Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Bad Horse wrote: »
    (think AK was somewhere around 260).

290something.

This is a silly gripe of mine in a game that has superheroes and supernatural and fantastical elements, but it also bugs me how the Riddler is fit to go around the Asylum, Arkham City Prison and now Gotham City itself twice and place riddles and trophies all over the place. It would take years, maybe decades to build his contraptions.

But in AK, he can make giant mechanised underground race courses too, without anyone knowing or preventing him. (granted in AK, it seems he had people place some of the trophies, but its still ridiculous).

I liked all incarnations of the Riddler (comic and animated, not Jim Carrey, lets not get carried away here) before I played the Arkham games. I can't stand the Arkham version of Riddler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Locking the ending like that, was obviously the work of a sadist.

D*ck move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    You can F&%k off Riddler.

*joke about brain freeze*

I dunno, Asylum's the only one where I finished the Riddler stuff on my own. Couldn't be bothered with City's, Origins filler wasn't worth the hassle but I finished Knight with a guide so I could see the full ending

And face Riddler because I love that guy.

And get closure for his arc.

And want that question mark shirt.

Maybe it would have been better if people hadn't been told about the coda in the game and it was just a little reward for completionists and cheaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Ridley wrote: »
    I finished Knight with a guide so I could see the full ending

Maybe it would have been better if people hadn't been told about the coda in the game and it was just a little reward for completionists and cheaters

Cheater :p

Ah no I've never liked the riddler stuff always felt like filler stuck onto the side and it felt especially pointless this time around when riddler already had so much in the game. I gave up when I had only him left, got 40 or 50 trophies in and looked it up on youtube after I finished everything else. It probably would be easier to do if you just did a few everytime you load up the game or finish a section, keep chipping away at them.

I might do it using a guide when i do my new game+ playthrough in a while just to actually get the riddler boss battle. But i think i'll hold out on it so I can play through with the Batman89 skin :cool:

Hopefully we get a few more movie skins and batmobiles. I'd love a dark knight skin and tumbler.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like AK won't release on PC until at least September....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/16/retailer-memo-says-batman-arkham-knight-on-pc-broken-until-september

This is definitely in the lead for the 'WTF were they thinking' award in the year end Boards Games awards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    But in AK, he can make giant mechanised underground race courses too, without anyone knowing or preventing him. (granted in AK, it seems he had people place some of the trophies, but its still ridiculous).

This 100% annoys me too. By the 2nd one I was like "Come On! How the F**k did you build this thing!"

I never thought 'Aw Eddie, how did you build this race track' but instead it was 'Aw Rocksteady/WB, we get it, you want us to use the Batmobile as much as possible as you've spent a lot of time on it".

I really like the Riddler fromthe Arkham games, a great mix of genius and stupidity and his voice actor does a great job changing for chirpy excitement to psycho in a single sentence.

"Hi is this ESB networks?"
    "Yes, Julie Speaking"
    "Right, I'm doing some underground drilling here and wanted to check for some cables"
    "Ok, can you tell me roughly how wide the hole is"
    "Yeah, between about 18 feet and 80 hundred feet in diameter"
    "Wow, yeah, It's likely you're going to encounter wires there so alright, how deep down are you"
    "Oh about 120 feet underground"
    "Ah well you should be ok, we install the majority of our wiring in the upper 12 feet"
    "Great, always good to check"
    "No problem Mr.Nigma, you have a great day, don't forget to check with Board Gais"
    "Thanks Julie, have a nice weekend,you've been very helpful"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Warner Brothers are somehow not hated as much as EA and Ubisoft and I don't understand why not tbh. They've done a lot of ****ty thing.

tok9 wrote: »
    Warner Brothers are somehow not hated as much as EA and Ubisoft and I don't understand why not tbh. They've done a lot of ****ty thing.

I agree and then I looked up a list of games they publish. Couldn't believe I saw they published Witcher 3 (America). Maybe they don't have as much input with some studios as others or else Witcher 3 DLC's would have cost an easy 65 to 75 euro.

I spose they will always have pull when it comes to Batman.

Anyway, got rid of the game a while ago, got Dying Light trade in. Only had like 4 trophies left to get but just wasn't enjoying getting them so no point.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »

Yup, see at 1:50

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Finished the main storyline lastnight, enjoyed that ending.

Had 13/14 Most Wanted completed and started off collecting Riddler trophies, got bored after about 10 mins. It's just such a slog. Youtubed the Knightfall ending.

