Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone got suggestions for cleaning canvas runners without soaking them?

• 06-02-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I bought a new pair of canvas runners, they're white, so, dirt is very noticeable on them. And in the current weather, they're very likely to get dirty. Usually I wouldn't care, but I like this pair of shoes a lot, so I want them to look as good as they possibly can. I tried to wash the dirt off with a damp cloth and a bit of soap, but, my attempts failed. I can't leave them soaking every time they get a bit dirty. So is there any product or method that should be able to remove most of the dirt without wetting them too much? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Vanish carpet cleaner?

There is one thats in an aerosol can and it basically extracts the dirt from the fabric and can be hoovered up after wards. Obviously its designed for carpet so I dunno how it would work with canvas trainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭vertico

Don't wear them when it's raining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mod

Hi OP,
    I have moved your thread to this forum as I think you'll get better answers here.
    Regards,
    Sauve :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

JML Magic Eraser works well on the canvas parts (not so much on the rubber).
    It's like a dense sponge, you just wet it, wring it out, then rub the stains. Lots of other uses like getting pencil marks off painted walls etc.
    http://www.jmldirect.com/uk/doktor-power/doktor-power-magic-eraser/invt/d03me30100000001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Baking soda mixed with water used with a nail brush seems to be a popular way of cleaning white canvas shoes. Here's a link with some info.

There's some youtube videos with info as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

I just put mine into the washing machine, they come out perfect though

Advertisement