Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is carpark in Douglas Village Shopping Centre open late?

Options
  • 06-02-2014 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭

What time does this carpark open until?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

leahyl wrote: »
    What time does this carpark open until?

Till about 12:30am I think. Tesco is open till 12 midnight so defo till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

suds1984 wrote: »
    Till about 12:30am I think. Tesco is open till 12 midnight so defo till then.

Cheers, thanks for that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

They close the entrance to the Car park at around 11:40 - 11:45, only opened till 11 on Sunday and the entrance is closed around 10:45.

Spindle wrote: »
    They close the entrance to the Car park at around 11:40 - 11:45, only opened till 11 on Sunday and the entrance is closed around 10:45.

Thanks, just want to park there for a few hours - going for dinner in the village so it'll be handy cos weather is meant to be crap

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They seal off the rest of the shopping centre so that you can only exit on foot by Tesco. It's still a few minutes walk from there on to the main street, so trying to park on-street might be closer if it's weather you're worried about.

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    They seal off the rest of the shopping centre so that you can only exit on foot by Tesco. It's still a few minutes walk from there on to the main street, so trying to park on-street might be closer if it's weather you're worried about.

Thanks Faith, do you mean the door at the back when you come down the escalator by Tesco? I don't really want to park on the street - not great at parallel parking!! I don't mind walking a few minutes - was going to park in Douglas Court but then that's a bit further away and it's not sheltered.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

leahyl wrote: »
    Thanks Faith, do you mean the door at the back when you come down the escalator by Tesco? I don't really want to park on the street - not great at parallel parking!! I don't mind walking a few minutes - was going to park in Douglas Court but then that's a bit further away and it's not sheltered.

Yeah, the door by the foot of the escalator. You come out on the street about halfway between Douglas and the South Douglas road. Where are you eating? You could park by the east village - that's free after 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

There is parking in the woolen mills as well if you're that direction.

Faith wrote: »
    Yeah, the door by the foot of the escalator. You come out on the street about halfway between Douglas and the South Douglas road. Where are you eating? You could park by the east village - that's free after 6.

Lal Quila - yeah I was thinking of East Village but it's always really busy there I find. I'll see how it is later - might not be too busy if the weather is bad. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

pwurple wrote: »
    There is parking in the woolen mills as well if you're that direction.

To add - there is pay parking in the Woolen Mill at the very back. I made the mistake of not knowing this before and parking there and came back the next day to a shiny yellow boot on my wheel.

I think its €5 for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Park on the street, free after 6.30pm, I ended up having to walk up the out ramp a while back to get my car out due to all doors being locked

• Registered Users Posts: 21 blee23

Sure just snake it into johnnos car park

Advertisement