Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Premier League Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Such a hammering. van Gerwen's performance somehow got lost in how that went. Didn't look like a 109 average game at all if that makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Probably the worst I've seen Taylor play.

Love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

It seems like a long time ago since Lewis was Taylor's "apprentice"....

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭stpaddy99

mackeire wrote: »
    i reckon taylor will walk this one

edit: maybe not

:pac::pac::p:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Two very anti-climatic final matches as Lewis cruises to a win against Whitlock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Taylor on his way back to the bdo then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Taylor never got going and in the last leg fell apart completely.
    On 48 he went for 16 D16 and hit single 8. Not a disaster but his confidence
    was shattered and couldn't hit a single! After that he he never going to get the double.

One other point. Is it my screen or was the camera on the bottom of the board at at a very odd angle that made it every difficult to see the darts thrown at 19's 17's etc?

And while I'm at it I'm not a big fan of the numbering either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

he was beat 6-2 by Keegan Brown in round one of the first UK Open qualifier today lol
    bad few days for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Going to have a nice little bet on Lewis at 11/8 to beat Taylor next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

A bit late but...

The start of every Premier League Season, ever:

- Oooh, Taylor has new darts.
    - Oooh, Taylor has lost weight.
    - WHAT THE HELL?!? Taylor is in crisis!!!

He'll be 'better than ever' in a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got tickets to my first premier league darts in the o2 on the 27th march

there up in the gods Block N row 38

hope i have a bit of fun anyway

Barney had the head down there after the first couple of matches....

Drives me mad when he does that, it's like he loses interest in the match completely..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Barney just looked completely disinterested. Seems like his poor performances in the UK Open qualifiers have knocked his confidence.

Both played mediocre there...a draw is about all it was worth..

Whitlock's head was nearly as low as Barney's.....Anderson won easy enough..

Taylor bottom of the league after two weeks. I really thought he was going to.win tonight after beating Lewis in the final last Sunday.

Can't believe Taylor is in such bad form....

I still see him coming back though...

I'd like to see Thornton get a draw....

Well, that ended on a damp squib for Thornton...

Johner wrote: »
    Going to have a nice little bet on Lewis at 11/8 to beat Taylor next week.

Sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Taylor bottom of the league after two weeks. I really thought he was going to.win tonight after beating Lewis in the final last Sunday.

Rumour is he went back onto his old darts for the 2nd floor tournament last weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

KevIRL wrote: »
    Rumour is he went back onto his old darts for the 2nd floor tournament last weekend

Was wondering that myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

KevIRL wrote: »

Wish id known that previously.

He still averaged 98.27 which was the second highest of the night after Lewis and that included being 3/12-25% on doubles.

Didnt look that high an average to me when I was watching, lot of loose darts.

Be interesting to see him next week against Wright who was awful tonight with an average of 83.83, comfortably the worst of the night.

It was a fairly low-key night of darts. No matches that really grabbed your attention.

I think the league format takes a bit of the edge off the darts. They know if they don't perform this week then there's next week and the excitement of tournament knock-out format just isn't there.

gramar wrote: »
    It was a fairly low-key night of darts. No matches that really grabbed your attention.

I think the league format takes a bit of the edge off the darts. They know if they don't perform this week then there's next week and the excitement of tournament knock-out format just isn't there.

Yep, it's easily the poorest tournament on the PDC calender, I have very little interest in it and mostly have it on in the background while I'm doing other things.

That being said it's important for the money it brings in for the PDC so they can afford to pay out the prize money they do at the other tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Yep, it's easily the poorest tournament on the PDC calender, I have very little interest in it and mostly have it on in the background while I'm doing other things.

That being said it's important for the money it brings in for the PDC so they can afford to pay out the prize money they do at the other tournaments.

Have to agree im not bothered even watching this as its very repetitive and a tired format at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yeah I haven't liked it in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

I think extending it to 10 players has ruined it. Also, it goes on for too long - nearly 4 months. It's a joke how out of 10 players, 6 are wildcards and on that how players like Chisnall, Newton and Anderson (While I like him, he is World no. 18) are in it while James Wade is not.

The Dutch darts masters is on Youtube this weekend if anyone's interested.

Thornton playing unreal darts here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No living with Thornton in that form. Some turnaround from him, I think everybody expected a routine win for Anderson.

• Advertisement

I've never seen him play so well. Unreal darts from Thornton.

Advertisement