Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Damn that Batmobile is hard to control.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finished the main story, short of getting the required number of Most Wanted.
    Encountered my first real glitch when chasing an armoured car resulted in me dropping through the road into nothing. Only got out of it by ejecting from the batmobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Finished the main story, short of getting the required number of Most Wanted.
    Encountered my first real glitch when chasing an armoured car resulted in me dropping through the road into nothing. Only got out of it by ejecting from the batmobile

I had a glitch where one guy who I knocked of a platflorm started flying all around the room, he ended up knocking down tons of enemies though so it was all good :cool:

I've had things happen with enemies as well like not falling down correctly and all, but nothing like that.

Reminds me of when a glitch helped me beat the Duchess in American McGee's Alice when she got stuck in a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

This is by far the worst of the series for me. At the airships and it's just dragging. Think i'll get rid while it's worth something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sweetie wrote: »
    This is by far the worst of the series for me. At the airships and it's just dragging. Think i'll get rid while it's worth something.

The airship bit was brutal. That rotating it side to side to solve puzzles was such a bore.

That aside, I think the Batmobile ruined the game for me and the amount of vehicle combat, It just didn't feel like Batman at all at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    The airship bit was brutal. That rotating it side to side to solve puzzles was such a bore.

That aside, I think the Batmobile ruined the game for me and the amount of vehicle combat, It just didn't feel like Batman at all at times.

I wasn't that invested in the series at all, and I like to put quite a bit of research into a game now before I buy it (I didn't previously and was burned on numerous occasions, like many gamers). I seen the Batmobile sections and immediately thought "not for me, at all" but I picked this up for €28 quid brand new last week and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it (even the Batmobile sections, though I do agree there is way too much of it)

Think they could have done a little more with the combat, its a little boring now. And I have absolutely no intention of buying any DLC or completing those Riddler missions, but for anyone thinking of buying it - Argos at €28 is a good deal and you are likely to see similar store credit upon trading it in I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    It just didn't feel like Batman at all at times.

I agree very much

I'm just doing side missions. Thankfully I'm done with all the batmobile chases. But doing the ones where you upload the virus to the ines and you get constantly spawning drones gets really tedious. Especially if you die and have to stat from the beginning of them again.

A couple other things I was thinking of
    Since this is the planned end to the Arkham series, I think they should've gone back to Arkham Asylum at or near the end to bring things full circle

and
    I wonder how many assets were reused from Origins. Watching a comparison video it looks like they got similar maps anyway so they were obviously working together. Though some of the references seemed a bit tacked on, like Firefly referring to being left on the bridge or the Electrocutioner gloves. Then it didn't get shown in the end credits

Also, since I read the comics
    It seems weird that Tim and Barbara ended up together

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    A couple other things I was thinking of
    Since this is the planned end to the Arkham series, I think they should've gone back to Arkham Asylum at or near the end to bring things full circle

and
    I wonder how many assets were reused from Origins. Watching a comparison video it looks like they got similar maps anyway so they were obviously working together. Though some of the references seemed a bit tacked on, like Firefly referring to being left on the bridge or the Electrocutioner gloves. Then it didn't get shown in the end credits

Also, since I read the comics
    It seems weird that Tim and Barbara ended up together

I felt like the whole
    firefly missions were very poor and there wasnt even a boss fight or even a change of what you have to do , its all just the same chase him in a car

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I only have 2 memorable bosses (as in in the literal use of the word, I can barely remember the point of the others) and those were Professor Pyg and ManBat thingy.....

The rest were busy work, didn't make me feel like Mr Freeze did, or Deadshot (I think it was) etc in City.

(Sorry if my lore is cr@p here, never got in the comics or shows - only watching Gotham season 2 now)

Might go back to finally play Asylum given it was free on PS Plus, the more I play games that are spread too thin/long I hanker for better contained experienced (drags up the old Vice City v San Andreas, Far Cry 3 v 4 arguments again)

Cormac... wrote: »
    I only have 2 memorable bosses (as in in the literal use of the word, I can barely remember the point of the others) and those were Professor Pyg and ManBat thingy.....

The rest were busy work, didn't make me feel like Mr Freeze did, or Deadshot (I think it was) etc in City.

(Sorry if my lore is cr@p here, never got in the comics or shows - only watching Gotham season 2 now)

Might go back to finally play Asylum given it was free on PS Plus, the more I play games that are spread too thin/long I hanker for better contained experienced (drags up the old Vice City v San Andreas, Far Cry 3 v 4 arguments again)

Professor Pyg was good I really enjoyed the
    cloudburst
    fight even though it was with the batmobile, it was so intense and it felt like it made sense to do it in the batmobile rather than most boss battles

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Cormac... wrote: »

You won't regret playing Asylum. Less is more. It's the most focussed and clutter free of all the games.

For example getting 100% (riddler trophies and the like) is very acheivable and not the chore it became even in city.

Go I effin love that game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Try to get a riddle trophy where you need to drive to the top of a car park.

