Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub/Bar Function Room for FREE Disco/DJ

Options
  • 06-02-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Does anyone know of a suitable venue in Carlow, or surrounding area, ideally with a function room that has a bar that I could use for free. I DJ as a hobby and I would love to set up a monthly event to DJ in the Carlow area. I would set up all the gear and lay on the music for FREE. I do 70's disco nights, 80's nights and alternative music such as SKA, Northern Soul, Punk and Mod stuff retro stuff.

Please let me know if you know of a pub/bar that would be worth me contacting.

Cheers :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

KeithVal1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a suitable venue in Carlow, or surrounding area, ideally with a function room that has a bar that I could use for free. I DJ as a hobby and I would love to set up a monthly event to DJ in the Carlow area. I would set up all the gear and lay on the music for FREE. I do 70's disco nights, 80's nights and alternative music such as SKA, Northern Soul, Punk and Mod stuff retro stuff.

Please let me know if you know of a pub/bar that would be worth me contacting.

Cheers :pac:

For electricity/heating/staff/insurance you'd want to convince them that you'd bring in quite a few people to get a room for free to make it worth their while. Just offering your service for free won't cut it for any sensible proprietor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 KeithVal1

Thank you, what you say is a good point. Obviously I can't predict the turn out of a do that I arrange, but do you think if I offered to publicize and advertise it that would swing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Try Ewings on the quay.
    They've recently renovated and have party nights in the back bar / function room, so it might be worth calling in to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Thank you, what you say is a good point. Obviously I can't predict the turn out of a do that I arrange, but do you think if I offered to publicize and advertise it that would swing it?

I was thinking of doing a monthly gig - maybe we could do both things on the one night in the same venue? I'll send you a pm if youre up for it, and we can see if we can find somewhere .... DJ on for a few hours, then a live band.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I'm not sure if it would because I'm not that familiar with the situation.

Just offering things you might want to consider before giving your sales pitch.

A venue will want to break even at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 KeithVal1

Hi, Thanks for the post, to be honest I'm looking to do a complete evening/night as I have playlists already set up that are 5 - 6 hours long. However as and when I do find an appropriate venue I'll let you know the details. Cheers

Advertisement