Now, Lego Batman 3 is calling me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

loved the first few hours of this game but now the car is getting very repetitive and the side missions seem to have no thought in them,about half way through on main story, i think i will just do the story missions as the side missions are exactly the same for the characters.

pretty disappointed in the game overall compared to city or asylum. feels overcrowded and full of bloated second rate missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone else having trouble keeping up with firefly in the batmobile? It was one of my early quests and lost him twice almost immediately and havent gone back...i'm now 80% through the game i should really man up and go try him again i was afraid i'd fail the quest altogether but it just seems to reset to the start if you dont follow him

Ps i have to keep using battle mode for any sort of intricate driving normal driving is a PITA at speed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

jones wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble keeping up with firefly in the batmobile? It was one of my early quests and lost him twice almost immediately and havent gone back...i'm now 80% through the game i should really man up and go try him again i was afraid i'd fail the quest altogether but it just seems to reset to the start if you dont follow him

He's fairly easy to stay with. Just avoid his fire that he drops and use afterburner on the long straights and power slide into turns. There's not much more to it than that.

You have to race him 4 or 5 different times to put him away.

He's fairly easy to stay with. Just avoid his fire that he drops and use afterburner on the long straights and power slide into turns. There's not much more to it than that.

You have to race him 4 or 5 different times to put him away.

I think when i first tried the mission i was still getting used to the batmobile i'm assuming i'd be better at it now...the driving reminded me of watchdogs to begin with sliding and overpowered. I'll give it a bash later i want to finish off all the side missions before i finish the story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Great game, finished it a few days ago. Arkham Asylum was the only game I 100%'d everything. I cba doing all the riddles. Just a grind with little to no enjoyment coming from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I think when i first tried the mission i was still getting used to the batmobile i'm assuming i'd be better at it now...the driving reminded me of watchdogs to begin with sliding and overpowered. I'll give it a bash later i want to finish off all the side missions before i finish the story

If you did the riddler race tracks and were able to complete them you should be grand chasing firefly

If you did the riddler race tracks and were able to complete them you should be grand chasing firefly

Yeah completed all the riddler challenges (apart from the final boss fight which is obviously after you collect everything)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

My tips would be to just keep pace with Firefly, a few mins into chasing him he starts to loose fuel I believe because he slows considerably and makes catching him easy.

• Advertisement

Yeah completed all the riddler challenges (apart from the final boss fight which is obviously after you collect everything)

If you managed to do the last lap of challenge 9 then you can do anything with the Batmobile. You can take down Firefly with your eyes closed.

I can't finish the last lap because that feckin vertical U bend. Gave up on it, sorry Catwoman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I can't finish the last lap because that feckin vertical U bend. Gave up on it, sorry Catwoman.

That was a right pain in the ass. A thruster boost after the first turn and aim straight for the road that you're dropping down onto did the trick for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Only recently started playing and I am enjoying it a lot so far.

One thing I want to ask about is the side missions. I am finding it a bit of a pain to find them, in that I will do a part of a quest/mission and then have no idea what to do to find the next part of it. I have sort of stumbled upon the next parts a few times (eg: randomly flying around I will hear opera music and know there is a murder victim nearby). Or will hear a radio transmission which gives a clue.

But I seem to spend time just flying/driving around to hope I stumble upon the next part of a side mission. And then after about 10 minutes of doing this I will give up and do the next part of the main story. However in these games I usually progress the main story bit by bit, while also doing loads of side missions. Batman doesn't seem to lend itself to this....so I am progressing the main story too quickly in my mind.

Am I missing something?

Other than that I am really enjoying the game so far.

The best way of finding side missions is by gliding around with detective mode on while paying attention to the radio scanner. Sometimes you can't do any more until you progress the story before they will appear or they are locked out. The mission select wheel will show if and when they are locked out.

Cool, thanks. It just seems like there isn't a huge amount for me to do other than the main missions. I think I might be spoilt coming straight from The Witcher 3! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Noopti wrote: »
    Cool, thanks. It just seems like there isn't a huge amount for me to do other than the main missions. I think I might be spoilt coming straight from The Witcher 3! :P

Also, be sure to check the Missions wheel. Some of them might say "Intel". If you make that your current mission, it'll start it and show you where to go.

Bad Horse wrote: »
    Also, be sure to check the Missions wheel. Some of them might say "Intel". If you make that your current mission, it'll start it and show you where to go.

Yeah I do select missions on that wheel, they seem to pulse when they have something new which will display on the map?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Noopti wrote: »
    Yeah I do select missions on that wheel, they seem to pulse when they have something new which will display on the map?

When they pulse and say Intel underneath, if you make it your current mission it'll give you a waypoint, and Batman/Alfred will say something.

Helps a lot with the firemen/militia ones especially.

So if you play this on Halloweed, or just set your platform clock to 31st October 2015, you can get an extra scene if you have captured
    Man-Bat
    . Wonder what other secrets like this are out there.

Won't embed in case people want the associated side quest character hidden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfDRazIVwSU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Started this tonight.

Fúck the Batmobile. Firing machine guns and rockets, that isn't Batman. It's shoehorned into nearly everything in the first couple of hours too. Just when I'm getting into the good stuff like gliding around, stealth, fighting I get interrupted with crap like a race course for Riddler, using it to operate a lift, setting up ramps for it and there's a fúcking platforming section with the thing!

I love the Arkham games but God, the Batmobile is a pain in the hole.

Advertisement