up a bit and it brought more directly the jason todd story into the series cause its literally a throw away line that explains why todd becomes the arkham knight in this version, cause in the comics his death had nothing to do with arkham and all those dialogue bits with alfred trying to find an arkham link seem so stupidly irrelevent in hindsight, but to have someone like nightwing or robin (or perhaps catwoman when you free her) exploring arkham communicating with batman over radio looking for clues, finding the abandoned wing and putting together the bones that will make up jason todd's role in the arkham universe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got the Knightfall ending.
    Class way to go out imo. Looooooong credits but cool seeing scenes from the whole series. WTF was that at the end coming down on the robbers? I was hoping that would be unlocked as a skin or something.
    Really enjoyed it as a whole and is in my top 3 gaming franchises of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Anyone know if Cex would trade in the PS4 bundle copies of this that have 'Not to be sold seperately' on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Cokeistan wrote: »
    Anyone know if Cex would trade in the PS4 bundle copies of this that have 'Not to be sold seperately' on them?

Dunno, could always whack it up on Adverts, you'd get €30-€40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Cokeistan wrote: »

Often seen DVD's with 'Not to be sold separately' on sale in Cex.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah should be fine, pretty sure I've traded bundle copies in there before.

AFAIK that 'Not to be sold separately' doesn't actually have any weight to it, according to the lad in Supervalu anyway when I asked about the Coke cans :pac:

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just got the Knightfall ending.
    Class way to go out imo. Looooooong credits but cool seeing scenes from the whole series. WTF was that at the end coming down on the robbers? I was hoping that would be unlocked as a skin or something.
    Really enjoyed it as a whole and is in my top 3 gaming franchises of all time.

I took it one of 2 ways either
    Bats using fear gas after killing off wayne so he can be batman full time
    or more likely
    it was azrael

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

There are lightning deals coming up for the collectors edition of this on Amazon at 10:30, both PS4 and XB1

maximoose wrote: »
    There are lightning deals coming up for the collectors edition of this on Amazon at 10:30, both PS4 and XB1

Probably lots of them cancelled when they delayed shipping them I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I took it one of 2 ways either
    Bats using fear gas after killing off wayne so he can be batman full time
    or more likely
    it was azrael
    I disagree. I'd say it's Bruce coming back to be Batman full time, either using fear gas or that what we saw is merely representative of the fear the criminals felt when they realised Batman was back.

The Knightfall protocol obviously didn't kill Bruce & Alfred, they merely went into hiding for a few years to make everyone think Batman was dead, to protect themselves and the rest of the Bat-Family. I think it makes sense for Bruce to come back after a few years which would make people think someone else has become Batman, while also allowing Bruce to become Batman full-time. After all, I don't think that Bruce couldn't not be Batman.

Course, it could be a third option of Jason Todd becoming Batman and using Scarecrow's fear toxin (which he'd have knowledge of having worked for him). I'd seriously doubt they went with Azrael though, he played far too small a part in the story.

Advertisement