Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

jones wrote: »
    Is there a different trophy for the "good" ending? I really want to collect them all before i activate the knightwatch protocol but its really starting to annoy me hunting them down ha.

I've to start interrogating again to try find more have about 60 left. Agree with what others said they worked best in AA as it was enclosed environment.

Are people going to get the future DLC? I would of bought the season pass but 39.99 is a bit steep unless there is an awful amount of quality content

I will probably get the season pass, but not at that price. Waiting to see if WB do anything for us PC users once they get the port properly sorted.

I activated the Knightfall without having all the stuff done. I was prompted to finish the rest to see the true ending so you should be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

jones wrote: »
    Is there a different trophy for the "good" ending? I really want to collect them all before i activate the knightwatch protocol but its really starting to annoy me hunting them down ha.

I've to start interrogating again to try find more have about 60 left. Agree with what others said they worked best in AA as it was enclosed environment.

Are people going to get the future DLC? I would of bought the season pass but 39.99 is a bit steep unless there is an awful amount of quality content

I wouldn't recommend it.

The Harley Quinn pre-order pack is about 40 minutes long with one crap boss battle.

The Batgirl DLC is about an hour long and offers very little in terms of story or new gameplay features. Batgirl is actually very limited in terms of gadgets available. It's set in a big area with some collectables. It does have a very good boss battle though.

The Red Hood DLC is pathetic. Nothing interesting happens and you'll finish it in 10 minutes (no exaggeration).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I have almost all the Side Quests done and am closing in on the end of the main game.

I have about 60 Riddler things meaning I have 200 left to get.

I'm really feeling that I should just youtube the ending and f**k the Riddler stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

J. Marston wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend it.

The Harley Quinn pre-order pack is about 40 minutes long with one crap boss battle.

The Red Hood DLC is pathetic. Nothing interesting happens and you'll finish it in 10 minutes (no exaggeration).

I got both free for preordering in gamestop. Both were finished quickly, I wouldnt be the fastest at these things and I did both in about 30 mins

€20 would be an absolute push..... Not worth €40.... certainly not for skins anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Haven't been able to find all the riddler stuff on Bleke island - and having traversed the place a million times there are no riddler informer guys around either - so i'm not sure what to do.

I think it might be bugged because there is a fecking cop in GCPD that is riddler green - but there is nothing I can do with him. So while he may hold the last of my Bleke island information he either shouldn't do or I should be able to get it off him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Haven't been able to find all the riddler stuff on Bleke island - and having traversed the place a million times there are no riddler informer guys around either - so i'm not sure what to do.

I think it might be bugged because there is a fecking cop in GCPD that is riddler green - but there is nothing I can do with him. So while he may hold the last of my Bleke island information he either shouldn't do or I should be able to get it off him...

Just walk up to him and speak to him. A small cutscene should play.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

I think it might be bugged because there is a fecking cop in GCPD that is riddler green - but there is nothing I can do with him.

What do you do with normal riddler informants? *wink wink*

Press Triangle despite there not being a prompt to do so, I had to google the same thing. Dumb idea

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Penn wrote: »
    Just walk up to him and speak to him. A small cutscene should play.
    Spoke to him a good nit... nadda.
    What do you do with normal riddler informants? *wink wink*
    I'll try again tonight but I'm convinced i hit every fecking button (and shouted at the TV) and nothing happened. Is there a trigger event, like you have to be so far along in the story or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Spoke to him a good nit... nadda.

I'll try again tonight but I'm convinced i hit every fecking button (and shouted at the TV) and nothing happened. Is there a trigger event, like you have to be so far along in the story or something?

I found the same problem. I would play and there would be no informants anywhere. And then some other times they would be popping up one after the other.

The only suggestion I have, and this could be complete crap, is to close and reload your game. I could have been imagining it, but I found that when I started the game I could always find a few by driving around but then they seemed to dry up. Then the following day I would start playing and there would be a few around again.

Again, could be my imagination - but probably worth a shot. I know how maddening it is!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Cormac... wrote: »
    I have almost all the Side Quests done and am closing in on the end of the main game.

I have about 60 Riddler things meaning I have 200 left to get.

I'm really feeling that I should just youtube the ending and f**k the Riddler stuff.

I completed the game at the weekend but I didn't complete the Riddler missions (I did complete everything else)

I since watched the ending on YouTube.

I have no regrets with my decision. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

faceman wrote: »
    I completed the game at the weekend but I didn't complete the Riddler missions (I did complete everything else)

I since watched the ending on YouTube.

