Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Rather delayed than the buggy mess that was Arkham Origins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Aww :(. I would rather it be delayed than some rushed out crap though :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Aw man delayed til 2015!

"It would move me to tears... If I still had tears to shed"

But really its good news for me!!!!

No need to get a new console (or PC) this year now....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Pity, but like Penn and Reiketsu, I've no problem if the delay improves the final game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

2015 is going to be ridiculously packed with games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It's a real shame that it was delayed. Now the new Assassin's Creed game is the only game to be excited about in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It's a real shame that it was delayed. Now the new Assassin's Creed game is the only game to be excited about in 2014.
    Not in any way excited for The Evil Within, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Alien: Isolation, Shadow of Mordor or Evolve?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

gizmo wrote: »
    Not in any way excited for The Evil Within, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Alien: Isolation, Shadow of Mordor or Evolve?

Don't like survival horror so that rules out Alien: Isolation and The Evil Within. Didn't play Dragon Age Origins so I know nothing about the new one. Evolve doesn't interest me. Shadow of Mordor keeps being likened to Dark Souls so that has soured me on it after my initial excitement.

I do actually have Destiny pre-ordered and had forgotten about it. I am looking forward to it actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Good. I'll have enough on my plate with all the Kickstarted RPGs I've spent too much money on coming to fruition later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If a games late it's bad once, if it comes out broken it's bad forever (in peoples minds).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Don't like survival horror so that rules out Alien: Isolation and The Evil Within. Didn't play Dragon Age Origins so I know nothing about the new one. Evolve doesn't interest me. Shadow of Mordor keeps being likened to Dark Souls so that has soured me on it after my initial excitement.

I do actually have Destiny pre-ordered and had forgotten about it. I am looking forward to it actually.

what? if anything it kinda resembles assassins creed+batman origins playstyle except in the lotr world, which imo is not a bad thing
    its gotten praise from hands on reviews :)

I am the same with dragon age, I played the first didn't like it, If this new one doesnt involve me knowing the previous games I might get it just for the sake of building up my game library

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Good news - Red Hood confirmed

Bad news - seems to be a preorder bonus. Hopefully he still has a big part in the main game and the dlc is just you playing as him from his point of view.

10557301_10152310910416633_3142297847532352443_n.jpg

Gamestop exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Knew it.

Will even buy it from that shower to get it (price dependent, got another Batman DLC preorder and it cost more than buying it separate).

Not liking the costume, he'd worn a red crash helmet and then usually a jacket over somebody armour.

Also thought this was late 2014 :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Dunno why anyone is surprise, almost all the Arkham games have had GameStop exclusive DLC to date, this one was never going to be any different.

All this sort of behaviour does is make me wait until a GOTY edition to buy the game. If everyone responded like this and made it clear that they're not going to buy products piecemeal when the alternative is to wait for the full thing, then this sort of nonsense would stop.

No way could I wait for the goty. My favourite series this/last gen, can't wait to see how it ends.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You need to learn about delayed gratification :p

I don't have time to replay games when they finally release the full product, this is why I tend to avoid early access/beta games too.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Dunno why anyone is surprise, almost all the Arkham games have had GameStop exclusive DLC to date, this one was never going to be any different.
    Challenge Map packs and skin bundles are one thing, a chunk of single player content like this is another issue entirely though. I'd have had no problem with it had it been like the Catwoman content in Arkham City, a nice bonus for anyone buying the game new regardless of the retailer, but locking it to a specific store? Nope.
    Shiminay wrote: »
    All this sort of behaviour does is make me wait until a GOTY edition to buy the game. If everyone responded like this and made it clear that they're not going to buy products piecemeal when the alternative is to wait for the full thing, then this sort of nonsense would stop.
    If everyone held off on buying it we wouldn't have a GOTY edition nor would we get subsequent Batman games in a similar vein. Buying the game is fine, pre-ordering with Gamestop in this instance is what would be sending the wrong message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Are pre-order prices up for Gamestop yet?

Don't really wanna miss out on that, but their prices lately have been atrocious.

Still holding out for a collector's edition...

maximoose wrote: »
    Are pre-order prices up for Gamestop yet?

Don't really wanna miss out on that, but their prices lately have been atrocious.

Still holding out for a collector's edition...
    Given the dates on the pre-order leaks I'd say we're still a bit away from prices. I'd expect Gamestop ones to be higher than average given their exclusivity though. :(

As for the CE, I'd be amazed if there wasn't one and I'd be surprised if it wasn't a scale Batmobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Given the dates on the pre-order leaks I'd say we're still a bit away from prices. I'd expect Gamestop ones to be higher than average given their exclusivity though. :(

As for the CE, I'd be amazed if there wasn't one and I'd be surprised if it wasn't a scale Batmobile.

Please don't say that. If it is, there's no way I'll be able to resist buying it to go along with my City and Origins CE statues :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I don't often go for collector's editions but got the Arkham City and Origins one so really looking forward to seeing what the arkham knight collector's edition is like. The statue with Origins was pretty cool.

Yep, the Batman CEs are the only ones I've gotten over the last couple of years. Not only have the statues been great but they've been reasonably priced too which certainly helps.

The only thing that bothers me is that with City they didn't include the proper boxed copy of the game, instead going for the disc in a sleeve. That and non-standard inlays in CE versions of games bug the utter crap out of me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Exclusive content....to a store.

Sigh.......:(

Practices like this encourage piracy. Publishers shouldn't be agreeing to deals like this. Short term gain but long term loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

WB are notorious for this sort of behaviour and its only going to get worse

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/07/08/gamestop-may-seek-exclusive-content-during-a-games-development/

I never supported pre order content because its bull**** and still is and just annoys me that **** like this happen and batman is not out for what another year ???

I never supported pre order content because its bull**** and still is and just annoys me that **** like this happen and batman is not out for what another year ???
    Check the DLC expiration date on the ad. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Check the DLC expiration date on the ad. :)

hard to make out but I assume you need to download the code before 2014 ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

hard to make out but I assume you need to download the code before 2014 ??

Add 10 years

Advertisement