Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank charges boi

Options
  • 06-02-2014 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

I checked my account online today and unbelievably saw that my account had been deducted 30euro as a overdraft fee.

I never requested a overdraft facility, I have a modest amount over 2k, never been overdrawn on this account so been charged 30 euro is insulting.

I rang the bank and basically was told sorry cant help you, this fee can not be reversed. I told the guy I was so annoyed with this that I would close my account, his response was well thats your decision.

So what are my options on getting a refund, this is wrong and I will be closing this account if this matter is not resolved to my satisfaction pretty speedily.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi pat1981,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The overdraft facility fee should only be applied to accounts that have an overdraft permission. A Customer Advisor in your account holding branch will be more than happy to look into this further for you and if the fee has been applied to your account in error they can arrange for this to be refunded. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cladda1112

Same here. So fed up with BOI. It not my fault if BOI can not so correct ballance on my acc. Going to close it as this is not the first time.  Even today my wages not in. Prob b after dinner before I see them. Bad service. 

Advertisement