Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

J. Marston wrote: »
    Started this tonight.

Fúck the Batmobile. Firing machine guns and rockets, that isn't Batman. It's shoehorned into nearly everything in the first couple of hours too. Just when I'm getting into the good stuff like gliding around, stealth, fighting I get interrupted with crap like a race course for Riddler, using it to operate a lift, setting up ramps for it and there's a fúcking platforming section with the thing!

I love the Arkham games but God, the Batmobile is a pain in the hole.

Thats the thing. They spent a lot of effort building it so they felt like they had to make the player use it with rubbish tank combat and platforming stuff. Not needed.

Actually just driving round in it, feels okay. Because its your choice and you arent forced into using it.

Now everyone hates it because the tank sections are a chore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I don't hate it. I quite like it, even the tank battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Noopti wrote: »
    I don't hate it. I quite like it, even the tank battles.

I think they needed the tank battles. I loved Arkham City but it was constantly just Predator Room - Combat Room - Predator Room - Combat Room.

The tank battles may have been overdone, but their inclusion along with external predator areas definitely helped mix up the gameplay a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Beat the Knight himself last night, doing some more side missions before I finish up the story. Beat Pyg and Azreal as well as saving Ryder. Doing some of the militia strongholds but they seem significantly harder now. Could be due to my not playing of the game for 2 weeks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, some of the militia strongholds were definitely set to be very difficult or tricky to do, particularly if you'd not fully upgraded certain parts of Batman's arsenal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I realise that I have a real love hate relationship with this game. There are times when I'm thoroughly engaged with the game and just want to keep playing. The story has my attention and the way side quests pop up from time to time to distract is good.

But then comes along a Batmobile section where you have to destroy some drones from behind or a stupid Riddler course and I just turn off the game. I end up leaving it for a day or two before forcing myself back.

Once I'm back playing as Batman though it's all good. At this rate it will take me another 6 weeks to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Game done. Just one bomb left to find and about 100 more Riddler challenges to do. Slowly but surely!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Don't think this has been posted already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Anyway of checking how many hours iv put into this on ps4?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Making good progress in this now that I've 100% completion on some of the side missions. Some of the side missions are pox hard and I had to use upgrade points buying upgrades that I didn't want as I knew they'd only be useful for a couple of missions. Weapon strength on the batmobile being an example. I'll be glad to see the back of this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Only about 35% complete but I'm already finding it somewhat of a slog. Loved the first two and I'm a massive bat fan but can't really get into this. Flying/driving around in the hopes I trigger a side mission is pissing me off

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

stuchyg wrote: »
    Only about 35% complete but I'm already finding it somewhat of a slog. Loved the first two and I'm a massive bat fan but can't really get into this. Flying/driving around in the hopes I trigger a side mission is pissing me off

You'll get "intel" on the sidemissions as you play, so wouldn't focus too much on trying to find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

You'll get "intel" on the sidemissions as you play, so wouldn't focus too much on trying to find them.

I realise this for some but fire unit and serial killer ones don't seem to work this way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Just keep playing the game and you'll stumble upon them. For the fire crew you'll hear the thugs talking to them and the killer you'll hear opera music. I wouldn't be too worried you'll have them finished quickly enough more towards the end of the main story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Kinda pissed that the full ending is locked behind the riddler trophies.

Finished everything else though. Very enjoyable game!

The serial killer missions you will naturally stumble upon all of them. I did anyway.

I still have a few Line of a duty fireman missions to do though. I've completed the main riddler missions and I've just
    locked Robin up in a cell
    in the main story

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

stuchyg wrote: »
    I realise this for some but fire unit and serial killer ones don't seem to work this way

Yeah they do, you'll get intel of a general area - the side mission will be real close to the waymarker location, a quick scope using detective vision will pinpoint the exact location of the side mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think I'm quite near to the end of the main story now but I've a ton of side missions untouched. Does the game let you continue after the main story?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I think I'm quite near to the end of the main story now but I've a ton of side missions untouched. Does the game let you continue after the main story?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yes

You have to continue on after the main story and finish 13 of the most wanted missions for even the credits to roll. You then need to complete the last most wanted mission(usually the Riddler) to get the true ending.

Been playing for a week now and just have the Riddler trophies to finish myself, another 80 or so to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Has there been any release date announced for the 1989 Burton Batmobile/Batsuit skins? I never bother wasting money on these kind of gimmicks in most games but for some childish reason I reeeeeally want to drive around in that car :o
    The default batmobile is so so boring - only slightly improved by the 60's logo/colouring

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Still playing and 50% completion in..... Batmobile and Drone Battles have not lessened..... game is not the 2nd coming of Christ

When I hear "Remotely Access Batmobile" part of me dies

That utterly frustrating moment when
    you defeat the Arkham Knight, go to fight Scarecrow who kidnaps Gordon only to be back out on the streets with MORE new sub missions of the same button mashing monotomy

I'm only continuing to play this game to completion out of sheer anger! WHEN WILL IT BE OVER??? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Down to the last 30(is) Riddler trophy's. I completely forgot about Arkham Knight Hq South. What a head melter.

Game has been a a bit of disappointment.

The Riddler trophies where you have to use the pulse scanner are fcuking stupid.

FYP. ;)
    The Riddler trophies where you have to use the pulse scanner are fcuking stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

faceman wrote: »
    FYP. ;)

Haha cheers.

Finished the Riddler trophies tonight. Ending wasn't worth the 10+ hours I put down after I completed all the missions.

Gonna trade in this fella soon I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Got to 100%- those riddler trophies are a bloody chore. If they did the following it would be much better:

- Reduce the amount (I think 100 total would have been fine)
    - Have a better mechanic for finding them then the random spawning informants. Even if you could be shown where informants were on the map and had to fight a bunch of rioters and spare the informant to get the info. At least it would give you something to actually do to get the info. I spent ages just randomly driving around to hope an informant would spawn.

Other than that though, I loved the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Noopti wrote: »
    Got to 100%- those riddler trophies are a bloody chore. If they did the following it would be much better:

- Reduce the amount (I think 100 total would have been fine)
    - Have a better mechanic for finding them then the random spawning informants. Even if you could be shown where informants were on the map and had to fight a bunch of rioters and spare the informant to get the info. At least it would give you something to actually do to get the info. I spent ages just randomly driving around to hope an informant would spawn.

Other than that though, I loved the game.

Totally agree with the above. I've about 60 riddler trophies left to get and everything else is 100% i'm literally grinding out the trophies just to finish the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think they fact that it's an open city hurts the Riddler trophies. In Arkham Asylum, it was a pleasure to hunt them down as they were all in cool locations, where in the open world games, it's just in a city behind a grate/door/etc. I much prefer the sight ones too, when they are actually riddles, not stupid trophies. I finished all the main game, bar this. Just watched the final ending on YouTube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Is there a different trophy for the "good" ending? I really want to collect them all before i activate the knightwatch protocol but its really starting to annoy me hunting them down ha.

I've to start interrogating again to try find more have about 60 left. Agree with what others said they worked best in AA as it was enclosed environment.

Are people going to get the future DLC? I would of bought the season pass but 39.99 is a bit steep unless there is an awful amount of quality content

Advertisement