I have no regrets with my decision. ;)

For me the ending wasn't the reason for getting them all, it was so I could just capture The Riddler who was annoying me the whole time through the game with his mocking! ;)

I must say it was very satisfying actually getting closer and closer to getting him, seeing him get more scared and finally getting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So you can use both the 89 batman suit and 89 batmobile in free roam. NICE

Also Tumbler confirmed for September.

http://batman-news.com/2015/08/18/the-dark-knight-tumbler-is-coming-to-batman-arkham-knight-next-month-video/

September's DLC:

-Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #1 (Sept. 1): Receive 6 AR challenges for Batman, Nightwing, Robin and Catwoman. This expansive challenge pack allows focused training in Freeflow Combat and Invisible Predator stealth incursion.

-GCPD Lockdown (Later in Sept.): Set after the events of Arkham Knight, play as Nightwing to stop the Penguin from breaking out of the Gotham City Police Department in this thrilling story pack.

-Original Arkham Batman Skin (Later in Sept.): Fight the war against Gotham City with the original Arkham Asylum Batman costume.

-2008 Tumbler Batmobile Pack (Later in Sept.): Inspired by the 2008 movie ‘The Dark Knight’, intimidate your foes with the Tumbler Batmobile and race through two themed tracks.

11880372_10153197626126633_622684054954190715_n.jpg?oh=e354b73440a365d3730ba9cdeaadbb1d&oe=5673102F

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've only just started this as of yesterday. While, I liked the idea of a Batmobile, it is absolutely ruining my enjoyment of the game.

It seems to be thrown into the game at every opportunity for some reason.

Wouldn't mind but it handles dreadfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

That_Guy wrote: »
    I've only just started this as of yesterday. While, I liked the idea of a Batmobile, it is absolutely ruining my enjoyment of the game.

It seems to be thrown into the game at every opportunity for some reason.

All i can say is you do get used to it after a while. In the beginning i hated it but if you use battle mode for any complex maneuvers it makes it a lot easier.

Stick with it great game

It's a good game despite the Batmobile, never because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That_Guy wrote: »

What really helped me was changing the controls so pressing Square (or possibly L1/R1, forget which) toggled Battle Mode on/off (without having to hold down the button) and L2 becomes brake/reverse. Made both driving and the drone battles a lot more playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

As Penn says, change the control settings to toggle Battle Mode instead of holding it down. Unfortunately, you have to wait for this option to be unlocked. I think it's unlocked when you're first told to go to GCPD (or possibly after you get there). It's absolutely moronic that you can't do it from the start, but considering the developer thought focusing so much on the Batmobile missions was also a good idea, I shouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I must be one of the few people who really enjoyed the Batmobile (bar the performance issues on PC) - I can't think of any moment where I wished I didn't have to use it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If you get the upgrades for it early on, it's at least pretty simple to get through the Batmobile bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Cheers for the tips on the alternative controls for the Batmobile lads. Made it much easier to navigate around.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I wasn't sure about the batmobile at the start, but that battle mode toggle made it much better, and the controls made more sense then. When you get used to it, it's actually really good for speeding around town. Though some of the Riddler 'races' you can actually do easier and quicker with grapnel boosting than using the batmobile!

4 riddler trophies left to go, looking forward to taking the smug git down later!

Irritating that they've not released the DLC for those PC players among us that have the game already.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Can you actually play the campaign with the 1989 Batmobile and suit? Seen conflicting reports. Probably the only DLC I would be inclined to buy but only if you can play the full game with it. Won't be around my PS4 until saturday to check.
    I think the default ones look like arse.

Can you actually play the campaign with the 1989 Batmobile and suit? Seen conflicting reports. Probably the only DLC I would be inclined to buy but only if you can play the full game with it. Won't be around my PS4 until saturday to check.
    I think the default ones look like arse.

You can play with the 89 suit all the time.

89 Batmobile has no tank mode so it can't be used in story mode until you have cleared all the tanks off the street. You're free to use it all the time once you have though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Is there any way to bring back the suit battle damage?

I changed bar suits, then back again, and now it's all squeaky clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is there any way to bring back the suit battle damage?

I changed bar suits, then back again, and now it's all squeaky clean.

Yupp, at the main menu, go to gallery or collection something. Go to suits and there should be a damaged suit from end game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp, at the main menu, go to gallery or collection something. Go to suits and there should be a damaged suit from end game.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

You can play with the 89 suit all the time.

89 Batmobile has no tank mode so it can't be used in story mode until you have cleared all the tanks off the street. You're free to use it all the time once you have though

Thanks. Better than nothing but still a little disappointing.

Thanks. Better than nothing but still a little disappointing.

Ah in fairness they didn't have to let you use it in free roam at all, so I'm glad they did. The only other way around it would be to have the 89 batmobile turn into a tank and that definitely would have pissed people off. It's a fair compromise imo.

• Advertisement

Wait.... so if you can't use these Skins Specifically Batmobile Skins etc in free roam.... where do you use them?

Advertisement