Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Apprehended all the criminals and solved riddlers final challenge expecting to get the full knightfall ending. Then riddler tells me I have to find all 248 of his trophies to fight him, FCUK THAT.

Gonna try the scarecrow missions and harley quinn story now.

Edit: just blitzed through the scarecrow missions, wow that was disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Apprehended all the criminals and solved riddlers final challenge expecting to get the full knightfall ending. Then riddler tells me I have to find all 248 of his trophies to fight him, FCUK THAT.

Gonna try the scarecrow missions and harley quinn story now.

Edit: just blitzed through the scarecrow missions, wow that was disappointing.
    rushed dlc so sony could say they had exclusive content

same with harley quinn aloada poop

biggebruv wrote: »
    rushed dlc so sony could say they had exclusive content

same with harley quinn aloada poop

Yeah the harley quinn story was actually fun while it lasted, all 20 minutes of it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yeah the harley quinn story was actually fun while it lasted, all 20 minutes of it.

Was it 20? like 3 fight rooms and a few cinematics :pac:

Was it 20? like 3 fight rooms and a few cinematics :pac:

Ha your skills are obviously sharper than mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

welp i got the 100% very satisfying hearing riddler go nuts when your down to the last 5 riddles lol

i enjoyed the ending cutscene it was a clever way to make more people actually go get the riddles i know there very time consuming but you can tell alot of effort goes into them.

so is that ending going to be continued with some DLC??

Meh I just can't enjoy the riddler stuff at all anymore, it was cool and new in Asylum but it's just gotten stale at this stage imo.

The more I think of the harley quinn and scarecrow dlc the more it annoys me. I was expecting at least an hour or two out of each. Can't believe the harley quinn stuff was advertised as a key selling point for the preorder bundle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

First off, let me just say that locking the proper ending behind 100% completion is complete and utter bull****.
    Watched it on youtube, as i've absolutely no interest in collectables, and i wasn't doing 200+ riddles after everything else.

Now that that's out of the way, it was a brilliant game. Really enjoyed the story, with some superb moments throughout. Pretty much all the
    Joker scenes were great, and i loved controlling Batman as Joker, even if only very briefly
    . Wasn't sure about the batmobile at first, but once it was upgraded a bit it grew on me. Had hoped we'd get some scenes on the what happened the other characters afterwards, but i'm sure there'll be more games so we'll see eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I 100% it, did all the Riddler stuff. They could have easily knocked that down, hated the trophies that you just picked up, loved the mini puzzle ones. Should have just been 50 of those. Especially when the you pick up a trophy, which triggers Riddler contacting you, who goes on about an unfinished Riddler room when you just picked the thing up from beside the water.

The lack of boss fights really annoyed me and those that were there, mostly included the use of the batmobile.

Overall though I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

rizzla wrote: »
    I 100% it, did all the Riddler stuff.

How long did that take?

I don't think I could stomach it, I hate the riddler bits since they went crazy with Arkham City. They were good in Arkham Asylum.

Overall it was a good game, not as good as Arkham Asylum but better than the other two.

Disgusted that the Knightfall ending is hidden behind have to do the riddler stuff, maybe if there was only 100 riddles I would attempt it, but nearly 300 and I've avoided them all during the story cause I hate them so much since AC.

I wasn't a fan of the Batmobile either, I just used its boost eject to fly to where ever I wanted, I didn't use it when I didn't have to. Plus playing the tank battle it stopped feeling like a Batman game and more like a Battlefield game.

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    How long did that take?

Maybe 4-6 hours. I didn't use a guide, instead I went around the islands interrogating henchmen. Probably could be done alot quicker if just using a guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

rizzla wrote: »
    Maybe 4-6 hours. I didn't use a guide, instead I went around the islands interrogating henchmen. Probably could be done alot quicker if just using a guide.

Yeah it really doesn't take all that long. Most are out in the open or require very little work. And some of the Riddler items are breakables etc, so again, require very little work. Interrogating Riddler thugs marks them all on the map.

The only time-consuming element is that some of the riddles are hard to do even when you know the answer, but you just can't find what you need to scan, and some of the riddler challenges can be tricky to do and get right. But again, most trophies are just sitting out in the open. It really doesn't take that long to do them all, it's just a bit repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was really hoping to get more out of this. i miss the old challenge maps, don't like the new ones, about 8 combat and stealth ones with about 20 batmobile ones, very annoying. Think i might trade this in while i will still get goodish value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Just gunna throw this in here as Im yet to get a reply in the bargain thread.

Anyone know a cheap place I could pick up Arkham Asylum/City for the Xbox 360? Preferably a digital download?

Cheapest I can find for Asylum is 20 euro.

Now that looks class!