I can't get in as the gate is closed. Anyone know how to fix this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I finished everything in the game but gave up with the riddler trophies what was once a full little side game in the previous games has just turned in a chore. I only had about half of the trophies and it was mind numbing trying to get them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I started playing this about two weeks ago and am enjoying it in short bursts, even the bat mobile bits :eek:

Will so not be getting 100% due to the Riddler trophies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

My Christmas was spent playing Return to Arkham, loved both games. Did the main stories only and slowly progressing through side missions on AC. Picked Arkham Knight up also and must admit I'm loving it. The Batmobile was frustrating at first but I got used to it and I quite enjoy it now.

The story on this one is fantastic. I've literally jumped on a number of occasions and laughed out loud at others. I rate this one highly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SGSM

Trying to disarm some of the bombs are far too hard. Those heat seeking missiles that you have to shoot down while avoiding other attacks make it very difficult. Sick of that part of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I love this game. Rarely bother with New Game + but had to with this. It's still excellent but Professor Pyg and his Doll a trons are whipping my arse. Seriously, I can kick the Crap out of those huge mini gunners but these fellas are handing it to me each and every time. Grrrr. Expect rage quit within the next 15 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So this is on sale on PSN for 12 euro, season pass for 8 euro and premium edition for 20. It's long traded in but I can get a loan of it and buy the season pass.

Anyone here recommend the season pass for 8 quid? I know it has season of infamy (4 story packs), batgirl story pack and a bunch of challenge rooms, skins, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone here recommend the season pass for 8 quid? I know it has season of infamy (4 story packs), batgirl story pack and a bunch of challenge rooms, skins, etc.

Played it and all the DLC on steam family share. The DLC was weak compared to the main campaign. I wouldn't pay for it. Then again I wouldn't pay for the main game, either.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So this is on sale on PSN for 12 euro, season pass for 8 euro and premium edition for 20. It's long traded in but I can get a loan of it and buy the season pass.

Tbh I've seen only bad comments about the DLC for this. Especially compared to the DLC for other Arkham games. Most if not all comments said the DLC should have been free so I wouldn't pay it.

€12 for the main game is great value though. I forgot how cool the game is and now replaying it on NG+ I'm having a great time. The story is brilliant with some hilarious dialogue. This is one I don't see myself trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

The quality of what you get in the dlc story wise isn't great but for anyone picking it up now, 20e for everything isn't bad.

The coolest part of the dlc at least for me was driving around in the 89 batmobile and 89 batsuit. Both look great in game.

The quality of what you get in the dlc story wise isn't great but for anyone picking it up now, 20e for everything isn't bad.

The coolest part of the dlc at least for me was driving around in the 89 batmobile and 89 batsuit. Both look great in game.

There s nothing similar(ish) to Harvey Quinns Revenge from AC is there? Is it mainly predator and combat rooms? Is there any extra storyline?

Just wanted to mention that I love the Riddler stuff in this one. Most of the trophies are intriguing and its hugely rewarding figuring put a lot of them. While they were certainly overkill in AC (still about 20 odd to get) I thought they were just right in Knight and intelligently designed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

There s nothing similar(ish) to Harvey Quinns Revenge from AC is there? Is it mainly predator and combat rooms? Is there any extra storyline?

Just wanted to mention that I love the Riddler stuff in this one. Most of the trophies are intriguing and its hugely rewarding figuring put a lot of them. While they were certainly overkill in AC (still about 20 odd to get) I thought they were just right in Knight and intelligently designed.

It's a while since I played it but there is story stuff the problem is it's very short. There's some extra missions added into the story as side quests i think. Sure look for 8e it's fine it's just i paid full wack when the game was released and felt short changed.

I hate the Riddler trophies :D

78 Riddler trophies to go!!! (at least 1 of which I'll never get). Currently playing NG+ Almost finished in fact. Getting 100% completion on a game has never been an ambition of mine but I think I want to do so with this as I anticipate the stages of grief when finally done.

To prolong the gameplay and delay the loss of Batman I'm going to purchase DLC. Even though I have 2FA enabled I do not feel comfortable giving Sony my card details so going to buy credit somewhere. Is €20 the smallest denomination you can get or should I be able pick up a tenners worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Should be able to get €10 top up cards in Smyths / Gamestop easily enough.

You can get a €20 top up card for €17.99 here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Having the proper ending to the game gated behind 200 or so Riddler trophies was a massively stupid decision. No chance in hell i was going to do that, and just watched it on YouTube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

78 Riddler trophies to go!!! (at least 1 of which I'll never get).

Any description of the one you won't get? There are very detailed youtube vids for every riddler trophy, clue, etc in the game.
    Kiith wrote: »
    Having the proper ending to the game gated behind 200 or so Riddler trophies was a massively stupid decision. No chance in hell i was going to do that, and just watched it on YouTube.

Yupp, madness to include the riddler stuff in that. Must be A LOT of people who wouldn't have seen it (outside of youtube).

Advertisement