Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good deals on Samsung Smart 3D TVs?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭dubrov

If you already have UPC Horizon, does a smart TV offer you any extra than a normal TV?
    The only extra would really be the internet browser which is pretty much unusable anyway.

This is more or less the same TV with 3D and minus the Smart TV aspect for €130 less:

http://www.pixmania.ie/led-tv/samsung-ue40eh6030-3d-led-tv/15313039-a.html

If you drop the 3D requirement it gets cheaper again. Most people watch 3D films a couple of times and retire the glasses to a drawer permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Thanks for the recommendation Dubrov

Also forgot to menton that i like the X type stand on the Samsung (it reminds me of teh Cylon Basestars on BattleStar Galactica!)

The UE40EH6030 doesn't seem to have that stand (and also has quite an old fashioned thick bezel)

Any other tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭dubrov

I have pretty much the same TV from the previous year's model.

The X stand does look nice but be aware that it is not height adjustable.
    The thin bezel is also a nice feature and looks the business.

The Smart features are pretty underwhelming though. If you are thinking Android/IOS on a TV, think again. The browser won't run flash video reliably and is pretty much unusable with a remote control. Youtube/RTE player/TV3 player all run well but are already available on UPC anyway.

One other thing to be aware of is that the 2014 models from all the major manufacturers will probably come out in March/April so you might see a decent price drop on the F series at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 butadoo

http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/402449/LED-TV-117-cm-46-Samsung-UE46F6170SSXZG-analogue-DVB-T-H?ref=searchDetail

check the above link 617€ gets you a 46 inch samsung

I got my tv from them 3 months ago quick and cheap delivery got it delivered from Germany for 5.99€ in about 10 days , and when you sign up with a new account on the website you get 5€ cupon so delivery cos me 0.99€ .

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lukaszd2007

butadoo wrote: »
    http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/402449/LED-TV-117-cm-46-Samsung-UE46F6170SSXZG-analogue-DVB-T-H?ref=searchDetail

check the above link 617€ gets you a 46 inch samsung

I got my tv from them 3 months ago quick and cheap delivery got it delivered from Germany for 5.99€ in about 10 days , and when you sign up with a new account on the website you get 5€ cupon so delivery cos me 0.99€ .

You can find it 10% cheaper delivered also from Germany:):

http://www.comtech.de/Fernseher/LED-TV/Samsung-UE-46F6170SSXZG-3D-LED-Fernseher-DE-EEK-A?sPartner=2&campaign=psm/geizhalsat/Fernseher/LED-TV

• Advertisement

tv is cheaper but delivery to Ireland not possible:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Are 3D and Smart really worth it, Would buy a standard Samsung and then get a Samsung surround sound with Smart capability, wouldn't work out too much dearer

Is there any catch to buying a TV from germany?
    I presume Saorview wouldnt work?
    That doesn't really matter to me as i am have a horizon box...

Any reviews of the UE46F6170 seem to be thin on the ground though

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lukaszd2007

tv is cheaper but delivery to Ireland not possible:(

True, did not see before that delivery hire is only for TV's up to 42"

geecee wrote: »
    Is there any catch to buying a TV from germany?
    I presume Saorview wouldnt work?
    That doesn't really matter to me as i am have a horizon box...

Any reviews of the UE46F6170 seem to be thin on the ground though

No catch just a different plug and has the same DVB-T tunner for Saorview so ii would work.

iImyself have the ue46f6270 as i did not wanted 3D and have no complaints about it after a couple months of use .

• Advertisement

Thanks butadoo
    Do you know if its possible to connect to either of these TVs using intel WiDi (Wireless display)

I would love to be able to view my laptop on the screen without having to use cables!

Sorry dont know anything about Intel Widi and its compatibility with samsung.

JUst a little bump on this
    Have decided that i am not all that fussed whether the TV has smart TV or is a samsung...
    Niw i just want one that supports WiDi so i can mirror my Dell XPS screen to the TV
    Any suggestions appreciated!

Advertisement