Edit, sorry Pic is huge, here is the link. The 1989 film skin and batmobile with new races with courses inspired by the film. DLC for the season pass.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/07/1989-Batmobile-with-Batman-Skin.jpg

Also, I'm reading the Batgirl DLC is around 45 minutes long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The 1989 film skin and batmobile with new races with courses inspired by the film. DLC for the season pass

:rolleyes:
    I'm reading the Batgirl DLC is around 45 minutes long :(

:rolleyes:

Not good enough Warner Bros.
    Must Try harder.
    3/10

(seriously though the DLC value for money is crap)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

These are some of the other skins coming out in the next few months
    CJ4m_giWoAAEcST.jpg:large

I hate that season passes exist. I also hate that dlc exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Am I the only one who thinks skins are pointless?

sheehy83 wrote: »

That looks class.

Still not a even close to a good reason to drop 40 quid on a season pass tho.

• Advertisement

Riddler trophies done finally and full knightfall done. I'd youtubed the ending last week anyway but to be honest the scene before hand with
    Catwoman after the riddler fight
    which many of the videos don't show was far more rewarding imo.

I'm done with this now , they can keep the over priced season pass and from reports from some quarters buggy and short DLC.

It was a good game for sure but not one I'll remember or talk about with people with any sense of it being a must play game over the rest of the AAA releases this year or any other.

Where do they go with it from here is question? Ok rocksteady are out and done with the "trilogy" but no way was this the last of we'll see of a WB arkham game. To be honest 1 more game like this and they will have successfully crossed the line into Assassins creed territory albeit a game every 2 years but changing very little in terms of gameplay :confused:

If there are more Batman games from them (WB) I just don't see how they can do anything now that won't be more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That looks class.

Still not a even close to a good reason to drop 40 quid on a season pass tho.

.That and the Batgirl DLC is only 1 hr long. All the DLC so far is a joke. CDPR is utting developers with overpriced DLC to shame. CDPR has released free DLC that is longer.

I'll wait till this pass is on sale as it's not worth €40. Actually I think I'll just pass on it all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

.That and the Batgirl DLC is only 1 hr long. All the DLC so far is a joke. CDPR is utting developers with overpriced DLC to shame. CDPR has released free DLC that is longer.

I'll wait till this pass is on sale as it's not worth €40. Actually I think I'll just pass on it all together.

Plus the €25 season pass content for The Witcher 3 is apparently as much as Witcher 2. Which makes this look like even worse value.

It would be cool if the final piece of dlc was a huge expansion, like if they went back to Arkham, another prison break scenario, I'd be ok with that. Make it more Metroid again.

But I can't see that happen so I have the game in my car and will be trading it in straight after work. I gots all me achievements from it :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Riddler trophies done finally and full knightfall done. I'd youtubed the ending last week anyway but to be honest the scene before hand with
    Catwoman after the riddler fight
    which many of the videos don't show was far more rewarding imo.

I didn't even know that scene existed till you mentioned it. Which is a shame, as it was a pretty good scene. Plus, it actually makes the final scene of the 100% ending make more sense now.

Still total bull**** locking it behind 100% completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Kiith wrote: »
    I didn't even know that scene existed till you mentioned it. Which is a shame, as it was a pretty good scene. Plus, it actually makes the final scene of the 100% ending make more sense now.

Still total bull**** locking it behind 100% completion.

Scenes that without Youtube me and millions of others would never have seen.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Scenes that without Youtube me and millions of others would never have seen.

Well, yeah, they're a reward for completing the game 100%. I know people complain about the Riddler trophies, and some of those complaints are valid, but without having to resort to Youtube, if you want the full ending, beat the game fully.

Bad Horse wrote: »
    Well, yeah, they're a reward for completing the game 100%. I know people complain about the Riddler trophies, and some of those complaints are valid, but without having to resort to Youtube, if you want the full ending, beat the game fully.

Its just that it is such a monotonous chore.

Last Batman game I will pay for anyways, if the Batmobile/Tank features heavily from now on.

I always just ignore riddler, worst part of the games since AC. This time, I thought it was just the races you had to do, so I did them, they were awful, such rubbish, then Riddler says I will fight when you collect 300 riddles.

You can F&%k off Riddler.

Its just that it is such a monotonous chore.

I agree, and that is definitely the most valid complaint about them. What they should do is not have the breakables, the guys with bombs or the riddler trophies you can just easily pick up. Just have the riddles and the trophies where you have to figure out how to get the trophy. Instantly, that's over half the trophies removed. And maybe cap it at 100 total (think AK was somewhere around 260).

• Advertisement

Riddler stuff, way too much of it. Asylum nailed the Riddler stuff, AC went *Bat*crazy with it an even though it's almost halved, still way too much. Agree with Horse, Zero need for breakables. Some of the trophies were hard to gifure out how to get but I really liked the ones that lead you to a little secret location with a nod to a certain character that you might have never seen without looking for the trophy.

But locking the endng behind 100% was like the devs knew their side quests were monotonous and boring and needed to give people a reason for doing the same stuff over and over and to finish them.

I see Batgirl is getting very average reviews with the same tone (too short, wasted character, limited space).

The only thing that can save the season pass now are the new villains who will invade Gotham but I see them being just like Penguin and 2 face side quests, mindless combat & predator rooms.

Advertisement