Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Lies - Ambassador - 16th March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Thats really weird. Cant search for tickets either. Would like to see them too but would they release tkts with the gig supposedly so close?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

On their website it seems that they've a gap in their schedule from 27th Feb - 22nd March.

Do they even do gigs in the Ambassador anymore? Haven't been there in years

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Shedite27 wrote: »
    On their website it seems that they've a gap in their schedule from 27th Feb - 22nd March.

Do they even do gigs in the Ambassador anymore? Haven't been there in years

I think I saw franz ferdinand in the ambassador. Havent been there since :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Apart from the sound i always liked the Ambassador . you had a good venue anywhere on the floor .

Can see it being a mistake and maybe it being changed to the Academy

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Says on their official site that they are in Australia around the time of this gig.

• Advertisement

martin101 wrote: »
    Says on their official site that they are in Australia around the time of this gig.

Well they are not in Oz till 6 days after this gig . Seems Funeral suits are supporting going back ticketmaster

EDIT Funeral Suits have it on their fb page https://www.facebook.com/FuneralSuits/app_308540029359

Hopefully the tickets go on sale soon. Seen they are €15. Great value

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I thought the Ambassador had stopped doing gigs, the last time I was there was for Megadeth in 2007. The White Lies are well worth seeing live though, was at the NME Awards Tour in 2009 in Brixton Academy, it was a great night and they stole the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

the ambassador , that weird, i like white lies but not pushed about going to see them but id pay into the ambassador just to be back in that venue , miss it dearly :o:(

Sorry, but this event no longer exists in our database.
    Is coming up now on ticketmaster. Knew it was too good to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

Ah i see its now Jameson St Patricks Live presents White Lies + Funeral Suits & Darling .

Would nearly go just to go to the Ambassador again

Are they going on sale in the morning?

dont care im going, i like white lies anyway , defo going cause i miss that place so it goes hand in hand

big thank you to jameson ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lovely stuff. White Lies in the Ambassador for €17.

Tickets sorted!

1911867_10152198274574158_2080621301_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I've never been to the Ambassador, whats the capacity like? Can it hold more than rhe Olympia?

lc180 wrote: »
    I've never been to the Ambassador, whats the capacity like? Can it hold more than rhe Olympia?

Its smaller than the Olympia , think about 1200 ish. The crowd floor is just a big open space , no columns like the olympia and then a seating area upstairs . Kinda like a smaller version of Brixton Academy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Bought the full six for this one, been waiting a long time for them and had planned on a trip abroad later this year if they didn't come; can't wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

This is awesome news :D

White Lies are fantastic live, saw them support Coldplay in the Phoenix Park and in the Academy at Heineken Green Spheres.

Ambassador is a class venue, I've been to some incredible gigs there (Manics, Mansun, Suede, Idlewild, The Vines)

• Advertisement

This is awesome news :D

White Lies are fantastic live, saw them support Coldplay in the Phoenix Park and in the Academy at Heineken Green Spheres.

Ambassador is a class venue, I've been to some incredible gigs there (Manics, Mansun, Suede, Idlewild, The Vines)

Yea only been to 4 gigs there before it shut . K Tour! 2008???? Airbourne , QOTSA and Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 34 janney5

Thanks OP, great spot. Haven't been in the Ambassador or seen the White Lies in years. Great chance to kill two birds with one stone!

Mr.S wrote: »
    Great to see the being used as a live venue again. Best memories there!

Lets hope its not a once off

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Only heard today about this gig, 2 tickets bought, looking forward to it. :D

Ambassador pisses all over the Academy in terms of a venue

i was thinking as i was passing it today , could they be testing the waters to see if people were still interested in it as a venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

A V A wrote: »
    i was thinking as i was passing it today , could they be testing the waters to see if people were still interested in it as a venue?

And they couldn't have gotten a better act to do that with?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

And they couldn't have gotten a better act to do that with?!
    I hear they tried to get U2 and David Bowie...

AdMMM wrote: »
    I hear they tried to get U2 and David Bowie...

i heard they tried with beyonce and garth brooks

• Advertisement

Last WL album was gash though

Advertisement