Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJI membership

Options
  • 06-02-2014 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm just interested to hear what people think of the sji memebership, in particular the cost.
    I'm thinking of joining for the first time this year (I've previously just entered on temporary tickets). Its working out quite expensive as I have to first register a name for my horse which is €80 to horse sport Ireland. The €130 to register myself with sji and a further €65 to register the horse with sji.
    Its serms ridiculously expensive compared to the fees for other organisations such as riding club, dressage ireland etc. and id imagine the cost puts a lot of people off joining.
    I live very near coilog so that's why the sji would be worth joining; I was in riding club up to this but I found a lot of travel was required to go to shows regularly.
    I also heard the price of a temporary ticket with sji has gone up to ten euro!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Its shockin expensive last yr i jumped on tempoary tickets in kk n it cost 30 euro a round.

The reason tempoary tickets have gone up is cause not as many coming to some shows & the organisprs still have to pay money to sji whether a hundred turn up or 10 turn up. So the judge told me that day

How many times do you think over a month will you get to go sj ?

Will you sell your horse in the future.
    What height are you jumping at.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

monflat wrote: »
    Its shockin expensive last yr i jumped on tempoary tickets in kk n it cost 30 euro a round.

The reason tempoary tickets have gone up is cause not as many coming to some shows & the organisprs still have to pay money to sji whether a hundred turn up or 10 turn up. So the judge told me that day

True. Boswell in Wicklow are getting out of registered shows altogether from this year due to (1) lack of numbers and (2) popularity of jump cross and also their combined training leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Clogsworth

monflat wrote: »

I don't intend on selling her, but even so if im going to jump her regularly id like her to be getting the points.
    I would be hoping to go twice a month over the spring/summer period.
    I jumped 90s on her last year, hope to go up to a meter by the end of this year. We haven't show jumped since about October, just did some hunting over the winter.
    I probably will register her this year but I have had to think about it because its so much money. I was just curious really about what others thought of the prices!

Advertisement